Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Space Jam 2

Last posted Feb 23, 2014 at 08:02PM EST. Added Feb 21, 2014 at 09:19PM EST
19 posts from 14 users

I'm more excited than I'm willing to admit.

There was a ruse a while back stating that Space Jam 2 would come out with LeBron James as the star, but it is actually a thing (the news reported in the past 2 hours.)

Sure, I like my sports, but this is also memetically relevant.

Of course, the bigger of the two:

Slam Remixes

Just one of my favorites.

Also, LeBron James has a couple entries started by staff or at least have some sort of spread and/or notability.

LeBroning (Brad)
Lelbron (Don)

So combining probably the most popular athlete in America (and well-known across the world) with an already well-established meme/remixes might bring about some fun times for us researchers.

Larry Bird and Dan Aykroyd Bill Murray had some great scenes in this movie.

--

Any thoughts? Do you care? Great lulz to be had? Any nostalgia?

There was also Lola Bunny.

Wow, it's actually happening! I don't know too much about LeBron, since I'm not a sports person, but the nostalgia alone will get my butt in the movie theater :P

I lost count on how many times I watched this, and it was a huge part of my childhood, and I love Looney Tunes so much. I guess I'm game!

The website is still up. I hope they make a separate one instead of updating this oldie

I'll also mention that I'm generally optimistic about any movie, just because I like to give anything a chance. Also, Bill Murray has to come back!

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Wait a second. This thread belongs in the Movie General OP.

Anyways, Get HYPE!

It is related, and I'll cede to a lot of other users/mods if they think it should belong there.

But I thought this could stand on its own, because it's big on nostalgia for a lot of people, and it's tied to several different memes specifically.

I felt as if the Movie General thread was just to discuss movies, actors/actresses, and such.

Looks like its not true
Link
But who knows
Anyways, I agree with verbose. This deserves its own thread in the same way kill la kill, Attack on Titan, and space dandy have a thread separate from anime general.

Last edited Feb 21, 2014 at 10:47PM EST

Dac wrote:

Looks like its not true
Link
But who knows
Anyways, I agree with verbose. This deserves its own thread in the same way kill la kill, Attack on Titan, and space dandy have a thread separate from anime general.

Well, I'll leave it unlocked for discussion of the prospect. At least this time, it was a premature report as opposed to a fake poster.

IGN is saying that despite the tweets, it is indeed in development. I don't see reason not to believe them, not because I think they are particularly trustworthy, but because this shit always happens. link

It's my guess, as is Dac's, that the movie is in development, and that there are hopes that LeBron James will star. If that's the case, then I'd further guess that LeBron James is probably close to committing to the deal, but doesn't want to say he's doing it until he can commit to it. I can't imagine that the movie be certainly in development and the producers say "Oh, hey, we have LeBron James" without them either having LeBron James or being very close to having LeBron James.

In the sports world, LeBron is headed to the playoffs to defend their NBA Championship in the next few months. If news begins to stir as much hype as I might anticipate, then he may put off an official announcement until after the season is over.

Also remember that he's either done some/most of the filming already, or he hasn't started. He's midseason and probably will be into the summer, so he won't have the time to do any filming. Fortunately, a lot of it will be animation and perhaps other, retired NBA stars (let's hope for Barkley if this thing is going down) are doing their parts now and will do the parts with LeBron later on.

Of course, the statement that LeBron would be in the movie might be a ploy to get attention up on the movie before it comes out.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!