Forums / Discussion / General

232,636 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

Same idea, same time

Last posted Jul 12, 2014 at 02:07AM EDT. Added Jul 12, 2014 at 01:37AM EDT
5 posts from 3 users

Ever had one of those moments where you have an idea and you look to see if someone else did it and it seems that no, nobody has. So you do it, you go all the way to the upload, and then right after you've posted it, you discover that someone else did the exact same thing either mere moments earlier, or you somehow missed it? Yeah, that literally just happened to me.

This is mine.

This is Dr. Gregory Horse.

Okay, the differences between us are:
I have the German crest.
His is slightly shorter.
My Brazil flag is slightly smaller while my Germany flag is slightly bigger.
My file is bigger and is of slightly less quality (4.9Mb vs 2.9Mb because I suck at making gifs).
My post has tags and a title, his doesn't.

But otherwise, down to the file resolution (480×270), it's the same.

Yeah, I have no idea how.

Last edited Jul 12, 2014 at 01:42AM EDT

Yeah, I've written an entire article up that was really long and really complicated and I put hours of work into it, but when I was going to practically submit it, I checked the homepage and a staff member already uploaded the exact same page up and was even better than mine and it was featured. To top it all off, it was about something I really liked and it was going to be my first article submitted. I got over it the next day and gained editorship to contribute a few things though. so I'm fine, but the initial feeling still sucked. (It was the Frozen subculture). So, I know that feel bro. I feel bad for ya.

Sonata Dusk wrote:

I wouldn't say "moments before", considering Greg Horse uploaded his version three days before you did.

"either mere moments before or somehow missed it" is what I said, which is what happened. I didn't see his until seconds after I uploaded mine. There's also the fact that it actually took me three days to make this damn thing because I suck at making gifs, which I talked about in my previous thread: https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/27923-making-gifs

So Greg Horse responded to my message I left him.
"I had actually posted it on the Fifa 2014 WC entry, but it was redirected to this new page, hence the more upvotes"
This explains why I never saw his version before, because I never looked at that gallery. It still a nice coincidence that we made the exact same gif around the same time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!