Forums / Discussion / General

232,885 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Extra Credits:Because Games Matter (a.k.a. the Game Design General)

Last posted Mar 23, 2014 at 09:26PM EDT. Added Mar 13, 2014 at 06:50PM EDT
12 posts from 9 users

Whether you want to make Games, You're curious about how Games are made, Or you just want to talk about a Game other people might not have tried, or anything related.
This is the place to talk about it and more, about how games are made, what they mean, how we can make them better, and any aspect of games that you're Interested in bring up.

Being a long time viewer of Extra Credits, I'm Interested in sharing it with other people and talking about their videos if I can.

Their Feature Topic at the time of this OP is about MMOs and they recently put out Episodes on Quest Design as well, Of course that's just a start for this thread.

Go ahead and feel free to talk about things other then Extra Credits or Video games that have relevance.
Extra credits is certainly not the only show that talks about games (Sequelitis, Errant Signal, Gamer Vlogs like Totalbiscit, ect) and they certainly talk about other things that aren't strictly video games but somehow relevant.

(and please mind that my current internet speed at time of post can only load load text and images at best and won't play videos well, :< sorry if I can't answer a specific question about a video.)

Now with everything in place, we can now discuss about Games, Because They Matter.

Offtopic: wheres my badge for making a thread for the first time in months?

Last edited Mar 13, 2014 at 06:55PM EDT

No badge for you!

Although this sounds cool, I'd rather be on the hardware side of the industry any day. I enjoy coding, but I have no artistic skills to speak of, so I'm better fit for that aspect anyways.

Last edited Mar 13, 2014 at 07:29PM EDT

Gonna be lurking this thread. I am currently taking a Game Design Major at Mt. Hood Community College, so I should be able to answer a few questions over time.

If I get a high enough OP score at school, and if I can get the money for it, I want to get into the Game Design course at a Media Academy. Then once I get my bachelors, Ill go work at some random company, see how things are done, then start my own company. I will be lurking, as it is my dream to get into game desgin.

Natsuru Springfield said:

Gonna be lurking this thread. I am currently taking a Game Design Major at Mt. Hood Community College

Calkarot said:

I will be lurking, as it is my dream to get into game desgin.

I think it will be relevant to your interest to watch extra credits, they've also got a playlist on Game Careers, so I think you'll want to check it out.

NottaWotta wrote:

Natsuru Springfield said:

Gonna be lurking this thread. I am currently taking a Game Design Major at Mt. Hood Community College

Calkarot said:

I will be lurking, as it is my dream to get into game desgin.

I think it will be relevant to your interest to watch extra credits, they've also got a playlist on Game Careers, so I think you'll want to check it out.

>Psychology
>Algerbra

Thanks for crushing my dreams. ;_;

Is anyone interested in cross-platform game development in Haxe? I've tried to get into it several times, but it keeps bouncing me out with incomplete docs and stuff not working. Maybe extra heads will help.

I've always wanted to get into game design. I have dream game idea's I've always wanted to make into reality…but I've long since realized I'm not really cut out for that business. The most I've done is mapmaking/modding

There's a game design class at my local uni. Maybe some of the online resources might be helpful, or you can challenge yourself to keep up with the students who are taking the class.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gamedev.net yet. The articles there should be helpful, although I'm having trouble finding their classics since they've changed the format to a redditalike that concentrates on recent submissions instead of whatever is most read.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!