Forums / Discussion / General

232,632 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

This +1 stuff...

Last posted Nov 29, 2009 at 01:18PM EST. Added Nov 28, 2009 at 11:39PM EST
21 posts from 7 users

You don't have to, it's just better if you do. +1 confirm doesn't say much, other than you approve of the article and that you think it should be confirmed. You could elaborate by stating your reason(s) for why it should be confirmed, and how the article may be improved. Providing examples is another great way to be constructive.

Still, though, a formal voting system would be nice. But the privilege should be confined to, say, Researchers, so that we don't get troll votes. It would also relieve the comment clutter that we see with all the "+1 confirm" posts.

If I remember correcly, the +1s started being posted because we wanted 2 admins to like an entry before it got confirmed.

The +1 meant "I think this article is perfect, but I need someone else to concur."

Then users were encouraged to do the same and then came the +1 Deadpool and +1 work.

I don't think people need to elaborate on why something needs too be confirmed but definitely elaborate about why it should be deadpooled or what needs to be worked on.

If everyone were to just to put a two letter comment, instead of lets say a well thought of one, it would make KYM a place where all the noobs would just put "+1" instead of thinking of something clever or witty. See what I'm saying?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!