Forums / Discussion / General

232,751 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

The Amazing Race

Last posted Mar 17, 2014 at 12:27AM EDT. Added Feb 23, 2014 at 06:46PM EST
17 posts from 4 users

This is pretty much the only reality show I watch since all the others are crap. Tonight is the premiere of The Amazing Race All-Stars 2 (Season 24) in which 11 teams of two come back for another shot at the one million dollar prize. The teams are:

Margie and Luke – A mother and a deaf son who are making their third appearance.
Flight Time and Big Easy – A pair of globetrotters who are making their third appearance.
Jet and Cord – A pair of awesome cowboy brothers who are making their third appearance.
Dave and Connor – A father and son who survived cancer but had to drop out in a previous season due to a leg injury that Dave suffered from..
Bopper and Mark – A pair of Kentucky friends who were some of the nicest contestants in a previous season.
Brandon and Rachel – An annoying couple from Big Brother who despite Rachel's whining were able to finish in third on a previous season.
Natalie and Nadiya – An annoying set of Sri Lankan twin sisters who played the role of villains in a previous season.
Joey and Meghan – A couple who make a career off of YouTube and acted as one of the most happiest teams in a previous season.
Caroline and Jennifer – A pair of country singing friends from a previous season.
Jessica and John – A dating couple who became infamous for being eliminated on a previous season without using the Express Pass.
Leo and Jamal – A pair of crazy Afghan cousins who went by the nickname, "Afghanimals" during the last season.

So, there's the list of teams who will be competing, but one team won't make it to the starting line. Which team will that be? Who will go onto win? Am I the only one here that's into the show?

Gary wrote:

Let the 75th Hunger Games, begin!

And may the odds, ever be in your favor…

No, it's not like The Hunger Games. The Amazing Race is a show in which 11 teams of two people race around the world completing challenges.

chowzburgerz wrote:

No, it's not like The Hunger Games. The Amazing Race is a show in which 11 teams of two people race around the world completing challenges.

Sounds like the Hunger Games. A world, challenges, bloodthirsty competition…

Gary wrote:

Sounds like the Hunger Games. A world, challenges, bloodthirsty competition…

I don't think it's that bloodthirsty. Are you even American?

chowzburgerz wrote:

I don't think it's that bloodthirsty. Are you even American?

It was a joke, yes I'm American, and I've seen the commercials for it.

Last edited Feb 23, 2014 at 07:05PM EST

You're not the only viewer! I've been watching since Season 3 (I skipped the Family Edition seasons though).

Out of this list, my fav teams are Margie and Luke (they were so close in their first appearance, still breaks my heart), Jet and Cord (they were also so close to winning their first time), and Bopper and Mark (super cool dudes). If any of them wins, I'll be a happy camper. Though usually when I state my fav teams, they end up losing. I hope I'm not cursing them! :O

Why did the bring back Leo and Jamal? They were from just this past season, I think it's a bit soon, but what do I know ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Last edited Feb 23, 2014 at 07:24PM EST

Thoughts:

It was a good episode, but I feel bad for Bopper missing out due to a pancreas injury. Don't know if Mark and Mallory will be good teammates. I'm happy that the twins are out first and that the cowboys won the express passes.

Last edited Feb 23, 2014 at 09:11PM EST

Well, I'll be recording tonight's episode since I'm watching the Oscars. I think Mark and Mallory will be eliminated while Dave and Connor wins the leg.

Just saw yesterday's episode. It was better than the premiere, but I was disappointed that Mark and Mallory are out. It was foolish of Jet and Cord to waste the Express Pass on Caroline and Jennifer.

chowzburgerz wrote:

Just saw yesterday's episode. It was better than the premiere, but I was disappointed that Mark and Mallory are out. It was foolish of Jet and Cord to waste the Express Pass on Caroline and Jennifer.

Ya was foolish of them. I know that they tend to work alone, so they probably didn't want to give it to another strong team. They also knew the girls would waste it, and that when faced with another road block or detour, they're shit out of luck. Well, that's just my guess on their reasoning.

I also thought that 7 teams on the mat at once was cool. Don't like it how Brandon and Rachel are first :(

Note to self: Don't go rafting on a hand made raft. Not surprised that Team YouTube is gone. Happy that Dave and Connor won the leg while the Cowboys took 2nd. Jessica and John needs to go next.

Leg 4:

It was a pretty good leg and I like the night club culture in Malaysia. TBH, I would have picked the DJ task over the drink tasks since it's easier and fun. I didn't like Luke's behavior at all and I wasn't surprised that tonight was a non-elimination leg.

Just going to throw this question in there: Does anyone outside of Chowz and Majesticspace actually care about the Amazing Race to a point that they're willing to post about it in this thread?

Because if not, I'll just ask both posters to move the discussion to each other's walls, so we no longer have a thread bumped each week only showing us the private discussion between two users.

RandomMan wrote:

Just going to throw this question in there: Does anyone outside of Chowz and Majesticspace actually care about the Amazing Race to a point that they're willing to post about it in this thread?

Because if not, I'll just ask both posters to move the discussion to each other's walls, so we no longer have a thread bumped each week only showing us the private discussion between two users.

Yeah, I was worried about that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!