Kind of self-explanatory. I intended for this to mainly be about fandoms you’re a part of since you most likely know more about it than outsiders, but criticizing large parts of other fandoms is fine.
The Legend of Zelda: This is sort of a bittersweet fandom. They can be so cool and fun to talk with and stuff, but a good portion of them can be outright horrible. One main example is the nostalgia faggotry. Pokemon may be notorious for its “genwunners”, but Zelda is nearly the same. There are these fans who say “Everything after Ocarina of Time is utter shit, no exceptions.” Another example of something I hate in the Zelda fanbase is something very similar to the Sonic Cycle
Every game that has come out after Ocarina of Time has been hated by a certain few until the next big console game comes out and then people complain about that one. In fact, most of the complaints people have for each game on release are usually copy-paste arguments from why they hated the last game (which they now consider a classic when the new one is released for some reason). These reasons are usually:
- Stupid graphics/art-style (WW: Childish / TP: Tried too hard to be edgy and dark. Everything looks the same / SS: Childish. Everything looks the same.)
- Awful story
- Crappy overworld (WW: Tedious and long. Everything is the same. / TP: Empty and boring. Everything is the same. / SS: Tedious and long. Everything is the same)
- Too easy
Majora’s Mask was the only one that had most of its complaints at release that were more unique for that game since the game itself was so unique, but of course, like all the others (except Skyward Sword since it’s still sort of new) it is now considered a classic. Today I even heard someone call Skyward Sword “just as bad as Sonic ’06”. They were totally serious about it too. They didn’t even take it back. This person just kept insisting that was the truth. I know people can have different opinions, but that’s absolutely ridiculous to me.
Sonic: Do I even need to explain this?
Weebs: I’m not even part of this fandom, but god do so many weebs just love shoving anime into everything ever. Sorry guys, you know it’s sort of true for some of you.
Smash Bros: I don’t really hate this fandom. It’s overall pretty good, but I have some nitpicks about a few kinds of people in it.
1. People who treat all the female characters like they’re only in the game for sexual purposes and just make endless porn of them and always talk about how hot they are, etc. etc. Just kind of pisses me off personally. Not sure why, it always does. Maybe I’m Melonlord’s apprentice or something, who knows?
2. People who believe every leak no matter how obviously fake
3. People who circle-jerk and throw out differing opinions. (which is in any fandom really but I’ve noticed lots in Smash). If you try to say anything bad about the character roster at all it’s downvote bombing for you!
EDIT: Wow, I never noticed to what extent I rant about petty internet stuff, but it’s all right here. Incredible isn’t it? This post is complete proof of how I have no life.