Forums / Discussion / General

171,029 total conversations in 5,482 threads

+ New Thread


Reddit CCCC Results are in...

Last posted Apr 10, 2014 at 03:09PM EDT. Added Apr 08, 2014 at 10:12PM EDT
11 posts from 9 users

Surprised someone hasn’t created a thread for this yet. The Reddit CCCC results are in and the /r/mylittlepony won to no surprise. They raised $21,883.69 for Direct Relief (the total for the comp was $35,316.45) and /r/mylittlepony’s team, Brony@Home, won the Rosetta@Home leg of the competition. Thus the Reddit header today is this:

And was designed by v0jelly.

Last edited Apr 08, 2014 at 10:35PM EDT
Apr 08, 2014 at 10:12PM EDT
Quote

I saw a thread about it on /mlp/, they screen capped some reactions and there is still some butthurt.
At least best waifu is up there

Besides: Caring about something on the top left hand corner is silly.

I wonder if this thread should be in the PG thread though. (then again it might deserve it’s own so idk).

Last edited Apr 08, 2014 at 10:31PM EDT
Apr 08, 2014 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

it kind of blows my mind that its been… what… 4 years now and there’s still people that treat MLP as holocaust levels of offensive.

Apr 08, 2014 at 11:29PM EDT

The only thing bad about MLP is the sexual side of it. The rest Is fine. It’s perfectly okay to enjoy kids shows. I guarantee we ALL watch spongebob or ren and skimpy from time to time. They raised money for a good cause and are getting rewarded for it. Give them a round of applause.

Apr 08, 2014 at 11:41PM EDT

The tears and butthurt are delicious.

It makes me wish KYM would do an April Fool’s joke one year where they change the logo to say “Know Your Pony” just so I could soak up the butthurt from the comments.

Apr 09, 2014 at 05:56AM EDT
Quote

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

↑↑↑ Even better. Every meme except the pony ones gets moved to deadpool. xD

Except Bad Luck Brian. He remains in submission.

Apr 09, 2014 at 10:34AM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

The tears and butthurt are delicious.

It makes me wish KYM would do an April Fool’s joke one year where they change the logo to say “Know Your Pony” just so I could soak up the butthurt from the comments.

There are people who try to ignore this fandom like me and/or indifferent to the fandom. I don’t think you ever heard of them because you must be labeling them as ‘butthurt’, but we just try to ignore it without any insult or backlash. It’s kind of a personal insult to say that we are butthurt for not agreeing with the context that is happening. If you would be so kind to not say anyone who is indifferent to this is butthurt? Rather than the ones who are actually so.

I must also tell you why people are. You ever see that MLP has a ton of sexual art drawn? Yeah, people get a bad first impression of your fandom. Even so, it is still a lot to take in at some times when something important is replaced with something that you don’t/never want something to do with. Thus, people attempt to fight back.

Apr 09, 2014 at 10:57AM EDT
Quote

Weasel wrote:

There are people who try to ignore this fandom like me and/or indifferent to the fandom. I don’t think you ever heard of them because you must be labeling them as ‘butthurt’, but we just try to ignore it without any insult or backlash. It’s kind of a personal insult to say that we are butthurt for not agreeing with the context that is happening. If you would be so kind to not say anyone who is indifferent to this is butthurt? Rather than the ones who are actually so.

I must also tell you why people are. You ever see that MLP has a ton of sexual art drawn? Yeah, people get a bad first impression of your fandom. Even so, it is still a lot to take in at some times when something important is replaced with something that you don’t/never want something to do with. Thus, people attempt to fight back.

I don’t think xTSGx was talking about those who were indifferent. “Thou dost protest too much” as Shakespeare said (somewhat) and as I imply (specifically).

As for the R34, there’s easily more of MLP than anything else. But that’s because there’s more MLP fanart in general. Proportionately, considering the size and popularity of the MLP image gallery here not even mentioning the half of a million images on a site specific to the show and the fandom, it’s probably similar to any other fandom.

It probably sticks out more, because what says “little girl” more than “My Little Pony?” But that wouldn’t be objective.

In any case, I think it’s Reddit related, so it’s notable enough on its own to merit it’s own thread. Adding MLP to it makes it a talk worthy event.

Last edited Apr 09, 2014 at 11:52AM EDT
Apr 09, 2014 at 11:50AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

I don’t think xTSGx was talking about those who were indifferent. “Thou dost protest too much” as Shakespeare said (somewhat) and as I imply (specifically).

As for the R34, there’s easily more of MLP than anything else. But that’s because there’s more MLP fanart in general. Proportionately, considering the size and popularity of the MLP image gallery here not even mentioning the half of a million images on a site specific to the show and the fandom, it’s probably similar to any other fandom.

It probably sticks out more, because what says “little girl” more than “My Little Pony?” But that wouldn’t be objective.

In any case, I think it’s Reddit related, so it’s notable enough on its own to merit it’s own thread. Adding MLP to it makes it a talk worthy event.

Considering that, people just don’t want to accept MLP in their lives because of its strangeness and abnormality compared to other (yet smaller) fandoms like Sonic or Doctor Who. Even then, Sonic could be grouped together with the MLP’s classification of abnormal as many strange OC and fanarts are made. Both fandoms could be related to, but all I’m trying to say is that people try to stay away from such a broad category of strangeness in their time of browsing the Internet.

It certainly talk worthy, as now because how much people are going into an outrage because they are unwittingly grouping with this alienated fandom for being themselves and nothing more. It’s not very similar to other fandoms, very different even with its sheer volume of spinoffs, OC, and its sexual side made from its show (and its OC). Which I said before, is very akin to the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom. People just don’t want to go there when its there.

Apr 09, 2014 at 12:25PM EDT
Quote

After rummaging for more angry tweets, I ended up finding this one that is somewhat off-topic but should be mentioned.

Apr 10, 2014 at 03:09PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!