Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Modder TheWorst Finds And Unlocks E3 2012 Graphical Effects For Watch_Dogs. Results Are Phenomenal.

Last posted Jun 17, 2014 at 07:33PM EDT. Added Jun 17, 2014 at 07:10AM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

Just cruising around the interwebs again, only to find this beauty! Remember how stunning Watch_Dogs looked when Ubisoft unveiled it two years ago, at E3 2012? When the game came out last month, many players said that the visuals for the open-world game didn't live up to that original teaser. But modder TheWorst has found hidden files that significantly improve the way the game looks and performs, right in Watch_Dogs' PC release.

The original Guru3D forum topic can be found here, explaining the details, And after many hours of utilizing Bin-hexing and conversion tools, the results are incredible, with the mod implementing and restoring effects, such as Increased Fog Values, Bokeh DOF on default cameras, Original Bloom Effects, Headlight Shadows, Stuttering Removal, Performance Increases, and more.

Here are just a few in-game screenshots to show the dramatic improvements:

TheWorst Mod in motion:

This blew me away seeing it action. Any comments? Thoughts? Bullshit? Let me know!

Last edited Jun 17, 2014 at 07:12AM EDT

Nice! I knew the PC could do more, it's the consoles that holds it back. They don't want people to think that the PS4 and Xbox One are still inferior to PC and they downgrade everything to make it look comparable.

­­­­­­­­­­ wrote:

Wow, thanks Ubisoft.

The mod is looks awesome.

The PS4 was the lead platform, so they had to tune down the PC version so that the PS4 version would still look like the better choice.

To run the PC version without the mods you'd need 2 Titans to constantly run 60 fps. With the mod, you don't, so it not only makes the game look better but it also makes it run way smoother. They are just fucking up their own product.

Basically a big bag of money from Sony and M$, and we all know how Ubisoft loves money.

Last edited Jun 17, 2014 at 10:08AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!