Forums / Discussion / General

169,838 total conversations in 5,440 threads

+ New Thread

Mario Kart 8 Thread

Last posted Apr 04, 2014 at 06:16PM EDT. Added Apr 03, 2014 at 05:18PM EDT
13 posts from 9 users

There was apparently a Mario Kart 8 event going on, and from the tracks playable at that i’m just like WOAH THERE IS LITERALLY HYPE TRAINS FLYING AROUND IN RAINBOW ROAD 64!

Quick Analysis from Game Explain, he’s also going to be uploading single laps from each track they played:

Okay, My Hype is in Maximum Overdrive. w

Apr 03, 2014 at 05:18PM EDT

Well, I’m glad they remade the original N64 Rainbow Road. I loved it, but it was technically a long road with some Chain Chomps and some turns, and there was no way to fall unless you got hit by a weapon, or started the wrong way. I wish they kept the original track, but I’m OK with it.

I might consider buying Mario Kart 8 if the online is promising. But since I played MK Wii, I have no doubt it will be fun.

Apr 03, 2014 at 05:40PM EDT

I knew it. I knew this thread would be created when that stunning N64 Rainbow Road image was posted.

I seriously REALLY want to get a Wii U. I am not even joking, I really want one sometime in the future. This game looks so good.

Apr 03, 2014 at 06:59PM EDT

Since Waluigi’s introduction in Mario Golf, back in the days of the N64, he’s always been my default character in every single Mario Kart since the GameCube version.

I must say, seeing this overhauled version of Rainbow Road made my day.

Last edited Apr 03, 2014 at 08:25PM EDT
Apr 03, 2014 at 08:23PM EDT

reasons to get wii u

1. mario kart

2. miis

3. screen on remote

4. please understand

I wish Wii U was cheaper, since I would literally get it just for this. Plus the extra $60, and that is a little crazy for a mario kart game.

Apr 03, 2014 at 08:29PM EDT

Lil B wrote:

reasons to get wii u

1. mario kart

2. miis

3. screen on remote

4. please understand

I wish Wii U was cheaper, since I would literally get it just for this. Plus the extra $60, and that is a little crazy for a mario kart game.

Don’t forget these three gems in the future:

Smash Bros., Metroid, and Zelda.

I’m so excited for this game! It could possibly be the best Mario Kart game to date!

Apr 04, 2014 at 12:03AM EDT

Sam wrote:

Don’t forget these three gems in the future:

Smash Bros., Metroid, and Zelda.

I’m so excited for this game! It could possibly be the best Mario Kart game to date!

It’s also the very same reason the Mario franchise isn’t going downhill. Look at 3D World and compare it to Mario Galaxy. It isn’t fresh. Mario Kart 8 is about as new as Double Dash!! at the time Double Dash!! was heard of. I have high hopes for this game, it could possibly be the kart racers to beat all kart racers.

Apr 04, 2014 at 01:39AM EDT

Just as my opinion, Mario Kart didn’t actually Progress beyond Double Dash until Mario Kart 7. Besides Online Multiplayer, Mario Kart DS seems like a bit of a step backwards from Double Dash, and had to climb back up from there.

At least in my mind; Wii’s High-Flying Trick Mechanics, 7’s Gliders and Underwater Sections, and now 8’s Anti-Gravity Mechanics finally exceeds what Double Dash was, and I hope the hype doesn’t kill it for me. n_n;;

Got my game per-ordered. Now I wait patiently for the Amazon Fairy to arrive by the time I forget it’s coming.

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:39AM EDT

I have only one question about the returning Rainbow Road.

Is that shortcut still possible to use? You know, the one in the gif.

Apr 04, 2014 at 07:42AM EDT

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

I have only one question about the returning Rainbow Road.

Is that shortcut still possible to use? You know, the one in the gif.

Keep in mind the gravity mechanics are different. In Mario Kart 64 you couldn’t fall straight down if you where moving.

Now another thing to factor in: That downwards drop where you where supposed to be able to hop off is now a Gravity Section. Even if the MK64 Gravity was still existent, you would be falling “Backwards” and would miss the target section.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut~

Notice how there is a gliding section right before the finish line? If you are able to use a mushroom to maintain your momentum just as you pass the finish line, you should be able to make a sharp left in the air and glide down in the same way you would to make the shortcut back in MK64. It’s dangerous, could require more than one mushroom, and can easily be cock-blocked by the devs, but it just might work.

Apr 04, 2014 at 04:03PM EDT

Oh mario kart 8 and it’s 1080p 60 fps goodness. And people complain the Wii U is inferior in graphics to the other two, and Wii U achieves it so flawlessly*. I really can’t wait to get this game, it looks so good.

*note- please do not use this as ammunition to fire at me in some console war argument, this is a thread about Mario Kart 8, not Wii U vs. Xbox One, vs. PS4. Let’s keep things on topic

Apr 04, 2014 at 05:02PM EDT

I didn’t see Shigeru, Satoru, or myself on that train, so it can’t be the hype train. Just a generic hype train.

Also, this looks fantastic. Gifs have much better quality than the video; these are 50 fps, but still beautiful.

Apr 04, 2014 at 06:14PM EDT

>Implying anyone has more than 5 game-bullets for a console war shootout.

Dry Dry Desert seems to have gotten a bit of recent rainfall. Dammit! Now they are going to have to rename the whole track!

I am also wondering if they will make Wario Coliseum be another returning track. Because if there is any track that I think would benefit from an anti-gravity re-design, it would be that one.

Just as another note: Drift Boosting seems to have a FAR greater effect than they did back in 7. The boost they give seems to last for almost twice as long.

Last edited Apr 04, 2014 at 06:20PM EDT
Apr 04, 2014 at 06:16PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!