Forums / Discussion / General

232,635 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Goodwill Ambassadors Thread

Last posted Jul 20, 2014 at 10:48PM EDT. Added Jul 19, 2014 at 01:43AM EDT
12 posts from 8 users

Alrighty guys listen up; we get new members every single day, but a LOT of them--and I'm sure many of us, too, when we first started out--merely lurked, or only commented once or twice and forgot about the site.

We want to keep these new and potentially wonderful people.

As such, this thread's purpose is for any willing ambassadors of goodwill (I know I'm not using "ambassador" correctly in this context but c'mon it sounds cool) to meet and greet new members. Basically:

• When you find a new member that could be a kewl gui, provide a link to their wall here
  • When other members provide a link to a new member's wall, go to that wall and say something nice, or just say "Welcome!" or "Hello!"

Many users don't go to the forums early in their KYM lives, so they don't even see the "Introduce Yourself" thread. A crying shame, so we're here to bring us to them! Imagine how welcomed it'll make them feel!

Here, I'll provide five off the bat for us:
Mr. Fluffy
Enyalb
VolksDK
Alex Kralie
Gardevoir123

Old Man GigaChad wrote:

Is there an easy way to search "new members"?

Searching on "%" allows that, just click "users" and sort on newest.

Last edited Jul 19, 2014 at 06:52PM EDT
Side note, I really need to think of more greetings besides the copypasta I keep using of “Hello,” “Welcome,” and “Enjoy your stay.”

I normally just use the avatar and/or their activity as a starting point. I don't usually say "Hello" or welcome them to the site (when I followed the new members thread more actively. I should just subscribe to that.)

But what you're doing is a good idea. It'll be very hard to keep up with and seem genuine, but I applaud the effort.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!