Forums / Discussion / General

168,567 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread


Debate General

Last posted Feb 05, 2014 at 08:27AM EST. Added Feb 02, 2014 at 03:10AM EST
15 posts from 9 users

Let’s argue!
About what, you ask? Pretty much anything! So long as it’s not stupid.
Only one suggestion- please don’t start a new topic unless the previous one has died down or gotten out of control.
And with that, I’ll let the next poster begin the discussion.

Feb 02, 2014 at 03:10AM EST
Quote

I debate the necessity for this thread. If there’s anything important to debate, we’ll have a thread for it in general and virtually all serious threads in general are debate oriented anyway. We don’t need ‘blank slate’ threads for these discussions. Debates get their own threads regardless

When there’s nothing to debate, there’s nothing to debate. Attempting to prompt one without any real direction will just result in bored shitposts

Feb 02, 2014 at 03:17AM EST
Quote

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

I debate the necessity for this thread. If there’s anything important to debate, we’ll have a thread for it in general and virtually all serious threads in general are debate oriented anyway. We don’t need ‘blank slate’ threads for these discussions. Debates get their own threads regardless

When there’s nothing to debate, there’s nothing to debate. Attempting to prompt one without any real direction will just result in bored shitposts

I agree.

The reason for a forum is to give the public a voice of their own. With such, we would obviously disagree on issues. This doesn’t mean we should keep quiet with our views as that would be turning away from the original intentions of a public forum. And so, I would say that ever topic is open for debate regardless of content. Which is to say, I do not think there should be one specific thread for open debate.

Furthermore, the idea that we should have one thread for debate would invite the idea that debate does not belong in other threads. I can not agree with such a sentiment. If we could not call out a thread for it’s topic or purpose, there would be no regulations on content. Any thread could stand unopposed, unquestioned. To do so would be to invite chaos into these forums.

Last edited Feb 02, 2014 at 03:24AM EST
Feb 02, 2014 at 03:24AM EST
Quote

I suppose that’s possible. On the other hand, I once created a thread for people to make quick little jokes about pretending to be their avatars, and watched in slack-jawed awe as a group of users turned it into a friggin’ epic saga that’s now lasted, what, nine months now? I guess what I’m saying is I think my fellow KYM denizens can turn just about anything into gold. Why don’t we at least give this a try? If it doesn’t work, then it doesn’t work, and that’ll be that.

Last edited Feb 02, 2014 at 03:29AM EST
Feb 02, 2014 at 03:28AM EST
Quote

If Michigan earned it’s independence through extreme and holy revolution and became a great Nazarene crusader state and renamed itself the Holy Michigan Empire, conquered Canada and surrounding states of the Union, created a race of Humanoid Otters and Wolverines, vassalized Ethopia and made it the strongest state in Africa, went into space, and became a super power for over 5000 years. . .

What would your stance be on Starcraft 2?

Feb 04, 2014 at 04:15PM EST
Quote

0.9999...=1 wrote:

I suppose that’s possible. On the other hand, I once created a thread for people to make quick little jokes about pretending to be their avatars, and watched in slack-jawed awe as a group of users turned it into a friggin’ epic saga that’s now lasted, what, nine months now? I guess what I’m saying is I think my fellow KYM denizens can turn just about anything into gold. Why don’t we at least give this a try? If it doesn’t work, then it doesn’t work, and that’ll be that.

They took it seriously.
When page did it turn into serious business?

Feb 04, 2014 at 07:06PM EST
Quote

I love me some good oral action *wink**wink* hopefully someone brings up a big and juicy topic so the huge walls of text begin to flow.

Feb 04, 2014 at 07:30PM EST
Quote

Onion Syrup wrote:

I love me some good oral action *wink**wink* hopefully someone brings up a big and juicy topic so the huge walls of text begin to flow.

This is so sexually perverted, that Lord Protector and Grand Puritan Oliver Cromwell bust into my room yelled “Fun is a sin” and proceeded to beat the shit of me and crush my computer.

He then burned all my technology at the stake and died in my front yard.

Feb 04, 2014 at 08:25PM EST
Quote

Feb 04, 2014 at 11:01PM EST

@Chickenhound
Watch as I pervert this whole forum and turn its diplomatic endeavors fruitless. I shall start by perverting Balgruuf’s post

Last edited Feb 05, 2014 at 12:06AM EST
Feb 05, 2014 at 12:05AM EST
Quote

Kebab Removal Unit wrote:

They took it seriously.
When page did it turn into serious business?

Welcome to the KYM General board where we take everything too damn seriously

Feb 05, 2014 at 12:21AM EST
Quote

Chickenhound the Cruel said:


If Michigan earned it’s independence through extreme and holy revolution and became a great Nazarene crusader state and renamed itself the Holy Michigan Empire, conquered Canada and surrounding states of the Union, created a race of Humanoid Otters and Wolverines, vassalized Ethopia and made it the strongest state in Africa, went into space, and became a super power for over 5000 years. . .

What would your stance be on Starcraft 2?

I would still be jelly that they get a Starcraft 2 while AOE wallows in Microsoft’s basement. I would also be jelly that the Detroit City Clowncil gets to issue Supreme Holy Edicts about our Scriptures.

Feb 05, 2014 at 01:38AM EST
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Chickenhound the Cruel said:


If Michigan earned it’s independence through extreme and holy revolution and became a great Nazarene crusader state and renamed itself the Holy Michigan Empire, conquered Canada and surrounding states of the Union, created a race of Humanoid Otters and Wolverines, vassalized Ethopia and made it the strongest state in Africa, went into space, and became a super power for over 5000 years. . .

What would your stance be on Starcraft 2?

I would still be jelly that they get a Starcraft 2 while AOE wallows in Microsoft’s basement. I would also be jelly that the Detroit City Clowncil gets to issue Supreme Holy Edicts about our Scriptures.

You know you want a Michigan Crusader Holy Empire. Who doesn’t want a Michigan Crusader Holy Empire.

Feb 05, 2014 at 08:27AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!