Forums / Discussion / General

232,749 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Flash of Anger

Last posted Dec 21, 2009 at 11:54AM EST. Added Dec 19, 2009 at 04:07PM EST
41 posts from 10 users

1. So some d-bag says something stupid. Some other d-bag gets all mad.

TROLL WINS

2. So some newbie says something stupid (doesn't understand the internet yet/makes a comment that has already been disscussed). Some non-newbie gets all mad.

I cannot say "TROLL WINS" in this scenario because there is no troll here. But the principal is similar, because the non-newbie, in my opinion, is put in an akward position. He/she got all mad for little reason.

If a troll trolls, we are supposed to pay no heed. When a newbie is being a newbie, we here at KYM are supposed to be informational (or at least it means that there should be a newbie section, which has already been disscussed).

Why is it that when a newbie is being a newbie, I see everyone get all mad, or somewhat insulting, and when worse comes to worse, really bitchy? It's like being mad at a retarded person for being retarded.

EXACTLY, Average Joe! I feel the same way. The guys just gotta chillax for a while. They rage to easily. We're supposed to be a mature, professional community who help people understand things. Some of the other guys are even having their own personal rivalries and I'm very disappoint about that. Can't we all just learn to be kind and courteous like I've always been stressing, people?

@griff

Actually, he inspired this thread. No offense, 'cuz he's so smart, but he got really touchy about that "preventing spam and trolls" topic, if only for one post (which was long, and contained an embeded video). BTW, I thought it was a good idea. Maybe you could just have to go through a few minor contributions, like 10 or so, and maybe a few posts in the forum, before you move to the Entry making stage (It would also thin out any mini raids, as ith would make the process to long for them to handle).

Now now, don't go pointing fingers, Griff. If you feel distraught by someone, keep it to yourself and rage on a pillow or something. Blaming a specific someone for being something bad is quite rude. Even I don't go around shouting, "Hitler was a mofo and all those KKK assholes can suck my dick! I'm a shark!". That's impolite. Try to be kind and courteous at all times. Trust me, you'll be rewarded in the end of it all. So, can we have peace please?

EDIT: inb4 Joe

@Jostin

You reminded me, I must make one comment.

South Park is right. The KKK just looks like people in ghost costumes. How intimidating do they think that looks?

I still can't understand why people get angry on the internet at all.

I mean, it's the internet. If someone insults you they don't really know you, so the insult shouldn't really mean anything.

But whatever.

Also, newbies should be encouraged to lurk a bit and understand how things work so they don't jump into the deep end right away.

Not that we shouldn't be nice and courteous but newbies have to take some responsability.

BONUS: the thread title reminded me of this picture.

I know we're supposed to be nice to newbies, but when someone who's been around for a while makes a thread about something that's been discussed and explained multiple times without first using the search function, that's when you should be annoyed. Now, I know you guys think Tomberry's just raging, or that his temper is too short, but the fact is he's right in most cases. He just doesn't sugar coat it. Of course, flaming other users isn't exactly called for, he does have a point in most cases. Which, inevitably, makes him look like the bad guy.
Do I approve of passive-aggressive swipes at other users? No. Do I approve of the expression of anger toward people who start pointless threads about stuff that's already been discussed? Yes. Why? Because it's already been discussed, and if they took the time to use the search function, and lurked a little, they wouldn't need to start pointless threads. Newbies asking stupid questions is one thing, but when someone who's been around for months asks a stupid question, that's irritating. If they really have no clue, they should use the search function. We shouldn't have to keep telling people this stuff after it's already been discussed.
Now, when someone starts a thread looking for attention, is it okay to be irritated? Yes. In fact, that's perfectly normal. I will say that ignoring it is your best option, though.
Don't be mad at Tomberry, he's just telling the truth. In my opinion, he has every right to be irritated.

i agree i was just stating the fact that tomberry gets angry easy. I wish he wouldn't call me a troll but that's something i really can't stop.

@Blubber

I love that pic! Truly genius.

@Dayne

As always, you truly know what you're talking about. That's a well thought out post you got there and I totally agree with everything you said in it. In those cases, people do have the right to rage.

Tomberry especially has the greatest right to rage when he does because, for one thing, this WAS his old avatar:

Even in this thread, Griff, you got the balls to post a two word answer with no argument put in between.

This is flooding. Even here where you could completely, totally, tell us everything you wanted about me, you posted flood.

You can't see why it's irritating ?

If my whinings didn't make you understand and make you reconsider some of your behaviors, you Griff and some others (you're not alone here) well, that's fine with me. It's the Internet. Do I have any legitimacy in that kind of thing ? Do I have any impact on anyone ? I don't think so.

But, if you're talking about that flass of anger, pointing at my anger issues, that means that some people have felt some guilt, and that it is annoying you.
If you don't want to be bad in reput, don't act like that in the first place.

In the end, you have fun creating tons of threads ? I have fun being some kind of a cockblocker sometimes.
And everything can be explained because I'm French, and Frenchies love to bitch about everything (truth).

PS: Like Shadowfury said, I'm more often using it toward "ancient" usernames, not newcomers.

I had a big feeling that I was going to come off as a finger-pointer. Totally not my objective. I was just making an observation, and you are all right. There are times for understanding, and then there really are idiots who like to be annoying by making useless threads who need to be dealt with. I guess we just have to be able to use our own discretion.

Also, I just thought Flash of Anger was an interesting title; not actually a reference to you, Thomas. Again, 70% of the things I say are observations that trigger real conversation. All in all, I think we should be thankful for all the little twits, because the stupid things they say always start our most interesting conversations.

And yes, I also hate useless threads. I personally just don't get mad over the internet. Now, IRL, I get fucking pissed at idiots. Everything Thomas has said is right, but I truly believe that no one is at fault here accept for the twits. Twits. I really like that word. Twits.

And finally: Griff is, without a doubt, the comic relief of this community. He can be serious when he wants, but he's normally just here for the lols, and sometimes the lulz, but not so much the latter anymore; he's gotten more mature. I actually think he's hillarious sometimes.

Now, I like useless threads.

Really I do.

And since the majority of our users are boys in their mid to late teens, it has to be expected there will be "randum"/useless threads.

But, when you have a thread about memes (holy shit memes!) and it ends up getting drowned by useless threads (OMG snow!, what colour are ur eyes?, etc.) there is a problem.

But that should be cleared up when the new forums roll in.

Bonus points.

• There is no way in Hell Tomberry's real name is Thomas Berryngton. Bull. Shit.
  • Redspear (I refuse to call him anything else) is something all right. I have the sneaking suspicion he's trolling us by not trolling.
  • More threads should be like this one. I like all the discussion that takes more then one paragraph. Even though all my sentences are their own paragraphs, oh well.

OMG Snow! Rofl.

Anyway, thank you for your words of wisdom.

Also, Tomberry even said that that wasn't his real name.
ThOMas BERRYngton
What do the capital letters spell?

It's really a problem when people bump old useless threads that actually shouldn't be resurrected. (Newfags can't triforce)
Reviving pearls is one thing. Reviving junk is not fun.

Steven, I would like to remember a time you did that. ;)

On with the rageing.

If everyone just played nice, this wouldn't happen. We really shouldn't be looking toward one single person but rather the site as a whole for trolling.

I suggest people stop making two word posts. It's just sad.

Unlsess what you were saying is "Deadpool" of course.

@taryn

1. I actually dislike it when people just say "deadpool", but only because it gives less inteligent people the idea they know what deadpool material is, and they go around saying "DEADPOOL DEADPOOL LOL FAG".

2. I've been pronouncing "Taryn" as "tarn" for the past bajillion years. Is it "tarn" or "tah-rin"?

@ tomberry your background as a "Frenchie" doesn't give the the right to be a loud mouthed asshole. It doesn't. im half Irish and im not rude or drunk. so there.

@Griff

Now, now, mah lad. Don't be gettin' ya' britches all up in a knot. Ah doo belive that Tommy is just pullin' ya' leg thar. Besides, all ya bloody Irish pansies can suck mah Scottish dick.

No, I'm only about a quarter Scottish, a quarter Irish, and half German. Really though, we're trying to discourage hate here. If to polite men are arguing over how to be polite, I dare say neither men be very polite.

By the way, that "suck my dick" thing was definitely a joke.

Just because someone isn't joking doesn't mean you have to take them seriously. We all know you are a bundle of fun, nonsense, and systematic chaos. When there truly is a real problem, the admins step in, but they know we are big boys and girls, and we can settle little scuffles like this.

BTW, if Tommy Boy is listening, I/we don't hate you either.

Now, like I said, the dumb-dumbs always begin our best discussions.

It's been about politness. Ya' know, the whole tme. I mean, at least I think.

Maybe.

Or do you mean general etiquite? If so, after this post, you may only post in Brittish accents.

EDIT: No Lanterns. Flashlights FTW.

The point is.

This is the internet.

People will get mad at you for no reason.

Get over it.

That's my opinion. Now, we may get off on a bad foot. I may yell at you and call you a troll. But when I see you're just a newGUY, and not some dumbBUTT troll, then I'll chill, probably apologize, and we can get on with our lives.

For you see, KYM has a troll problem, and such instances are an unfortunate but expectable outcome of said problem.

@ tomberry your background as a “Frenchie” doesn’t give the the right to be a loud mouthed asshole. It doesn’t. im half Irish and im not rude or drunk. so there.

im actually half irish, a quarter scotish, and a quarter german.

I don’t think he is joking.

< Flash of anger >
I'm not joking.
@Redspear your background as a lost teenage geek with some boredom issues doesn't give you the right to fart louder than everyone else here, to write 1-word posts on a forum, to create a topic focusing on YOUR entries and to pretend to be more mature by making us think you're really wanting to help with questions. The darkest waves of omen sarcam are burning up through your posts, even the most educated ones.
Go on, continue to think I'm the asshole. I like it so much.
I have to deal with you so deal with me.
< /Flash of anger >

But yeah, Frenchies are always complaining, and complaining… and complaining. That's a fact here.

We do. We realize it and even recognize it ourselves, mainly.
But that doesn't prevent us from stopping doing it. We became experts in that kind of thing.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!