Forums / Discussion / General

168,606 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

WTF is wrong with my Steam Cloud?

Last posted Mar 14, 2014 at 02:07PM EDT. Added Mar 13, 2014 at 03:55PM EDT
10 posts from 5 users

WTF Steam, everytime I try to play a game (AKA the 3 Free games I have downloaded) This shit pops up. Wat do?

Mar 13, 2014 at 03:55PM EDT

Do you only play games on that one computer? If so, just turn Steam cloud off. There’s no reason for it to be on, as there’s no file syncing to be done.

• Click “Play Game”
  • Play game
Mar 13, 2014 at 04:07PM EDT

Notice the “No Connecton” at the bottom of your steam console. Are you on a public wifi service? Sometimes they block the type of connections Steam uses. (Kinda like FTP services and stuff because they use too much bandwidth.)

Mar 13, 2014 at 05:10PM EDT

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Notice the “No Connecton” at the bottom of your steam console. Are you on a public wifi service? Sometimes they block the type of connections Steam uses. (Kinda like FTP services and stuff because they use too much bandwidth.)

Nope.

Mar 13, 2014 at 05:48PM EDT

Just restart steam then. (You have to actually go to the steam menu at the top and exit out and sign back in.) When steam gets in “Offline Mode” it’s a bitch and makes you actually restart the whole service to reconnect again. If that doesn’t help, contact steam.

Mar 13, 2014 at 05:53PM EDT

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Just restart steam then. (You have to actually go to the steam menu at the top and exit out and sign back in.) When steam gets in “Offline Mode” it’s a bitch and makes you actually restart the whole service to reconnect again. If that doesn’t help, contact steam.

HOLY FUCK IT WORKED

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:01PM EDT

Not to be mean, but…

It’s not a phrase for nothing.

Last edited Mar 14, 2014 at 12:46AM EDT
Mar 14, 2014 at 12:45AM EDT

You need to have some sort of an aerosol in the air in order for the water vapor to condense around it. Just shooting steam into the air will never make a cloud.

Mar 14, 2014 at 06:01AM EDT

I think he had too much aerosol, and his steam cloud had turned into steam fog. He obviously needs to fight global warming more by installing some solar panels.

Mar 14, 2014 at 02:07PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!