Forums / Discussion / General

168,606 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

So guys? What to you think about this

Last posted Mar 20, 2014 at 01:53PM EDT. Added Mar 10, 2014 at 07:43PM EDT
17 posts from 14 users

What is your opinion about the differences between kym and cheezburger.
To me KYM, is a completely different site. Even though after leaving rocketboom is part of cheezburger.

Mar 10, 2014 at 07:43PM EDT

Cheezburger owns KYM, but KYM runs independently for the most part.

Mar 10, 2014 at 08:09PM EDT

I think KYM is a lot like RED and BLU from Team Fortress 2. We act sort of independently from the rest of Memebase, but in the end, we’re owned by the same company, Cheezburger (or TF industries in TF2.)
Also this is our account’s 500th forum post. Yaaay!

Mar 10, 2014 at 08:56PM EDT

I’d say very different. KYM is a very independent site, and the community here is a lot smaller than Cheezburger. Plus, KYM is the only Cheezburger website that looks any different from the other sites.

Last edited Mar 10, 2014 at 09:23PM EDT
Mar 10, 2014 at 09:20PM EDT

Ruthless Reaper wrote:

KYM has more

/plzdon’tkillme

Sieg Heil no!

@Muffinlicious, I have to agree with you. KYM and Cheezburger are too different to be part of a whole. More of a, “puppet state”, if that’s the term.

Mar 10, 2014 at 09:27PM EDT

kudos to you Muffinlicious and Carno/Taur for you posts :3.

Mar 11, 2014 at 09:21AM EDT

And to think that some people caused shitstorms over cheezburger buying KYM.

Mar 11, 2014 at 02:37PM EDT

I would like it if they didn’t classify us as a Wiki, since we both don’t use that format and it causes a good ton of deadpools that where created with the intention of a conglomerate cleaning it up.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:42PM EDT

I’ve never actually been on any of the other Cheezeburger sites.

Mar 12, 2014 at 06:21AM EDT

I don’t get the hate Cheezburger gets from KYM. Is it because Cheezburger has been accused of stealing content? Is it because Cheezburger has an implyed left winged agenda in their content? Is it because there’s too many grandmas in the comments? Is it because of the new layout from 2012?

Mar 19, 2014 at 09:16PM EDT

I don’t know too much about Cheezburger, so I like KYM but I don’t say anything about Cheezburger, ‘coz I don’t know it well.

Mar 20, 2014 at 01:01PM EDT

@Ann Hiro:
Well, I joined April 2012, and I started browsing regularly at least half a year prior. So I’ve been around for a while, I just don’t remember what changed. It must not have been a very big change…No, wait…ah, it’s because he was referring to Cheezburger’s layout. I basically never go on Cheezburger, so that would be why I don’t know about any layout change. Woops.

Mar 20, 2014 at 01:53PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!