Forums / Discussion / General

232,835 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

"Pictures of sad children" comic gone?

Last posted Mar 15, 2014 at 02:40AM EDT. Added Mar 11, 2014 at 10:37PM EDT
12 posts from 7 users

Has anyone taken care of registering this succes?

I'm just wondering cause ATM I haven't found a thing here, to me seems pretty important due to the popular recognition of the comic such as in "that is my fetish" and other similar entries.

…And so I have never made an entry and dont want to fuck up just for rushing my first try…so theres that…

links: Mediabistro

Bleeding cool

Yeah. I read a lot about this guy while researching the Fetish meme. Still, it's hard to find his comics anywhere and the sudden take down of his site only made it that much more worse. The only archive i could find used links to the actual pictures for sad children website and only included the text from the original comics. Still, I don't think he got wide spread enough to actually merit a page for himself. The only thing that's really left of his work is the burning of the books and the fetish meme. Still, if you want to create an article OP, I could probably help you. It would probably be best to make a person entry for John Campbell and then list notable developments under there. Just remember to try and keep it neutral no matter how bad the situation is.

And yes this thread would have been better posted under "Research" however you would have gotten 3 less replies if you had originally posted there because no one ever responds to the threads posted in Research anymore. =/

Last edited Mar 12, 2014 at 08:11AM EDT

Ugh, the guy is such an asshole. there's always something new with this guy. first, he takes down his site, having it redirect to his tumblr which at first only had "experimental" Pictures For Sad Children comics, with the original set of comics nowhere to be found. THEN, after a while, he "comes out" saying that he has been FAKING HIS DEPRESSION this whole time for the sole sake of gaining sympathy and followers for his comic so he can sell stuff. then, when backlashed reached him, he played the "satire" card. after this all blew over, he removed ALL COMICS FROM THE SITE. later, he responded to a post by Joel Watson, creator of Hijinks Ensue, in which he mocked the way Joel Watson gave advice on how to make a webcomic. afterwards, he made another post, again, playing the "satire card", but this time using a picture of Spike, creator of the webcomic Templar Arizona, in place of Joel and saying that for the entirety of the "apology" he would refer to Joel as being a Black woman. and again, when backlash came his way, he claimed "satire".

the guy is a dick.

Last edited Mar 12, 2014 at 01:57PM EDT

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Yeah. I read a lot about this guy while researching the Fetish meme. Still, it's hard to find his comics anywhere and the sudden take down of his site only made it that much more worse. The only archive i could find used links to the actual pictures for sad children website and only included the text from the original comics. Still, I don't think he got wide spread enough to actually merit a page for himself. The only thing that's really left of his work is the burning of the books and the fetish meme. Still, if you want to create an article OP, I could probably help you. It would probably be best to make a person entry for John Campbell and then list notable developments under there. Just remember to try and keep it neutral no matter how bad the situation is.

And yes this thread would have been better posted under "Research" however you would have gotten 3 less replies if you had originally posted there because no one ever responds to the threads posted in Research anymore. =/

Mmm…maybe a mention over at the "my fetish" page would be enough, considering the guy didn't even waited to gain enough notoriety… I'm starting to thing it may not be really worhty. And if it is or becomes hot news maybe someone will get on the track and make it.

It sucks that nobody checks the research forums… And I am part of those to blame but in my defence I try to be helful when I'm here …and not slacking…

But Thanks very much for the offer on help :D sincerely, I may need it sometime soon if you are up for it, but I seriusly need to Lurk moar and stopping being such a newfag first hehe.

Lets see where this goes…

Legendario13 wrote:

Mmm…maybe a mention over at the "my fetish" page would be enough, considering the guy didn't even waited to gain enough notoriety… I'm starting to thing it may not be really worhty. And if it is or becomes hot news maybe someone will get on the track and make it.

It sucks that nobody checks the research forums… And I am part of those to blame but in my defence I try to be helful when I'm here …and not slacking…

But Thanks very much for the offer on help :D sincerely, I may need it sometime soon if you are up for it, but I seriusly need to Lurk moar and stopping being such a newfag first hehe.

Lets see where this goes…

Actually this site could probably use more people that lurk less. Sure the rules say "research your shit before you post" and what not, but we can't fix what doesn't exist. Articles may get casted to deadpool initially if there is no support for them, but if its notable, people will offer advice and ask to help.

Basically, if you want to create a page, do it! I'm not saying if you want to create a meme, create a page, but if you think something is noteworthy, then go ahead and try!

This guy had a pretty good webcomic going, but then took his fan base and shit all over them, leaving a shit-stain on Kickstarter as well. (Pardon my langue. lol.) Sure he's scum, but he had a quite notable impact on the internet. Don't let me discourage you; and don't let deadpool discourage you.

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Actually this site could probably use more people that lurk less. Sure the rules say "research your shit before you post" and what not, but we can't fix what doesn't exist. Articles may get casted to deadpool initially if there is no support for them, but if its notable, people will offer advice and ask to help.

Basically, if you want to create a page, do it! I'm not saying if you want to create a meme, create a page, but if you think something is noteworthy, then go ahead and try!

This guy had a pretty good webcomic going, but then took his fan base and shit all over them, leaving a shit-stain on Kickstarter as well. (Pardon my langue. lol.) Sure he's scum, but he had a quite notable impact on the internet. Don't let me discourage you; and don't let deadpool discourage you.

Mmmmmm… I may try then…I'll do it!

(I'm shaking like gelatin at the mere thought of receiving my own and first title of Faggot OP but oh well… It may take some time tho', specially considering is quite late for me already)

No need to apologize for your ornated vocabulary, I'm quite familiarized and actually provides of strength to the message if applied correctly, no biggies XD

I don't what to call the thing I have done… I may have done someone go mad…I think I loaded the article with too much speculation or opinions…maybe not enough of it…I use ellipses a bit too often…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!