Forums / Discussion / General

171,312 total conversations in 5,504 threads

+ New Thread

North Korea threatens war on US over "The Interview"

Last posted Jun 27, 2014 at 10:02PM EDT. Added Jun 25, 2014 at 03:39PM EDT
17 posts from 14 users

North Korea recently aren’t fond of the portrayal of their great leader Kim Jong-un and the portrayal of Pyongyang. They threatened to declare war on the U.S. once the film gets released this October. The whole idea behind this sounds stupid and funny at the same time. Imagine if there was a section in future history books that adds a new section called “The Interview” where future students would learn about the cause of the war and the some bits of the film. In fact, Imagine if there will be future memorials that will be dedicated to the soldiers that lost their lives in the war?

Jun 25, 2014 at 03:39PM EDT

You are now slowly realizing that Dennis Rodman, Seth Rogan, and James Franco have caused World War III.

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:06PM EDT

Considering their track record of invasion/bombing threats in the past we don’t have anything to worry about. That said a small part me actually wants them to try and attack the US, If anything to give us a reason to go in and finally take them down. I say small because I’m aware that a conflict like that will inevitable lead to WW3.

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:09PM EDT

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

You are now slowly realizing that Dennis Rodman, Seth Rogan, and James Franco have caused World War III.

Wouldn’t it be weird seeing Obama giving various speeches about the U.S. Involvement in the war along with the makers behind the film trying hard not to get into a huge deep trouble?

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:18PM EDT

The North Koreans are simply loud ninnies, a aggressive state which quite literally sells it’s own people into slavery (they have been known to sell Koreans to Russian logging camps the last of I heard of it). Their cowardice won’t allow them to attack the US (or because it is realistically retarded).

More then likely, they are going to pound their fist on tables and pout till someone notices.

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:40PM EDT

Chickenhound the Cruel wrote:

The North Koreans are simply loud ninnies, a aggressive state which quite literally sells it’s own people into slavery (they have been known to sell Koreans to Russian logging camps the last of I heard of it). Their cowardice won’t allow them to attack the US (or because it is realistically retarded).

More then likely, they are going to pound their fist on tables and pout till someone notices.

I seen some documentaries about the lifestyle in North Korea. I remember mostly watching the ones, where some Americans would take a visit to North Korea. It was creepy seeing hotels and restaurants completely empty and its crowded during special events.

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:52PM EDT

Jimmy Boxtrousers wrote:

Well, the way I see it, WWIII is going to happen eventually, so shit, why not that way? At least when we’re looking over the vast smoldering remains of our once promising civilization we’ll have something to fucking laugh about.

Jun 25, 2014 at 05:02PM EDT

Looks like they need more foreign aid. That’s usually why they do this sort of thing. Rattle their shitty 60s era soviet sabres loud enough until everyone gets irritated with the noise and shoves another billion dollars at them to shut them up for another few years.

Espurr said:

I seen some documentaries about the lifestyle in North Korea.

I watched a really cool Frontline documentary the other day about the lifestyles in North Korea. Hidden cameras show it as much of a horrible cesspit as everyone thought. The really interesting thing is that everyone there knows it’s horrible. Even “loyal” party officials. The idea that they’re all brainwashed is pretty false, at least regarding their own delusions of grandeur.

The black market is booming and getting steadily bigger as better technology (flash drives stuffed with Western movies and TV shows, radios modified to pick up South Korean stations, cell phones with illegal SIM cards) make fat Kim’s job a lot harder. As one “middle class” North Korean stated, the only thing stopping a rebellion is the fact that everyone’s ready to report their neighbor for fear of going to the prison camps the size of the District of Columbia.

Jun 25, 2014 at 05:21PM EDT

xTSGx wrote:

Looks like they need more foreign aid. That’s usually why they do this sort of thing. Rattle their shitty 60s era soviet sabres loud enough until everyone gets irritated with the noise and shoves another billion dollars at them to shut them up for another few years.

Espurr said:

I seen some documentaries about the lifestyle in North Korea.

I watched a really cool Frontline documentary the other day about the lifestyles in North Korea. Hidden cameras show it as much of a horrible cesspit as everyone thought. The really interesting thing is that everyone there knows it’s horrible. Even “loyal” party officials. The idea that they’re all brainwashed is pretty false, at least regarding their own delusions of grandeur.

The black market is booming and getting steadily bigger as better technology (flash drives stuffed with Western movies and TV shows, radios modified to pick up South Korean stations, cell phones with illegal SIM cards) make fat Kim’s job a lot harder. As one “middle class” North Korean stated, the only thing stopping a rebellion is the fact that everyone’s ready to report their neighbor for fear of going to the prison camps the size of the District of Columbia.

I remember one documentary showing what its like to wake up in North Korea. They play loud music everywhere, its very creepy and feels like something straight out of Silent Hill!

Jun 25, 2014 at 05:29PM EDT

Empty threats. North Korea doesn’t have the balls to go to war with anyone. Any war they get into would go very badly for them

Jun 26, 2014 at 03:19AM EDT

Seth Rogen just can’t catch a break recently. First getting partly blamed for the Santa Barbara Killings and that #YesAllWomen bollocks, now this.

Jun 26, 2014 at 03:24AM EDT

Even if it is released, I believe this movie is going to flop.
It would seem ludicrous that a war would begin because of some movie.

Still I don’t think North Korea would want to start a war with us.

Last edited Jun 26, 2014 at 12:08PM EDT
Jun 26, 2014 at 12:06PM EDT

Best Korea has been silent for a while so far, and once that happens they need to start attention whoring again. This is commonly through war declaration or nuclear tests.

So really, it’s just protocol. Let them get some attention, unrustle their jimmies, and done.

Jun 27, 2014 at 08:42AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!