Forums / General

195,693 total conversations in 5,388 threads

+ New Thread

Green Warfare

Last posted Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21AM EST. Added Dec 18, 2013 at 06:43PM EST
8 conversations with 7 participants

Oh wow

So while cruising along Fox news, this appeared on the front page. . .

So yea, Green bullets are a thing now.

Green Bullets.

So the question is now, what you guys think? Is this just silly, or a good idea? Is it retarded or a great way to make the world cleaner (and red)?

Mandatory Opinion: I just can’t. Green Bullets. How the hell do I counter this, what do I really say. Its like making green nuclear bombs, or green cluster bombs, it’s just silly and unreasonable.

Dec 18, 2013 at 06:43PM EST

Chickenhound the Cruel wrote:

Oh wow

So while cruising along Fox news, this appeared on the front page. . .

So yea, Green bullets are a thing now.

Green Bullets.

So the question is now, what you guys think? Is this just silly, or a good idea? Is it retarded or a great way to make the world cleaner (and red)?

Mandatory Opinion: I just can’t. Green Bullets. How the hell do I counter this, what do I really say. Its like making green nuclear bombs, or green cluster bombs, it’s just silly and unreasonable.

There’s being an environmentalist, and then there’s… this. Come on, guys, is this really necessary?

Dec 18, 2013 at 06:59PM EST

>copper bullets

I’m all for getting rid of lead in the water supply but this is a really stupid idea. Why copper? Why not a material that doesn’t have a million other uses it’s needed for. Now, copper piping and wiring costs are going to jump up as supplies are diminished. It seems more and more that “going green” is just another term for “jacking up the prices on goods and services.”

Dec 18, 2013 at 07:02PM EST

Pretty sure “Green ammo” was just made up by the tabloids just to make the article sound more rediculou-…oh wait…no…never mind. It’s totally a thing.

Well I guess if we are going to commit wars and murder each other for all infinity, no matter how hard we try not to, we may as well make it less damaging for everything else. I’m sure the removal of lead will make up for the physical destruction of the landscape, pollution and squandering of resources caused by explosive ordinance, rocket engines and heavy vehicles (No it won’t)

Or you could just…you know…not go to war.

Seriously…green warfare…that’s an oxymoron…warfare is the deadliest thing to our environment and earth resources no matter how you spin it. This is almost paradoxical. If you’re an environmentalist, shouldn’t you be more concerned with stopping war itself and how it encourages humanity to wreck and waste shit at all costs no matter how “green” you make?

Last edited Dec 18, 2013 at 11:12PM EST
Dec 18, 2013 at 11:07PM EST

xTSGx wrote:

>copper bullets

I’m all for getting rid of lead in the water supply but this is a really stupid idea. Why copper? Why not a material that doesn’t have a million other uses it’s needed for. Now, copper piping and wiring costs are going to jump up as supplies are diminished. It seems more and more that “going green” is just another term for “jacking up the prices on goods and services.”

THEY’RE ONTO US

But seriously, though, I don’t really 100% support going green as well in all areas. I mean sure, it helps save prices on bills and all that, but we replaced our house with energy saving bulbs, and they were like $20 more than the average incandescent ones.

Dec 19, 2013 at 02:44AM EST

Hmm, it’s difficult. Lead is clearly damaging to both the environment and people, but from reading this article, it seems like it would be far more expensive to “go green.” Not surprising, quite frankly, given how expensive green products usually are.

Dec 19, 2013 at 09:22AM EST

Flare Boost wrote:

Hmm, it’s difficult. Lead is clearly damaging to both the environment and people, but from reading this article, it seems like it would be far more expensive to “go green.” Not surprising, quite frankly, given how expensive green products usually are.

Its bullets, of course its going to damage people.

Wether it is ‘helping the environment’ or not.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!