Forums / Discussion / General

232,895 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Lego the movie HYPE general

Last posted Jan 23, 2014 at 01:39PM EST. Added Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46AM EST
12 posts from 11 users

I'm pretty excited. I am curious just how many lego universes/assets they're going to pull together with this one. They've made it pretty obvious Batman will be included. Looks like they're going to include pretty much the whole Justice League as well as at least one Ninja Turtle and the green ninja from Ninjago. Probably won't be surprised to see any Star Wars characters as well. (Although Disney does own that last one, so maybe they had the rights to use them in a tv show, but not in an actual movie. Darn licensing!)

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

I'm pretty excited. I am curious just how many lego universes/assets they're going to pull together with this one. They've made it pretty obvious Batman will be included. Looks like they're going to include pretty much the whole Justice League as well as at least one Ninja Turtle and the green ninja from Ninjago. Probably won't be surprised to see any Star Wars characters as well. (Although Disney does own that last one, so maybe they had the rights to use them in a tv show, but not in an actual movie. Darn licensing!)

Correct, I was worry if there is bionicle cameo in it

@preston

See more on Know Your Meme}

As a LEGO fan for a very long time, I really hope it will be good. I just don't love the modern day LEGO franchise as much as the 1980's and 1990's. I personally liked the old sets of Pirates, Ninjas, and Black Knights, Dragon Knights, Falcon Knights, etc, over Pirates of the Caribbean, Ninjago, and Castle. But I loved the BIONICLE sets, and almost every Star Wars sets. LEGO also has a notable increase in signing contracts with movies, but that's for the money as popular TV shoes or Movies bring a profit.

This movie has a great cast too, many good actors.

Sorry for the long paragraph that no one will read, and I once wrote a comment similiar to this that got downvoted to oblivion, but I am entitled to my opinion, no matter how many people disagree.

as an animation major, i'm SUPEr STOKED for this movie. like, the movie is obviously CG, but it's animated so it looks a little stop-motiony. and that's so cool, especially since 3d animation already has trouble doing holds in a convincing way, but since it's the same crew as Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and they pulled that off really really well in that movie, i'm not worried.

I'll admit, I'm a bit caught up in the hype. I'm still a little bit on the fence about all the licensed characters that are being featured prominently (I was playing with Legos way before they started that) but I've warmed up to the idea. The animation style looks great and the humor seems right up my alley so I think its safe to say I'll be seeing it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!