Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

KYM religion general

Last posted May 04, 2014 at 09:28PM EDT. Added Apr 30, 2014 at 08:11PM EDT
33 posts from 30 users

Subscribe? You make it sound like a monthly magazine. I'm pretty sure we had a thread for religion before, but it may have auto-locked by now.

I'm mainly believing the Buddhist religion and philosophy, as well as Chinese Folk Religion. Just the traditional beliefs a Chinese household will have. I'm not fully invested, but once in a while I go to this nice little monastry with a very kind monk. My family likes to pray and talk with them, and my grandmother cooks for the local monastry in her hometown.

I think such a thread was autolocked a long time ago because let's face it, it's gonna go to shit.

I subscribe to Sunni Muslim Monthly, btw.

Last edited Apr 30, 2014 at 08:58PM EDT

One of my friends family runs a Pagan Magazine. I would have subscribed for kicks if it didn't cost the few hundred bucks it did.

I personally know Christians, Jews, Taoists, Pagans, Buddhists, Atheists, simple Deists, and then there is me who believes in some mix of all of them and therefore am some sort of Shinto as labeled a year or two ago by somebody on the website.

Now I got to go make friends with a Hindu and a Muslim and I will be well rounded.

Last edited Apr 30, 2014 at 09:22PM EDT

I practice Polytheism.
I believe in a holy trinity consisting of Waluigi, Reggie and Helix. When the three gods returned to the heavens they left behind the Triforce, split into three parts: the Triforce of WAAAAAH, the Triforce of Purple Pikmin, and the Triforce of Anarchy.

I was a Christian most of my life. Then I was a deist for a while. After that I was the worlds crappiest pagan. When that was over I reverted back to deism. Recently however I've come to terms with the fact that I own a fedora and haven't shaved my neck in a while.

burning_phoneix wrote:

I think such a thread was autolocked a long time ago because let's face it, it's gonna go to shit.

I subscribe to Sunni Muslim Monthly, btw.

In the past three or four years, I've yet to personally see a Religion thread on the Forums go south.

It's really the only thing that the KYM Community doesn't destroy immediately.

Anyway, still a Pantheist.

Agnostic.

I don't know if gods exist.
I don't know what they're doing or thinking, and I don't care what they're doing or thinking.
It's not my job to know, and it's not my job to care.
There are bigger fish I have to fry.

ProjectENDO wrote:

Agnostic.

I don't know if gods exist.
I don't know what they're doing or thinking, and I don't care what they're doing or thinking.
It's not my job to know, and it's not my job to care.
There are bigger fish I have to fry.

You know, a lot of religions say that it IS your job to know and it IS your job to care.

That your knowing and caring is the biggest fish that there is to fry.

I guess that you know those religions aren't true.

I'm not a religious person myself, and I'm pretty neutral and indifferent when it comes to the major religious groups. But I do find some religions, traditions, and beliefs very facinating, especially the european and asian.

Beliefs regarding Greek and Roman, Celtic, Norse, Asian Mythology, Animism, Shamanism, etc. are very interesting in my opinion. Needless to say, I'm not an expert on these subjects, but I'm always happy to read and learn more about them.

I had a thought the other day.

So there are a lot of older polytheistic religions with lager-than-life deities. Like the fantastic exploits of the Greco-Roman pantheons, the legends of the Norse gods, etc. Always with the gods being the most beautiful, or the best warriors, or the fastest footmen, or the drunkest.

Then Christianity happens. Suddenly God is a man who lives and dies. He lived ONE average-length life. He was born in poverty, worked as a carpenter (or stonemason some say), and was largely less famous than his cousin, John the Baptist.

What I mean to say is, Christianity glorifies the everyman. And as an everyman, that's encouraging.

Ticklechap Crispybottom wrote:

I practice Polytheism.
I believe in a holy trinity consisting of Waluigi, Reggie and Helix. When the three gods returned to the heavens they left behind the Triforce, split into three parts: the Triforce of WAAAAAH, the Triforce of Purple Pikmin, and the Triforce of Anarchy.

Why sir I'm flattered.

I'm a non-denominational Christian. The church I go to is called the 'First Baptist Church of Orlando', but they aren't really Baptist. The teaching seems pretty straight up from my experiences. I really hope that as I go through life, I can be the best person I can possibly be and dispel negative stereotypes that are associated with Christians in general.

The Illustrious Reggie wrote:

Why sir I'm flattered.

I'm a non-denominational Christian. The church I go to is called the 'First Baptist Church of Orlando', but they aren't really Baptist. The teaching seems pretty straight up from my experiences. I really hope that as I go through life, I can be the best person I can possibly be and dispel negative stereotypes that are associated with Christians in general.

If I had a dollar for every 'First Church'. . .

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!