Forums / Discussion / General

232,594 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Top Downvoted Comments

Last posted Jul 24, 2014 at 12:27PM EDT. Added Jul 23, 2014 at 06:40PM EDT
16 posts from 11 users

idk man i was just wondering what if there was a section for Top Comments AND for Top Downvoted Comments? like idk how that would happen but i guess it'd be cool just so there's an easy way to know who's there and who's square, am i right?

Note that if there are two identical comments, one can be very upvoted and one very downvoted depending on where (and sometimes when) they were posted.

Last edited Jul 23, 2014 at 07:47PM EDT

That's quite impressive, Muffin.

But to make a more serious response to the thread. No. Having a "Top Downvotes" section is a terrible idea. We already have a problem of extreme negativity and downvote bombing in the comments sections, having a place that puts the bottom of the barrel comments front and center would most likely make that worse. Also, having bad/downvoted posts glorified will encourage people to purposefully shitpost for the sake of popularity, and we don't want that.

Crimson Locks wrote:

That's quite impressive, Muffin.

But to make a more serious response to the thread. No. Having a "Top Downvotes" section is a terrible idea. We already have a problem of extreme negativity and downvote bombing in the comments sections, having a place that puts the bottom of the barrel comments front and center would most likely make that worse. Also, having bad/downvoted posts glorified will encourage people to purposefully shitpost for the sake of popularity, and we don't want that.

Brucker wrote:

@Muffinlicious:
How did you know that?

Honestly I just find this kind of stuff really interesting, and so I try to find out as much about it as possible.

Last edited Jul 23, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

Muffinlicious wrote:

Honestly I just find this kind of stuff really interesting, and so I try to find out as much about it as possible.

Quest Completed- Find the most upvoted and downvoted comment

Daedric Sword added to inventory

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Now for your next challenge, find the most upvoted/downvoted forum post.

I think the highest upvoted post is in the original family photo thread. Not sure where you'd find the lowest

Quest Updated- After successfully finding the mythical comments, the noble Blue Screen of Death requires you to investigate the forums.

Objectives-

- Find the top rated forum post
- Find the lowest rated forum post
- Collect reward from BSOD

Last edited Jul 24, 2014 at 03:05AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Now for your next challenge, find the most upvoted/downvoted forum post.

I think the highest upvoted post is in the original family photo thread. Not sure where you'd find the lowest

Here is the most upvoted forum post of all time.
As for the lowest downvoted forum post, this is the most downvoted I could find.
Edit: Also, here is the most downvoted forum post I could find that was downvoted unironically. (Not from the Neg Karma Thread)

Last edited Jul 24, 2014 at 08:06AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!