Forums / Discussion / General

232,831 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Where you see yourself 10 years from ow hope/reality

Last posted Jul 11, 2014 at 04:03AM EDT. Added Jul 10, 2014 at 01:03AM EDT
29 posts from 27 users

So post where you hope to be in 10 years, and then tell us where you think you will actually end up

In 10 years I Hope to be a well respected scientist who has created cures and vaccines for numerous diseases.

The reality is that i'll probably just be some no name mundane scientist, like the ones in those sci-fi movies that get killed off by the monster/alien/experiment in the first 10 minutes of the movie
__________________________________________________________________________________

just now noticed the spelling error in the title my bad

Last edited Jul 10, 2014 at 01:12AM EDT

Well, I hope I can get into a gaming company as a concept artist after I get out of the Army, or at least try my hand at trying to fix computers for a living.

Also I hope I don't die.

A Furry wrote:

Well, I hope I can get into a gaming company as a concept artist after I get out of the Army, or at least try my hand at trying to fix computers for a living.

Also I hope I don't die.

what do you think the reality will be?

In 10 years from now I'll probably have enough to finally get the DeLorean DMC-12 that I want (that is, if any still are selling by 2024 and they werent all bought out in 2015 for the BTTF puns)

TripleA9000 wrote:

what do you think the reality will be?

I'll probably just abandon my hopes of becoming a real artist, and just resort to some dead end job going nowhere.

I hope that my career in stand-up is really picking up, and getting some good word-of-mouth about it. But specifically, I hope by that point to have seriously pissed off scores of easily-offended people with a shocking and vulgar dose of logic and reality.
Also, I hope to have finished and published at least one science fiction story, preferably a short novel, and to have gotten some praise for my ideas.
Will any of that shit happen? Fuck if I know. But if I end up stuck in a boring, pointless job at a desk or behind a counter, would someone here please shoot me? Thanks.

Alcoholic jerking it to mai waifus.
But being serious, I'll probably be working at some research lab building stuff. I'm also hoping to be in peak physical fitness by then.

Last edited Jul 10, 2014 at 02:07AM EDT

My goal is actually similar to yours, except the scientist I want to be is a marine biologist, so I'll be saving the whales and all that shit, but in reality, I'll probably be killed in the first ten minutes of a B horror flick after 10 years as a desk lackey to some bigshot scientist who actually matters.

Hope: To win the lottery and fund the creation of a better Last Airbender Movie

Reality: Be a married CPA with a house, two kids, dogs, and a fruit tree

Well, I hope to have finished my first novel and have gotten reasonably popular enough that I can walk into a bookstore (if any bookstores are left in 10 years) and find a copy somewhere. Not out on the front display tables, of course, but if there's a copy somewhere in the store that would be just swanky.

Hope: I'll be a classical pianist, composer, and professor of music theory at a university.
Reality: I'll be teaching 12 year olds how to play guitar in the lesson rooms of the back of some music store. Nobody will care about my mediocre piano playing or compositions with a lack of creativity or useless knowledge of irrelevant music theory about an irrelevant music genre in an irrelevant field because it's art. I'll be too stupid to be a professor. I'll be too uncreative to be a composer. I'll be too unskilled to be a pianist. I'll be too unpleasant to be a decent human being.

Hoping to be a creative director of the most in-depth,most addicting,most non-linear RPG's or Hyber addicting,extremely fun Strategy games.

Reality is a Q&A tester(It's not fun).Or a game designer for a filthy causal tablet and smart phone.

Edit:And maybe in hope and reality doing game reviews and/or Let's Plays.

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 04:07AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!