Forums / Discussion / General

175,249 total conversations in 5,765 threads

+ New Thread

KYM LGBT Thread

Last posted Jul 23, 2014 at 09:54AM EDT. Added Jul 11, 2014 at 05:50AM EDT
177 posts from 51 users

AKA: We hook up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a fairly good note, the other day I realised I was bi (◡‿◡✿)

So I have a question for some of you…Was it scary when you realised you were LGBT? It was and still is a little bit for me ;-;

Mod Edit:

Official List of Non-Hetero Members

• Lesbian:
    • Lea
    • Lexi
  • Gay:
    • Connor
    • Giegue
    • Madcat
    • Mexx Android
    • Opspe
    • Philip
    • Platus
    • Random21
  • Bisexual:
    • Algernon
    • Ann
    • Brucker
    • Cale
    • Calkarot
    • Chris
    • Crazy☾ / Harshwhinny
    • Digoxin
    • Jimmy “Sniper” Lethal
    • Jostin Asuncion
    • Myndnix
    • Snickerway
    • Soos, The Pizza Guy
    • Taryn
  • Pansexual:
    • Blue Screen (of Death)
    • Markhaox14
  • Demisexual:
    • CitationNeeded
  • Asexual:
    • Dr. Sockpuppet
  • Transgender:
    • Fandroid / Maromi (MtF)
    • Peacock Roy
  • Genderfluid:
    • Natsuru (Genderfluid male)
    • Science Spider (Genderfluid male)
Last edited Jul 22, 2014 at 11:41PM EDT

Welcome to the Pride Side, Calkarot. I guess we can add you to the “LGBT User List” now if anyone still has that.

I wish I had more advice to help you cope, but I live in generally the most acceapting place in America for LGBT’s and even it’s still scary. Best advice is to start spreading the word about yourself so you have a kinda social defensive barrier.

As for me, Trans (Gender Fluid), and by extension Conditionally Bi depending on which way I am swinging at the moment. My parents just think I am closeted gay but are polite enough not to pry. My Ex and another one of my female friends know I am Trans of some kind, but I have only brought up the Gender Fluidity part to the other friend.

And it’s horrible really. It makes it feel hard for me to feel attracted to somebody because “WOOPS I JUST BECAME GAY SORRY GOTTA GAG”. Even that was a problem with my Ex (but she was incredibly forceful so that kinda solved it). It’s just a frustrating problem that won’t go the hell away and I can’t ffffffff I want to love and be loved but this makes dating a literal NIGHTMARE.

Anyways, on the plus side, people still say I look good in a dress, so woooo~

Welcome to the very large club I guess. I would be gay, I’ve known it for a few years now, and it’s a fact I’m still not comfortable with. Depends on the person really I guess, some people get over it quickly, some people may never fully accept it.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I am not gay or anything because that’s gay, but I believe in gay rights and stuff.

my karma button is to the left, please award me accordingly. follow me too

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 10:50AM EDT

I remember we used to have a thread like this a long time ago, and RandomMan ended up compiling a list in it about all the LGBT users on the site. GUESS WE CAN UPDATE THE LIST NOW.

It was also the thread where the beautiful KYM LGBT badge came into existence, courtesy of Opspe.

Wear it with pride.

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 12:00PM EDT

I’m pretty sure I’m transgender. It gets kind of annoying because no one believes me though. Well it’s not that they don’t believe me, it’s that they don’t see it. But I feel it. I’ve been a attempting to get some counseling but I need to work out some form of communication with the place I’m trying to get help from and it’s not going over well in that regard.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Twenty-One wrote:

I remember we used to have a thread like this a long time ago, and RandomMan ended up compiling a list in it about all the LGBT users on the site. GUESS WE CAN UPDATE THE LIST NOW.

It was also the thread where the beautiful KYM LGBT badge came into existence, courtesy of Opspe.

Wear it with pride.

I hate this thing.

I technically don’t belong in this thread either, but I’ll actually contribute to conversation and not derail the thread.

I’ve inspected my sexuality for a long time now, and it still confuses me. I’d argue that everyone is even a tiny bit gay; hell, I can find another man attractive, I just don’t want his dick inside me.

That being said, society would not consider me normal. For one thing, while not trans at all, and completely comfortable with my body (more comfortable then most people would like me to be, given my reputation), I like to wear women’s clothing because I like to feel pretty. Heck, the frillier the better.

Also, I’m not so much attracted to “women” as much as I am “femininity.” That is, I wouldn’t mind a relationship with a person that identified as a women and looked cute, even if she had a dick. So yeah, while I probably wouldn’t suck her dick, I wouldn’t mind a relationship with someone like that. Does that make me gay? Hell if I know; sexuality isn’t black and white like old conservatives like my parents like to think.

I’m completely straight. Like, completely. I’ve never even had a passing interest in other men at all. At least some people have a bit of gay, girls and guys, but I have none really. I can judge if a man is handsome or not, but it’s usually way off of what gay guys and straight girls think is handsome, so I hardly try.

However, I might actually be a bit trans. I’ve always been feminine as hell and I’ve had multiple periods of time, some of them very lengthy and lasting even weeks where I’ve really wanted to not be a guy anymore. However, if given an easy opportunity, I would choose to remain male, just because I still do enjoy the perks of being a guy and I would miss it. Also, science hasn’t really gotten far enough to do complete gender changes where you can’t even tell the difference and most likely it probably never will. Most changes done by surgery are expensive, painful, and irreversible, and usually they don’t even look like actual changes but more like half-changes. The only way I’d ever accept a change is if I was a magical shapeshifter who could turn into anything I wanted, but magic doesn’t really exist so that’s not an option. I’ll just remain a guy. Usually, the things that make me want to become a woman are usually female role models, and the things that usually snap me back are male role models. For example, the character that first ignited my inner trans was actually Samus, and the one that snapped me back to being proud of my manhood was Snake.

I’m sure all the other trans/trans-ish people in this thread understand the weirdness and the uncomfortableness of it all. Sometimes it feels weird being in my own skin. Sorry for the wall, but if anyone bothered to read it at all who knows the signs of being transgender, do you think I might count as that?

@Delta

Having a futanari fetish is totally different from being gay. Hell, I don’t even think you have a futinari fetish since you don’t exactly like female dicks, you just tolerate them. That is definitely not gay. Maybe a slight fetish though. Slight.

Evilthing wrote:

Could anyone explain why transgender people are put together with homosexuals and bisexuals instead of otherkin and permanent cosplayers?

Because transgenderism is based on sexual identity/gender identity, defining a person who is unhappy with their genetically assigned gender because of personality or psychological reasons.

Otherkin are more of a metaphysical concept – people thinking they’re not entirely human through some identity with of a “soul” of an animal. It also didn’t arise until the mid-ish 90’s, and is more like being lost in a fantasy world than anything else.

Permanent cosplayers are not based out of sexual or gender issues – it’s primarily people who wish to enact the life of a make-believe character. Males can cosplay as males, females, or nonsexual characters. There is no general basis for being unhappy with one’s gender identity.

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 04:06PM EDT

Evilthing wrote:

Could anyone explain why transgender people are put together with homosexuals and bisexuals instead of otherkin and permanent cosplayers?

…well, uh, it’s probably because believing oneself to be born as the wrong sex is within the realm of possibility, and not absurd and strange like the last two things you named.

It’s about time this thread was made.

I’m somewhat gay, somewhat bisexual. My sexuality seems to fluctuate from time to time. On some days, I’m into guys and nothing else. On others, I’ll find myself inexplicably attracted to women again, though the attraction to men never really goes away. I think the best I can do is to describe myself as a gay-leaning bisexual.

It took me until I was 19 to really accept this, though the signs were there for a few years beforehand. Since then, I have been in a relationship with another guy, and honestly, it did feel… right. Like, it didn’t seem like I was doing anything wrong. I felt completely comfortable with him. It’s over now, but I’m still open to the idea of having a serious relationship with another man.

I’m 21 now, and I still occasionally have issues with my sexuality. It’s mostly just doubts over whether or not I’m really bisexual, plus some worries that I won’t be able to find somebody compatible with myself. As time goes on though, I am becoming more comfortable with it. These days, I just tend to roll with it; if I find somebody sexually attractive, I just accept it without trying to over-analyse myself.

Calkarot wrote:

So I have a question for some of you…Was it scary when you realised you were LGBT? It was and still is a little bit for me ;-;

Yes, definitely. I had a strong feeling that I might be bi for months, and when I accepted it, it hit me pretty hard. Once I accepted that I was into other guys, it was like I finally gave myself permission to think about them, or look at them, and it was a pretty confusing time. I can remember being very frustrated with myself whenever I let my eyes wander for a moment too long. Like I said earlier, the worries still haven’t completely disappeared, but I’m getting better with time.

If you want to discuss anything in particular, feel free to send me a PM or something. It’s a whole lot easier to get through this sort of transition if you have other people to talk to. It might even be useful just to have somebody willing to listen while you vent.

Oh, and congrats on coming out in such a public area. It takes a fair amount of courage to be that open about it.

Jimmy Lethal wrote:

I’m bisexual. It really is the best of both worlds. Welcome to the club, mate.

I’d disagree with that. Unfortunately, biphobia is pretty prevalent throughout the LGBT community. A lot of gay people don’t believe that bisexuality actually exists, and will refuse to enter relationships with bisexuals on principle alone. It also should be pretty obvious that a lot of straight people wouldn’t be comfortable entering a relationship with a bisexual, because stereotypes and stuff. While it is nice to be able to appreciate both sexes, bisexuality does carry some pretty significant disadvantages. Hopefully it’s something that’ll go away with time.

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 07:28PM EDT

Oh boy where do we begin?

@Calkarot

Yeaaaah! One of my people! Welcome to the cool sexuality for cool people.

Please take your standard issue flag

If you need advice, you can ask me. But I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble “coping”. We don’t have a history of controversy surrounding us so coming out as Bi might not land you in too much of a scandal (So long as people recognize Bi as a sexuality anyway).

Being Bi can be a bit more confusing that just gay or straight. You’ve got more options to choose from and so will your sexuality which can start to do unexpected things.

The most confusing part of being Bi is ‘fluxuations’. I call them swings. You may notice some days you like men more, and some days you like women more. That’s normal. Don’t panic. You might also pick a “favorite” gender. Also normal. You can be a straight-leaning Bi or a gay-leaning Bi or value both equally

The hardest part of being Bi is really helping people understand that you are BI. Not a “half-gay”. Not a greedy bitch. Not a gay-in-denial. Not a gay-in-the-making. Not a promiscuous cheating slut etc etc

Was it scary when you realised you were LGBT? It was and still is a little bit for me ;-;

I didn’t find it scary, I just kinda rolled with it. It felt natural.

Letting the rest of my highly conservative staunch christian republican family know, however…that’s scary

@blubber

wtf thought this was the kym let’s get burgers tonight thread???

Apparently not. But we can still go out and get burgers right?

@Deltamelon

I’ve inspected my sexuality for a long time now, and it still confuses me. I’d argue that everyone is even a tiny bit gay; hell, I can find another man attractive, I just don’t want his dick inside me.

Yup. The sexuality spectrum is very wide and you’ve got a good chance of not landing on the edges. And it’s easy for people to have slight bi-tendencies/curiosities and not realize it. Particularly if you are close to the edges (5% or 95% gay)

I thought I was straight most my life until a fling with a gay dude helped me realize that I was in fact Bi. I just hadn’t explored my own gay interests up until that point.

I used to repulse at cocks, now I love them. What happened is that I had sexual moralities blocking my sexual interests.

My interest in men was always there, in the background. Like yourself I would occasionally find another man attractive, but then I would fight the thoughts by thinking " I don’t want his dick inside me". I honestly never thought I would do it and I wretched at the thought thanks to my upbringing making me believe it was the devils handiwork

But once I stopped fighting it and stopped pretending that sodomy was gross, disgusting, ewww, I came to realize that I’m 100% comfortable with men.

My point is: you don’t know you’re bi until you give it a tri

You may be as well. You just need to experience it.

Also, I’m not so much attracted to “women” as much as I am “femininity.”

This is normal

I wouldn’t mind a relationship with a person that identified as a women and looked cute, even if she had a dick. So yeah, while I probably wouldn’t suck her dick, I wouldn’t mind a relationship with someone like that. Does that make me gay?

No it does not. You’re gay if you would rather that cute woman with a dick looked like a manly man with a dick and the idea of a woman totally disgusted you. THAT’s gay.

You’re talking about futa as mentioned earlier, and that’s something I know even straight people are into. The fact that you wouldn’t suck that cock makes you sound even more straight.

You just don’t have insecurities that make you feel as though the presence of dicks threaten your manly taste in women. Neither do you really equate sexual organs to gender. So you’re still interested in that feminine gender and see that added cock as just an interesting twist.

@Algernon

I’m somewhat gay, somewhat bisexual. My sexuality seems to fluctuate from time to time. On some days, I’m into guys and nothing else. On others, I’ll find myself inexplicably attracted to women again, though the attraction to men never really goes away. I think the best I can do is describe myself as a gay-leaning bisexual.

I know you, buddy. Gay-leaning bisexual is you. I have no doubts in my mind after all the stories you shared with me.

Fluctuations are all normal traits for bisexuals as I mentioned. We have our straight days and our gay days. But you’ll continue to be attracted to both genders, you just have periods where you decide you want to focus on just one. This is confusing at first but you get adjusted to it.

I’d disagree with that. Unfortunately, biphobia is pretty prevalent throughout the LGBT community.

He was talking about sexual experiences with both men and women. Best of both worlds indeed. I don’t think he was saying that bisexuality is the best. We do have our share of problems as you point out.

Bisexuality is still not well understood and now that it’s coming out more, people are making presumptions. People shouldn’t make it sound more complex than it is. We’re just normal people that can go both ways. This isn’t some agenda

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 09:36PM EDT

Srsly though, could someone help me determine if I’m trans or not and if I am, how much? This thread is for support and help and all that, right? I won’t bother posting my wall o’ text again, but if you’d like to help and you know some stuff on the subject, just scroll up and you’ll find it.

Sam wrote:

Srsly though, could someone help me determine if I’m trans or not and if I am, how much? This thread is for support and help and all that, right? I won’t bother posting my wall o’ text again, but if you’d like to help and you know some stuff on the subject, just scroll up and you’ll find it.

Only you can figure it out. There can be signs, but it’s not always so clear cut. I was going to ask “if you could be the opposite gender easily would you do that?” but you seem to have answered that, so I’ll ask another question: If you were on like an island by yourself and no one was around, and you could have whatever (human) body you wanted, what would you choose?

Peacock Roy wrote:

Only you can figure it out. There can be signs, but it’s not always so clear cut. I was going to ask “if you could be the opposite gender easily would you do that?” but you seem to have answered that, so I’ll ask another question: If you were on like an island by yourself and no one was around, and you could have whatever (human) body you wanted, what would you choose?

Uhhhhhh… Holy shit! That’s actually thought-provokong for me. I’ve thought about it for a while, and I really don’t know.At some times, I’d pick female with no hesitation, but sometimes I’d pick male no hesitation. Right now, I could go either or. My opinion on this really fluctuates from time to time, which I guess is part of the answer to my question. I’m not full on transgender, but I definitely am somewhat. Alright, if I was an island I would be…… Fuck it! I’ll be a woman! It’s hypothetical anyways so I guess I’ll just be a guy, but if that ever actually happened for some reason I’d be a chick.

Thanks for the help bro! You’ve brought me one step closer to inner peace!

@Blue Screen

Looks like you’re just as lost as I am… I’ll just call it “fluctuating” and see where my feelings go.

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 11:43PM EDT

@Spider

My understanding of trans is a bit limited. It’s as confusing for everyone else as much as the trans person in question (particularly since the english language doesn’t know what to do with it)

You know you are transgender if the gender you identify with is detached from your sex or your previous gender.

So you physically feel like you are or must be a different gender despite how you were previously or despite having a pair of chromosomes that speak otherwise. Hence men trapped in womens bodies or vice versa (Though I have personally NEVER heard about a man trapped in a womans body. I only hear about women trapped in mens bodies. Does this only affect men?)

You may not be a trans if you identify perfectly your given sex/gender and feel comfortable with your body as it is. Being a guy that is a bit feminine/girly doesn’t make you a trans, I don’t think. It just means you are a feminine guy and/or you have feminine interests but that has nothing to do with your gender, only your personality.

I can be rather lady-like and girly myself but that’s only because I hang around too many camp gays and drag queens. I by no means act that way because I think I’m female. I’m all man and proud of having a penis, I assure you. I just have a feminine side.

So to summarise

I’ve always been feminine as hell

This is not necessarily a sign of being trans but may be considered a clue

weeks where I’ve really wanted to not be a guy anymore

This is absolutely a sign of being trans

I would choose to remain male, just because I still do enjoy the perks of being a guy and I would miss it.

This is sign of being a straight male after all.

Sometimes it feels weird being in my own skin

This is another sign of being trans

Overall, I can’t really say for sure what you are. You’d be the first to know. You may potentially be trans, but if you are perfectly fine with your gender/sex and don’t feel like you really should be a woman, then you can call yourself a straight male with a strong fem side I guess. Perhaps you are trans but instead of transitioning from male to female, you did a 360 and went back to male? I don’t know.

[edit]

My opinion on this really fluctuates from time to time

Wavering between wanting to be male or female?

That sounds like Natsuru’s case (see his post). maybe you are gender-fluid?

Last edited Jul 11, 2014 at 11:41PM EDT

Sam wrote:

Uhhhhhh… Holy shit! That’s actually thought-provokong for me. I’ve thought about it for a while, and I really don’t know.At some times, I’d pick female with no hesitation, but sometimes I’d pick male no hesitation. Right now, I could go either or. My opinion on this really fluctuates from time to time, which I guess is part of the answer to my question. I’m not full on transgender, but I definitely am somewhat. Alright, if I was an island I would be…… Fuck it! I’ll be a woman! It’s hypothetical anyways so I guess I’ll just be a guy, but if that ever actually happened for some reason I’d be a chick.

@Blue Screen

Looks like you’re just as lost as I am… I’ll just call it “fluctuating” and see where my feelings go.

No problem.

Blue Screen wrote:

maybe you are gender-fluid?

HOLY SHIT THERE’S A WORD FOR WHAT I AM?

Alright. pack it up guys, I guess that means I’m gender-fluid.

@theclassicrock

That confirms it even more! I’m telling everyone! I’m going to scream it from the rooftops: “I’m gender-fluid!”

This really excites me. I feel like I know myself twice as much now.

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 12:50AM EDT

Fridge wrote:

…well, uh, it’s probably because believing oneself to be born as the wrong sex is within the realm of possibility, and not absurd and strange like the last two things you named.

It is still similar to otherkin in terms of having to change yourself a lot to become what you wanted and outside the current realm of possibility. Maybe in the future when chromosomes can be altered things will be different.

Sam wrote:

@Blue Screen

I’m far from an expert but that sounds exactly like someone I know and they identify as gender fluid.

As far as myself, I’m not really sure if I belong in this thread. Tumblr would say I’m polysexual but I just think of it as “mostly straight”. I definitely prefer women, but occasionally I have feelings for men. I used to think it was just aesthetic attraction, but there is a bit more to it than that. I feel the same way as I do with women, just to a lesser degree. There is definitely something sexual there even if I don’t actually want to have sex with them. For a long time penises repulsed me but lately they don’t bother me as much. I tend to prefer the more feminine guys or “pretty boys” but I can definitely appreciate a muscular well taken care of male body. Like some of the above said I definitely experience some fluctuations. Some days I’m much more attracted to guys then others.

>LGBT is not right because insert religious crap here
>LGBT is not natural because blah blah blah
>LGBT should not have equal rights and should be illegal
Daily reminder, do not be THAT guy.

@theclassicrock

I’m pretty sure ‘polysexual’ is just a parent category for other multiple-sexuality categories. It literally means “multiple sexuality” ergo: being bi or pan

So Bisexuality and Pansexuality both fall under the category of polysexuality. But polysexuality isn’t a thing in itself

Ignore Tumblr

What you described sounds like straight-leaning bisexuality

Tchefuncte Bonaparte wrote:

I’m far from an expert but that sounds exactly like someone I know and they identify as gender fluid.

As far as myself, I’m not really sure if I belong in this thread. Tumblr would say I’m polysexual but I just think of it as “mostly straight”. I definitely prefer women, but occasionally I have feelings for men. I used to think it was just aesthetic attraction, but there is a bit more to it than that. I feel the same way as I do with women, just to a lesser degree. There is definitely something sexual there even if I don’t actually want to have sex with them. For a long time penises repulsed me but lately they don’t bother me as much. I tend to prefer the more feminine guys or “pretty boys” but I can definitely appreciate a muscular well taken care of male body. Like some of the above said I definitely experience some fluctuations. Some days I’m much more attracted to guys then others.

I actually know one or two people like yourself IRL. They mostly are attracted to the opposite sex, but when thy see someone really attractive from the same gender, they get a tad-bit sexual towards them. Again, there’s a whole spectrum of gayness, you’re near the straight edge, but you’re still teetering over to the other side.

Funny enough, I thought I’d barely be involved in this thread aside from my first post since I’m all women all the time, but now I’m one of the most active posters. Also, I feel like putting the LGBT badge thingy up on my wall now. Add me to the list!

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 01:16AM EDT

Thanks to the support guys, although I already knew KYM was chock full of LGBT people. To be honest, I think that I’ve always been a bit bi, and for the past year of so when…er..doing things, sometimes thoughts popped into my head. I asked a friend about it and he said to just roll with it and encourage it and I was like “WELP” and gave in ^^.

Here’s an interesting way of evaluating orientation/identity/etc.

I personally still don’t understand how biological sex isn’t binary. Someone either has a Y chromosome or they don’t, right?

Caramel wrote:

Here’s an interesting way of evaluating orientation/identity/etc.

I personally still don’t understand how biological sex isn’t binary. Someone either has a Y chromosome or they don’t, right?

Well, there are Turner syndrome, XX male syndrome, Triple X syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, XYY syndrome and more (I only used the ones with a maximum of three sex chromosomes), which could be considered here. However, they’re all pretty rare. and are either serious disorders with several drastic symptoms (first and fourth) or make such a small difference that most live their entire lives without knowing that something about them is different (the rest).
And while I’m on this subject, thank you transgendered people for identifying yourself with a condition that can actually be verified by science. coughheadmatesotherkincough

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 03:57AM EDT

@Connor

Yes, but believe it or not, even those two chromosomes have a variety of combinations

You’ve got klinefelter syndrome (XXY) and jacobs Syndrome (XYY). You can even be short one chromosome have Turner syndrome (X). All these things mess up your biological sex and are the reason we have male, female and “other”.

Not to mention intersex too, having organs from both sexes can make your gender identity even more of a blurred line.

I have to say that’s a very good infographic which shows why gender happens to be so damn diverse. There’s multiple factors at play

[edit]

You damn ninja

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 03:58AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Connor

Yes, but believe it or not, even those two chromosomes have a variety of combinations

You’ve got klinefelter syndrome (XXY) and jacobs Syndrome (XYY). You can even be short one chromosome have Turner syndrome (X). All these things mess up your biological sex and are the reason we have male, female and “other”.

Not to mention intersex too, having organs from both sexes can make your gender identity even more of a blurred line.

I have to say that’s a very good infographic which shows why gender happens to be so damn diverse. There’s multiple factors at play

[edit]

You damn ninja

I think for me I am just heterosexual. However in extremely rare cases I might find a male celebrity I consider attractive. But ultimately I’m not quite sure because I haven’t had any relationships and there has been days where I felt more towards either asexual or bi-curious.

But the thing is I think I’m at an age where I can feel either really lacking in an emotional or sexual relationship and desire it or the thoughts don’t even cross my mind. So I guess it’s hormones and shit, so I’ll just wait till something happens.

This thread should encompass asexuals too. They’re rare, but they exist. I actually have asexual tendencies. Not sure if it’s actually a thing or if it’s just all in my head, but I have a natural aversion to sex. I watch porn often, but strangely, I try to avoid sex in real life as much as possible.

(Also, I accidentally Spider-byte’s post, could some people please upvote it once or twice to fix this?)

@Caramel

Humans are weird. Especially sexuality-wise. I doubt there will ever be a way when science understands all of this, but they’re trying! Hell, they still don’t know what causes gayness.

Evilthing wrote:

It is still similar to otherkin in terms of having to change yourself a lot to become what you wanted and outside the current realm of possibility. Maybe in the future when chromosomes can be altered things will be different.

Lemme explain something to you. Transgender people often feel legitimately uncomfortable as the sex they were assigned at birth, and they take great strides to rectify that. Many times they will literally alter themselves until they can feel right within their own skin, and no matter what, they are feared, ostracized, and attacked for trying to be themselves. Last semester at my university, a transgender student was attacked in a bathroom, and it wasn’t an isolated incident. So don’t try and tell me it’s in any way similar to looking at furries on the internet and thinking you have the soul of a dog within you and start barking or whatever the fuck. It’s not.

Back on topic.
Backon topic.
Bacon topic.

Anyway, while I am not homosexual myself, I can somewhat empathise with those who are, as being asexual myself and thus having no real attraction to any gender, I can see how society’s views tend to make you feel like shit when they force them down your throats and claim you are ‘sinful’ or ‘not following the natural order’.

The world sucks and is a horrible place to live, but at least some people understand your problems. Keep at it, people.

This has been a very enlightening thread, and I don’t get to say that very often.

I’m hetero, I think I’m a tiny bit asexual, and 100% comfortable with my gender. I have always been a quintessential boy. I was dirty, smelly, nasty, mangy (wink, wink), didn’t like dressing formally, and didn’t like getting my hair cut; much to my mother’s annoyance. I was into Football (American), racecars, dinosaurs, spaceships, spiders, snakes, Hot Wheels, and essentially anything typical boys were into during that time.

Unsurprisingly, I’m more attracted to tomboys and actually find women dolled up wearing fancy dresses and lots of jewelry a turn-off.

Make of that what you will.

@Captain Blubber

wtf thought this was the kym let’s get burgers tonight thread???

Here you go.

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 03:49PM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

AKA: We hook up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mod Edit:

Official List of Non-Hetero Members

• Lesbian:
    • Lea
    • Lexi
  • Gay:
    • Connor
    • Giegue
    • Madcat
    • Mexx Android
    • Opspe
    • Philip
    • Platus
    • Random21
  • Bisexual:
    • Algernon
    • Ann
    • Brucker
    • Cale
    • Calkarot
    • Chris
    • Crazy☾ / Harshwhinny
    • Digoxin
    • Jimmy “Sniper” Lethal
    • Jostin Asuncion
    • Myndnix
    • Snickerway
    • Soos, The Pizza Guy
    • Taryn
  • Pansexual:
    • Blue Screen (of Death)
    • Markhaox14
  • Demisexual:
    • CitationNeeded
  • Asexual:
    • Dr. Sockpuppet
  • Transgender:
    • Fandroid / Maromi (MtF)
    • Peacock Roy
  • Genderfluid:
    • Natsuru (Genderfluid male)
    • Science Spider (Genderfluid male)

I knew it, you fag.
… Now seriously, glad you found this about yourself. How much are you on the kinsey scale?
I think I’m a 2.

@0.9999…=1 and Blue

I’ve already knew about those, I was doing research on genetic disorders and gender dysphoria when I read about those. But still, even with those disorders someone either has all X’s or both X’s and Y’s, regardless of combination. (I also read that there can’t be just Y’s because that’s terminal or something.) It has to be binary in that respect, right? Not that it really matters anyway, I’ve forgotten what I was trying to say.
And if someone were born with the wrong organs, or were a chimera in whatever way, wouldn’t it be a birth defect? Biologically someone is only supposed to have one set and be fully one sex. Or am I just not being open minded enough by thinking that biological sex should be in a different classification system than gender and attraction, which are personally subjective?

Anyway, I’m like a 5 on the Kinsey Scale, it’s just that all of the females I’m attracted to are imaginary/of a different species. I’m pretty comfortable with my gender, though I was questioning it more last year. I like plenty of stereotypical boy things, guns, violent video games, not caring about fashion, etc. But sometimes I wish I were more feminine, I like having frilly underwear and feeling pretty sometimes. I don’t really know, but I’m happy with how I am for the most part.

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 04:39PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!