Forums / Discussion / General

232,782 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Sonic The Hedgehog Movie!!!!

Last posted Jun 11, 2014 at 05:48PM EDT. Added Jun 10, 2014 at 09:39PM EDT
16 posts from 14 users

It has been confirmed by SEGA and Sony that a half Live Action – half CGI animated film of Sonic The Hedgehog is being made! Don't have the sopurce, but its already in several movie dedicated pages…….Thoughts?

Well as long as there's no live action characters, that would make it more interesting. I've always wanted to see all CG characters against real life scenery more done. The only film that's done that before as far as I know is Dinosaur, and that was back when CG was still too new and tacky.

After hearing about this horror, I think I can await Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles with open arms. Seriously, I don't know anything about this movie at all, but it sounds like the worst thing in the history of the world. If they were making it all CG like the Sly movie, I would be open to the idea, but live action automatically ruins this.

Last edited Jun 11, 2014 at 12:21AM EDT

I think it is said that the movie will center around the original characters (Sonic,Eggman,Tails,Knucles and Amy) and won't be a "edgy" film. Maybe the live action part is for Eggman and the places where the stuff happens

If its any consolation, the animation for Sonic and his CGI pals are going to be made by Marza Animation, which is in charge of most of the CGI animation in the cutscenes in the Sonic games. And Sega is said to have a hand in the creation of this movie. So at least Sonic isn't going to look like an abomination like live action Yogi Bear and the Smurfs. Oh and the producer of 22 Jump Street is the producer of this movie as well.

And if that old article is true, Brad Bird may be to be part of the film as well.

So still expect something, but be cautious as well.

Hope they keep the same voice actors. I know lots of people hat him, but Roger Craig Smith is my favorite Sonic. Obviously, no one other than Mike Pollock can be Eggman. The only other guy who could be him is dead now (I'm pretty sure) and honestly, Mike does the better performance.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!