Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
SOPA 2014

Last posted Mar 18, 2014 at 10:11AM EDT. Added Mar 18, 2014 at 04:12AM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

I read on the comments for its meme page that they're trying to pass this evil crap again, but nobody seems to be reacting to it or taking any action about it. What gives? We're not going to just roll over and let it pass, are we?!
I'm genuinely afraid of this, essentially I'm in the dark about it because nobody's commenting on it and I'm really worried that it'll pass and we'll lose everything worthwhile on the Internet and it becomes like fucking 1984, surely we're not going to just let that happen?

I believe this has already been previously discussed.

While there really is a bill that might go into the house that has certain SOPA-like qualities, it's not very likely to be passed from what I'm aware of. Calling it "SOPA IS BACK HURRRR" is just sheer misinformation and is creating a mass panic that doesn't need to happen because apparently everything you read on the internet is true and doesn't need to be properly sourced.

Seriously, everything talking about this links to the petition (which I won't link cause this is stupid) and nothing else. Don't trust anything that leads to a 1-paragraph petition and nothing else, at the very least check for other sources and don't take everything as truth.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Besides, we've had so many "dark returns of SOPA" at this point that we've been practically desensitized to it by now.

Nobody likes it, but the shock and outrage has long since been exhausted

Isn't that what the government wants? To wear the public out?

Last edited Mar 18, 2014 at 06:54AM EDT

Besides, we've had so many "dark returns of SOPA" at this point that we've been practically desensitized to it by now.

I saw a full moon yesterday.

Does this mean the return of SOPA!?!

But if we're desensitised, won't that give it a chance to pass?

Not disregarding what Teilitlord said, just had a separate question and wasn't sure what to say to that.

I'm just really scared of anything of this nature passing, or even having a chance to pass…

It's also a dupe so I'll just head to redirecting and locking.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!