Forums / Discussion / General

232,595 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

What makes you happy right now?

Last posted Mar 12, 2014 at 02:03PM EDT. Added Mar 10, 2014 at 03:54PM EDT
26 posts from 20 users

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

What makes me happy? Right now, oxycodone. I got all four wisdom teeth cut out this morning and the lapses in any pain relief are pretty excruciating. Drugs are my friend right now.

What makes me happy is that my wisdom teeth have seemed to grow in fine and so I won't need the surgery and experience the horror stories my friends have told me.

In all seriousness, I'm actually very happy right now because I'm on spring break and get to spend the whole week working on cosplay while still having the time to finish up the projects that are due after break

I didn't have the greatest day today, and it wasn't bad, but every morning when I wake up I promise myself to make the day special. That's what keeps me happy.

I got a p nifty head start on my finals, so all the hardcore animation is out of the way, so now i can just focus on the lightcore stuff like watercolor and screenplay writing

I've been taking control of my life recently. I've been eating healthily, drinking less, and getting more exercise. Last few times I've been running I've set new personal bests on my favourite route by several minutes. I've been getting back into programming, and as a result I've been enjoying my work more. I'm also slowly getting over a bunch of social anxiety issues, and it's led to me being a lot more open and friendly with people. I've even started getting involved with my uni's LGBT society (I wouldn't have even considered doing this a few months ago).

So to summarise, Sertraline.

Loads of cocaine.

JK LOL

In reality though, it's just an after effect of a failed love. I felt unbelievably happy all the time because I had fallen hopelessly in love with a girl. She happened to be my first love. I had crushes on girls previously, but it was never love like it was with this one. I was so ridiculously happy because of her that I was pretty much in a perpetual state of being high for most of my freshman year of highs school. When she rejected me, I fell into a deep slump, the deepest I've ever been, but then I looked at how happy and optimistic about everything I was with the girl, and I thought to myself that if I was that happy before, why stop? I decided to take up being as optimistic as possible after that and I have been for years and years, even out of high school. It's amazing how I got something so saddening that should have broken my spirit for life and made it into one of the most important events in my life for the better.

I know my story was pretty long, but I could have gone a lot deeper into this if I wanted to. That paragraph above is the TL;DR version, or as short as I could get it.

KYM also helps take me away from the struggles of the real world.

Last edited Mar 10, 2014 at 07:31PM EDT

Well Transformers is one of the obvious ones, Playing almost any kind of video game will please me for the whole day, and TV with Netflix always bring me the awesomeness nostalgia.

Being off the Internet is a load of fun, I finally got to get around to finding all my loose change I never bother to find. That makes me happy.

Dear everyone, spend time off the internet. It's good.

• A perfectly executed team victory in any online PvP game.
  • Music with shitloads of bass
  • Program code that simply works
  • Thai food
  • Steak, Bacon and Cheese pies
  • Days where I'm not obligated to go a bunch of places and/or spend any money
  • Sleeping in
  • Snuggling
  • Jack Daniels

Crimson Locks wrote:

What makes me happy is that my wisdom teeth have seemed to grow in fine and so I won't need the surgery and experience the horror stories my friends have told me.

In all seriousness, I'm actually very happy right now because I'm on spring break and get to spend the whole week working on cosplay while still having the time to finish up the projects that are due after break

WELL GOOD FOR YOU. I CAN'T EAT WITHOUT TASTING BLOOD IN MY JELLO. (Okay, I'm kidding. Except for the blood part. The fewer people have to experience this the better.)

It does make me happy that being a shut in for the next few days means I get to sit around the house with no condescension from the family.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

• A perfectly executed team victory in any online PvP game.
  • Music with shitloads of bass
  • Program code that simply works
  • Thai food
  • Steak, Bacon and Cheese pies
  • Days where I'm not obligated to go a bunch of places and/or spend any money
  • Sleeping in
  • Snuggling
  • Jack Daniels

Yup, that. All of it.

I'm so happy
'Cause today I found my friends
They're in my head
I'm so ugly
But that's okay, 'cause so are you
We broke our mirrors
Sunday morning
Is everyday for all I care
And I'm not scared
Light my candles
In a daze 'cause I found God

Yeah, yeah!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!