Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Native American Tells Anti-Illegal Immigration Protesters Who 'The Real Illegal Immigrants Are'

Last posted Mar 20, 2014 at 11:47PM EDT. Added Mar 19, 2014 at 11:21PM EDT
13 posts from 11 users

I seriously do not know how to approach this topic without causing a flame war.

The issue with illegal migrant workers is that employers know they can get away with paying them below the minimum wage, and therefore since they don't want to pay more for an employee, it takes that job opportunity away from a legal citizen.

Now if it was Easier to become a legal citizen, suddenly employers can't pull off that shit. They can't pull off that shit they won't have a reason to exclusively hire scamable immigrants. And with no scamable groups they just start hireing everybody like normal workers again.

After that it's just racism. Which the South really needs to get over that shit.

Last edited Mar 20, 2014 at 12:17AM EDT

Immigrant, noun: "a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country."

Last time I checked, I was born on the lower peninsula of Michigan. Since I was born on the North American landmass, I cannot, by definition, be an "immigrant."

If Native Americans wish to expand the definition of "immigrant" to include those whose ancestors did not originate in the country their decedents were born in, than they also are immigrants. Since they immigrated from Russia via the Bering Strait land bridge.

The Huffington Post's comments just remind me that society's downward spiral will continue until everything finally implodes.

ARobotNamedJoe wrote:

Here's the article.

Check out the comments.

I fucking hate Huffington Post commentators.

You love it and you know it! Also, it's the same in every comment section, this is the Internet after all.

♪This topic is out of control, I got to burn this thread, burn this thread!♪

Bit of advice, never read the comments section in news sites. Since politics and ethics are so controversal there will always be people to argue.

Gary wrote:

Bit of advice, never read the comments section in news sites. Since politics and ethics are so controversal there will always be people to argue.

Yes. Especially Yahoo News. I have never seen a section of the internet more ignorant, stupid, biased, and more easily enraged than the comments on Yahoo News articles. I've heard people compare it to Mos Eisley, which is actually a pretty good comparison.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

The issue with illegal migrant workers is that employers know they can get away with paying them below the minimum wage, and therefore since they don't want to pay more for an employee, it takes that job opportunity away from a legal citizen.

Now if it was Easier to become a legal citizen, suddenly employers can't pull off that shit. They can't pull off that shit they won't have a reason to exclusively hire scamable immigrants. And with no scamable groups they just start hireing everybody like normal workers again.

After that it's just racism. Which the South really needs to get over that shit.

1. In my personal experience, blue-collar small businesses hire migrant workers less for the sake of saving money as much as for work ethic. I don't care if this sounds racist or not, but a migrant worker values his employment a lot more than the vast majority of native citizens, which translates into employees who are on time, doing their best, and causing little trouble. Paying them less is just a boon, and only a focus for larger companies.

2. Making it easier to become a citizen wouldn't change that issue much, seeing as there are practical reasons not to become a citizen as well.

3. Racism is wide-spread across the nation, I don't see any reason to specify the South other than an ironic prejudice or stereotyping the South as being largely "redneck".

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!