Forums / Discussion / General

232,888 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Nico Nico Douga (NND) VS. YouTube (YT)

Last posted Aug 08, 2014 at 07:05PM EDT. Added Aug 08, 2014 at 02:00PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

This thread is to discuss about which video-sharing site you enjoy more. IMHO, YouTube's features are more user friendly to most of the world, but NND has more talented creators and creations.

I don't know if a thread like this has been done or if it fits in this board, but…

ROUND 1! BEGIN!

Here is the one with English subtitles:

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 02:23PM EDT

On one hand, Youtube provides content in my native language, and a lot of stuff from Nico Nico gets Subtitled and transferred over to here.

However, from what has been brought over, I can see there is a lot more attention to quality.

But that's the thing. Only the quality things are being brought over, so all I see are the good things of Nico Nico, and both the good and the bad things of Youtube.

Beyond that, I think another edge Nico Nico has over Youtube is the laws in Japan regarding derivative works. It allows a lot more remixes and parodies than Youtube does.

Also many Japanese people want to go into Animation so by extension there is a LOT more animation coming from Nico Nico than from Youtube. Which is a plus side from me.

I would have to actually browse Nico Nico for several months before I would be able to make a final judgement (but can't since I only speak very very basic Japanese), so overall I think they are equal.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!