Forums / Discussion / General

232,836 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

GameSpy Shutdown Thread

Last posted May 21, 2014 at 04:55PM EDT. Added May 13, 2014 at 05:01PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

As I posted in a similar previous thread Gamespy is being replaced by GameRanger. GameRanger can be downloaded and can be used for the majority of Gamespy games.

The list on reddit splits up what doesn't use Gamespy, what's on GameRanger already and what can and should be possible to put on GameRanger.

List Here

Also not mentioned is Star Wars: Battlefront 2 which can be played on GameRanger and will survive.

As a last little thing I like to say I really like GameRanger for PC online games. I never used to be able to play games like Stronghold online but now I can.

Last edited May 17, 2014 at 07:09PM EDT

Spider-Byte wrote:

As I posted in a similar previous thread Gamespy is being replaced by GameRanger. GameRanger can be downloaded and can be used for the majority of Gamespy games.

The list on reddit splits up what doesn't use Gamespy, what's on GameRanger already and what can and should be possible to put on GameRanger.

List Here

Also not mentioned is Star Wars: Battlefront 2 which can be played on GameRanger and will survive.

As a last little thing I like to say I really like GameRanger for PC online games. I never used to be able to play games like Stronghold online but now I can.

This… this means I can still play Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on multiplayer?…

celebratory dance

But, will the game still work normally during the shift to GameRanger, or I'll still need to download the GameRanger's launcher?

Chara Did Nothing Wrong wrote:

This… this means I can still play Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on multiplayer?…

celebratory dance

But, will the game still work normally during the shift to GameRanger, or I'll still need to download the GameRanger's launcher?

For me when I had Gamespy it automatically installed the launcher. Also I guess it depends on the game and whether they implement GameRanger but most likely the older ones are not gonna have it in, so it's your best bet just downloading it. Plus the launcher is pretty neat. It has a friend function to find your friends game instantly and you can search for certain games or genres to find a server you want.

Quoting from Reddit "These games I haven't looked at in depth, but should be possible to add to GameRanger eventually"

Arma
Arma cold war assault
Arma 2

How long will this take to be added to game ranger? also could someone link me to game ranger?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!