Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Any decent RPG you can recommend me?

Last posted Jan 28, 2014 at 04:26PM EST. Added Jan 21, 2014 at 07:06AM EST
22 posts from 18 users

Hi everybody!
I've been to busy with my fucking work, and now that i've got a little bit of time I really wanted to find a good rpg (specially a multiplayer one). I dont care if its an mmo (as long as it is not another WoW replica) or a single player game, but i NEEDS to be class-centered (you know, the old tank/healer/dps roles) I really miss being the little bitch healing/buffing everybody.

So, thanks in advance for the suggestions and sorry for my english!

World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade

World of Warcraft the Wrath of the Lich King

World of Warcraft Cataclysm

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria

. . .

Also you can try Warcraft 3.

I hear there is a new RPG coming out called World of Warcraft Warlords of Dreanor which is being made, and that would be a good start.

Blizzard preserve us, Blizzard protects.

If you own an Xbox 360, I highly suggest Tales of Vesperia. It's up to 4 players locally and really doesn't play like any other RPG I know, but it plays just fine on it's own in single player. It's not exactly "Class Based" like Warcraft, but it gives you the option as playing as a Swordsman, Healer, Dog, Mage, Dwarf (well, a kid who plays like one), Lancer, and Archer as they join your group in the game.

Gameplay

What Owens said. Although I'd hold IV-VI with much higher priority.
Go with the PSP remake of IV: Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection. It also comes with The After Years, so there's that.

As for V, go with the GBA remake, Final Fantasy V Advanced. Unlike the original, the translation doesn't suck(and the writing is pretty great stuff!) and there's extra content.

As for VI, I'd say go with the GBA remake: Final Fantasy VI Advanced. Like V, the translation is better and there's extra content.

I'd also recommend Fire Emblem Awakening for 3DS. It's a fantastic game, and one of the best on the 3DS, in my opinion.

I also really like Final Fantasy XII for PS2, but that's just me.

Well, one of my favorite RPGs of all time happens to be Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga; aside from Pokémon. The format is GBA, and this is the best trailer I could find. (Sorry, it's in Japanese, and Mario & Luigi RPG is it's Japanese name. Also, it may contain some spoilers.)

Last edited Jan 21, 2014 at 03:53PM EST

Papa Coolface wrote:

Dungeons & Dragons

"Alright, hit arch demon with sword of justice."
Roll 1
"You fall into well of eternal suffering and three new arch demons appear."
"Feck. Climb out of well and hit demons with Sword of Justice."
Roll 1
"You die. You are now burning in hell."

D&D is a great game.

Baldur's Gate is always a fantastic choice. If you're looking for some single-player, old-school RPG's though, both Shining Force and Cthulhu Saves The World are pretty damn good.

Last edited Jan 22, 2014 at 08:25PM EST

Chickenhound the Cruel wrote:

World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade

World of Warcraft the Wrath of the Lich King

World of Warcraft Cataclysm

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria

. . .

Also you can try Warcraft 3.

I hear there is a new RPG coming out called World of Warcraft Warlords of Dreanor which is being made, and that would be a good start.

Blizzard preserve us, Blizzard protects.

>World of Warcraft.
>World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade
>World of Warcraft the Wrath of the Lich King

. . .
>Also you can try Warcraft 3.
>I hear there is a new RPG coming out called World of Warcraft Warlords of Dreanor which is being
>made, and that would be a good start.
>Blizzard preserve us, Blizzard protects.

There you go. Fixed that for ya.

Last edited Jan 23, 2014 at 03:08PM EST

This one also isn't multiplayer but I have to put in a good word for Etrian Odyssey 4 on the 3Ds.

You get to set up your own little RPG party right from the get – go and assign subclasses to them for more skills later on in the game. Soundtrack is pretty great too.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!