Forums / Discussion / General

232,783 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

NHL FINALS GENERAL

Last posted Jun 14, 2014 at 04:21PM EDT. Added Apr 13, 2014 at 11:40PM EDT
82 posts from 14 users

We may have just barely squeaked in, but it's so nice keeping the playoff streak alive. Now, let's have a repeat of last year, only minus the choke in the second round.

Fun fact: Since I have been alive, the Red Wings have never missed the playoffs.

>mfw for the first time ever, there's the possibility of a Wings/Avalanche Stanley Cup Finals

Scoring Update:
Montreal: 4, Tampa Bay: 1. Montreal leads series 2-0.

Detroit: 1, Boston: 0. Detroit leads series 1-0.

Anaheim: 3, Dallas: 2. Anaheim leads series 2-0.

I love rooting for the underdog, especially when they snag home ice advantage.

I still can't believe we got him in the 6th round of the draft. Ken Holland and the scouting department are gods among men.

I'll be rooting for the Blackhawks. I'd like to see a repeat of last year's Hawks-Bruins series, but I haven't felt too confident in the Hawks these past few months due to their inconsistency. Game 1 pretty much told the whole story. If all else fails, I hope to at least see the Avalanche make it. Gotta stand by your division.

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT. I can't believe the Sharks are up 3-0 in the series against the Kings. If you've watched this team in the playoffs you can tell they're a team on a mission. They're rolling all four lines and attacking in waves. This team is looking like it can go all the way. That's my homer perspective, but the Sharks are surprising people and they've got that going for them, which is nice.

PomegranateTiger said:
I can’t believe the Sharks are up 3-0 in the series against the Kings…

inb4 the Sharks choke like they do every year and blow it in seven games

Well, the Wings are out. Not terribly surprising given we just squeaked in. So much for a Wings/Avalanche Stanley Cup Finals…

Hopefully we'll do better next year and people would freak out that we didn't advance and force Holland to do something stupid like what happened to the Pistons.

I'm now rooting for either the Blue Jackets, Blues, or the Wild.

Last edited Apr 26, 2014 at 07:22PM EDT

The Blackhawks go forward on to round 2 of the playoffs by completely destroying the St. Louis Blues in game 6 by a score of 5-1!

Let's go Hawks!

Last edited Apr 28, 2014 at 11:28AM EDT

Krusty Kreme wrote:

Well my bracket is almost perfect because of the goddamn Wild.

At least I got half of the Conference Finals right.

Br-Br-Br-BRACKET BREAKER!

Anyway,
Rangers beat the Penguins
Canadians beat the Bruins

Red & Blue: 2
Black & Gold: 0

Blackhawks force a game 7 against the Kings. The Stanley Cup Finals will be:

Ray Cyst's Rangers vs. Derpy Vazquez's KIngs/IAmTheBlowfish's Blackhawks

Last edited May 30, 2014 at 11:50PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!