Forums / General

191,401 total conversations in 5,250 threads

+ New Thread

Uh, guys...(KYM Wiki rediscovery)

Last posted Dec 10, 2013 at 01:23PM EST. Added Dec 07, 2013 at 06:43AM EST
71 conversations with 38 participants

Mister J wrote:

Don’t worry RM I’m sure the users who create pages about themselves won’t read this anyways

Right now it’s a site parodying the circlejerk culture by posting articles depicting users in a negative light but the younger forum-goers unaware of its true intent post articles about themselves in a negative light, thus ruining the parody and instead turn it into a legitimate circlejerk cultural ground.

The circle of stupidity is complete.

If you don’t like users making pages for themselves in a negative light, you’re gonna love this

Dec 08, 2013 at 09:49PM EST

Kebab Removal Unit wrote:

heh heh

He is known to punt babies over 15 yards.

Strange cause my last record showed 20 yards.

Last edited Dec 08, 2013 at 10:59PM EST
Dec 08, 2013 at 10:59PM EST

The Super Robo Jesus article edit war is the epitome of the stupidity that these new edits hold.

Whoever keeps adding the second section, stop it. Your added section is not funny, extremely stupid, and completely misses the point of the KYM wiki.

The wiki was good until it got dug back up and ruined by people who don’t understand its history. If you are editing it without knowing anything about it, please delete all your edits and leave it alone.

Dec 08, 2013 at 11:13PM EST

“Dr. Coolface uses sadism even though he doesn’t believe in it.” True and accurate.

p.s. I hope no one’s implying the wiki was ever good.

Last edited Dec 09, 2013 at 02:39AM EST
Dec 09, 2013 at 02:37AM EST

Kewln00bs name isn't special wrote:

I was looking at the User section and found out I’m not on it. Thank god, then I saw the pages for BSOD and RandomMan. RandomMan’s Page was lulz worthy while I couldn’t get through BSOD’s page because it just seemed like gibberish to me so I gave up.

Ill see if I can fix that

Dec 09, 2013 at 03:00AM EST

Mister J wrote:

Don’t worry RM I’m sure the users who create pages about themselves won’t read this anyways

Right now it’s a site parodying the circlejerk culture by posting articles depicting users in a negative light but the younger forum-goers unaware of its true intent post articles about themselves in a negative light, thus ruining the parody and instead turn it into a legitimate circlejerk cultural ground.

The circle of stupidity is complete.

Oh, I know some of them will read it, because I semi remember who made them.

During the whole edit spree, there were some folks who weren’t a fan of the new edits. I defended them back then, because I didn’t want that Wikia to turn into cyberbullying. The negative edits were funny, as long as they were for the lulz and not to publicly shame a person.

But that never meant I agreed with their circlejerks. So whether it’s the circljerking user pages, or these negative edits, neither follow the purpose of the Wikia, the only difference that the latter can make you laugh if you can laugh at self satire.

Except now you also have folks turning the in-joke pages into something positive, and not as representations of failure, again missing the point.

Dec 09, 2013 at 09:29AM EST

Why am I not in there

I don’t understand

I am THE most important

Dec 09, 2013 at 09:58AM EST

Moargun wrote:

Why am I not in there

I don’t understand

I am THE most important

There is.

It’s the 69th page.

Ur welcom.

Dec 09, 2013 at 11:47AM EST

I got to admit I laughed heartily when I first read the page that some one made on the wiki.

It’s really sweet of them that they know I prefer the missionary position.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:02AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Oh, I know some of them will read it, because I semi remember who made them.

During the whole edit spree, there were some folks who weren’t a fan of the new edits. I defended them back then, because I didn’t want that Wikia to turn into cyberbullying. The negative edits were funny, as long as they were for the lulz and not to publicly shame a person.

But that never meant I agreed with their circlejerks. So whether it’s the circljerking user pages, or these negative edits, neither follow the purpose of the Wikia, the only difference that the latter can make you laugh if you can laugh at self satire.

Except now you also have folks turning the in-joke pages into something positive, and not as representations of failure, again missing the point.

Unironic shitposting is the worst kind of shitposting

Dec 10, 2013 at 01:12AM EST

I love how people are really hinting for a page, Kebab Removal Unit.

The fact that people want personal pages of dishonor and disappointment is really confusing, but nonetheless people’s pages pretty much sum up on what they contribute on this site.

It’s odd.

Seriously, Kebab pretty much said "Make me a page" by saying "I'm lucky I don't have one!". Twice.

Dec 10, 2013 at 03:55AM EST

Weasel wrote:

The fact that people want personal pages of dishonor and disappointment is really confusing, but nonetheless people’s pages pretty much sum up on what they contribute on this site.

It’s odd.

Seriously, Kebab pretty much said "Make me a page" by saying "I'm lucky I don't have one!". Twice.

I’m lucky I don’t have one!
Thrice.

Dec 10, 2013 at 06:27AM EST

Weasel wrote:

It’s odd.

Not everyone is as important as me, so we can’t ALL have pages

Dec 10, 2013 at 07:29AM EST

I’m lucky I don’t have one hint,hint Seriously, that wiki is hilariously bad. Word of advice to users: Asking for a page (or making one yourself) does not make you a more popular user. Hell, I’m a mod and people hardly know who I am, but I’m not bothered. I totally don’t care that I don’t have a page, and I am totally not asking for someone to make me a page which fully comprehends how amazingly awesome I am. Not at all. Not in the slightest. Seriously.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:04AM EST

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Not sure why anyone would want a page that lampoons them, but to each their own I guess.

To show that they are “notable” in this community, so notable that they attract “haters” to write a page about them. They’re not really aware that most of the content of the site was created to parody KYM’s circlejerk culture that made a lot of users have big egos. Now, they create their own pages on the wiki because they have big egos, and thus turning it into their own circlejerk.

To put it shortly, people create their own pages (or ask others to do so for them) because they think that means that they are famous/important, unaware that the intent of the site was to make fun of people who think themselves as famous/important.

It’s like when a racist fundamentalist nut joins the Landover Baptist Church forums.

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:29PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!