Forums / Discussion / General

170,975 total conversations in 5,487 threads

+ New Thread


Annoying Fandoms

Last posted Sep 11, 2014 at 01:45AM EDT. Added Aug 21, 2014 at 09:34PM EDT
57 posts from 43 users

Kind of self-explanatory. I intended for this to mainly be about fandoms you’re a part of since you most likely know more about it than outsiders, but criticizing large parts of other fandoms is fine.


The Legend of Zelda: This is sort of a bittersweet fandom. They can be so cool and fun to talk with and stuff, but a good portion of them can be outright horrible. One main example is the nostalgia faggotry. Pokemon may be notorious for its “genwunners”, but Zelda is nearly the same. There are these fans who say “Everything after Ocarina of Time is utter shit, no exceptions.” Another example of something I hate in the Zelda fanbase is something very similar to the Sonic Cycle

Every game that has come out after Ocarina of Time has been hated by a certain few until the next big console game comes out and then people complain about that one. In fact, most of the complaints people have for each game on release are usually copy-paste arguments from why they hated the last game (which they now consider a classic when the new one is released for some reason). These reasons are usually:

- Stupid graphics/art-style (WW: Childish / TP: Tried too hard to be edgy and dark. Everything looks the same / SS: Childish. Everything looks the same.)
- Awful story
- Crappy overworld (WW: Tedious and long. Everything is the same. / TP: Empty and boring. Everything is the same. / SS: Tedious and long. Everything is the same)
- Too easy

Majora’s Mask was the only one that had most of its complaints at release that were more unique for that game since the game itself was so unique, but of course, like all the others (except Skyward Sword since it’s still sort of new) it is now considered a classic. Today I even heard someone call Skyward Sword “just as bad as Sonic ’06”. They were totally serious about it too. They didn’t even take it back. This person just kept insisting that was the truth. I know people can have different opinions, but that’s absolutely ridiculous to me.

Sonic: Do I even need to explain this?

Weebs: I’m not even part of this fandom, but god do so many weebs just love shoving anime into everything ever. Sorry guys, you know it’s sort of true for some of you.

Smash Bros: I don’t really hate this fandom. It’s overall pretty good, but I have some nitpicks about a few kinds of people in it.

1. People who treat all the female characters like they’re only in the game for sexual purposes and just make endless porn of them and always talk about how hot they are, etc. etc. Just kind of pisses me off personally. Not sure why, it always does. Maybe I’m Melonlord’s apprentice or something, who knows?

2. People who believe every leak no matter how obviously fake

3. People who circle-jerk and throw out differing opinions. (which is in any fandom really but I’ve noticed lots in Smash). If you try to say anything bad about the character roster at all it’s downvote bombing for you!


EDIT: Wow, I never noticed to what extent I rant about petty internet stuff, but it’s all right here. Incredible isn’t it? This post is complete proof of how I have no life.

Last edited Aug 21, 2014 at 09:46PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014 at 09:34PM EDT
Quote

>Annoying Fandoms
>Bronies nowhere to be seen
>What

Last edited Aug 21, 2014 at 09:58PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014 at 09:57PM EDT

“Brogres”: Self-explanatory. Unfunny franchise shoved into virtually everything. Unlike ponies, absolutely nothing redeeming in value. Based off a shitty greentext. Just… no. Go away, neither love nor life, simply cancer.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:00PM EDT
Quote

Pizza wrote:

>Annoying Fandoms
>Bronies nowhere to be seen
>What

I actually think they used to be annoying, but nowadays they keep to themselves for the most part so I don’t really care. As I said, nowadays it’s more weebs who do that.

EDIT: Not at all Pizzaguy

Last edited Aug 21, 2014 at 10:31PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014 at 10:01PM EDT
Quote

Gundam Seed/ Destiny fans

They just can’t seem to accept the fact that the Kira is a huge goddamn mary-sue

UC-Timeline fanboys

Now don’t get me wrong i love the universal century timeline. (0083 and the 08th MS team being some of my favorite anime) They just seem to have an irrational hatred of all the AU stuff.

Bronies

ooo boy im not even going to get into this one. Just know that i don’t hate all bronies, i’d say 60% maybe 70%

Call of Duty fans

Surprisingly i find the fandom that i’m apart of to be annoying. Now i love the shit out of Call of duty, but good god its like the fandom has every single negative gamer aspect you can think of

Abusers
Cheaters
Tourney Fags
Whiners
Squeakers
Internet Tough Guys and so much more

Battlefield fans

I don’t know what it is but they just seem to be obsessed with talking shit about COD, eveytime i go to a youtube video there’s always just a bunch of Battlefield fanboys talking shit. Its really annoying.

metal fans

i love metal, but never will you find a bigger group of elitists than metal fans. They deem any form of metal the don’t like as “not true metal”

If you listen to metal core, then “you’re not a real metalhead”
Metallica isn’t in your top ten “you’re not a true metalhead”
Prefer shit that isn’t ultra Br00tul “you’re not a true metalhead”
you like nu-metal, well then prepare for them to place your head on a fucking stake

Last edited Aug 21, 2014 at 10:18PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014 at 10:11PM EDT
Quote

Is it weird that I’m a brony and I hate bronies

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:19PM EDT

I think in one way I hate all fandoms, but in another I hate none of them. You see, I look at saying “I’m in X fandom” as an excessive extra step up from just saying “I’m a fan of X”. Some people, however, particularly the ones who are already using the former, would claim that these two claims are selfsame. But it does seem like those on the former side are unique in that they end up acting like elitists (as others have already mentioned) towards those who don’t follow the “protocols” of the fandom, as well as developing a set of obnoxious quirks unique to each one.
But in the end it’s just a bunch of people with a common interest getting together to hopefully have a good time, so who the fuck am I to judge? According to my own standards, I should just let them be, except for the ones that are really acting like dickheads.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:08PM EDT
Quote

Alice Der Dämonentöter wrote:

“Brogres”: Self-explanatory. Unfunny franchise shoved into virtually everything. Unlike ponies, absolutely nothing redeeming in value. Based off a shitty greentext. Just… no. Go away, neither love nor life, simply cancer.

“Unfunny franchise shoved into virtually everything.”

Because Bronies have never done anything like that at all, with their “lel so randum xD” humor. Nope.

Last edited Aug 21, 2014 at 11:45PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:44PM EDT

Odd Future Fans
While Odd Future isn’t constant shit, their fans definitely aren’t of my favorite. Some are cool, like the ones on kym, but then they’re some like

of course, they’ve died down since 2011, but still.

Brogres
On this episode of “Taking a Joke Too Far Until It’s Unfunny”….

Superwholock
Basically made out of annoying teenage girls, man.

Last edited Aug 21, 2014 at 11:45PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:45PM EDT

I’m surprised no one mentioned furries on here.

Like, guys, step up your game. We hate each other while everyone hates us at the same time.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:02AM EDT
Quote

-Sonic fans: I love Sonic the Hedgehog, but the fandom is full of manchildren who produce the most cringeworthy content possible.

-MLP: Again, I love the show and used to consider myself a Brony, but hate the fandom now. They (along with the Sonic fans) produce way too much OC, will act angsty occasionally, and the cloppers (I am aware they are the fringe) post their stuff FUCKING EVERYWHERE.

-Furries: The thing that bothers me most is that they claim that if you’re a fan of a series involves anthropomorphic animals (Star Fox, Ninja Turtles, etc,) then you are a furry. No I don’t dress up in a mascot suit and act like and animal, use fandom “in-words”, or draw content of questionable sexual nature, I just like Ninja Turtles or Star Fox. Also that damn OC.

-Competitive Smash Bros./Smogon: when they can’t handle something, they ban it, and cry like a baby when you beat them with a low tier character. They also act like their rules have the highest authority, extending into the non-competitive field too,

-Console fanboys/video game fanboys: Fuck you guys. They act like the console a video game is played on is really that serious, the only thing you have to argue over is exclusives, which you can live without because its a fucking game.

-whatever the newest teen craze is: Now all the fucking 12-16 year olds are posting that shit everywhere, discovering the internet, and about to have their lives ruined by /b/

Aug 22, 2014 at 06:56AM EDT
Quote

Most people already mentioned what I would have, so I’ll just also chock in the Frozen Fandom.

Sure, it’s been a while since it was released, but that doesn’t change the fact that many Frozen fans are still just as crazed as brony zealots, where you can’t even give your honest opinion about how Frozen was “meh” without them all jumping down your throat and going on about how they “can’t believe” you didn’t love such a “masterpiece.”

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:48AM EDT
Quote

oh yeah

MLP – Ok fandom, but ponifying is a shit though.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:54AM EDT

Bronies: If i could sum it up quickly is it’s not the fact that they like something I think is abysmal. It’s the fact that most MLP/Brony related stuff is extremely obnoxious. Reaction images are the worst of all of this. They always look so bloody smug and all I imagine is a fedora wearing neckbeard smelling his own farts when people post them. It’s not the fact I hate Bronies it’s just most are extremely annoying, obnoxious and childish. Like I feel like most of the time I’m talking to the actual target audience of the show.

Doctor Who: This really is at the top of my list of the fandoms. It’s so disappointing since I was a fan when I was young and I watched the older episodes. I liked the new series too. But it seems like with the new series brought the wrong audience. I just hate fans which consists of pre-teen and teen girls that fall in love with the new young doctors and the fans who take the characters and make fan content that is not even slightly close to any themes of the show. But the worst is people who love it because “OMG look at those wacky Brits. ALLONZEEE! GERONIMO! FISH AND CUSTARD LOL”. They only like it for the shitty dialogue and hide the good writing. And I don’t know why but I just find that it should have stayed a thing in the UK and wish it didn’t blow up in America. It just feels corrupted.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:11AM EDT
Quote

oskaraskov wrote:

You won’t though.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:37AM EDT

Lil B wrote:

You won’t though.

he’s sorta right, considering someone downvoted spider-byte

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:08PM EDT
Quote

Deltamelon wrote:

Most people already mentioned what I would have, so I’ll just also chock in the Frozen Fandom.

Sure, it’s been a while since it was released, but that doesn’t change the fact that many Frozen fans are still just as crazed as brony zealots, where you can’t even give your honest opinion about how Frozen was “meh” without them all jumping down your throat and going on about how they “can’t believe” you didn’t love such a “masterpiece.”

i thought i share with you guys that i thought that anna was so bland and unmemorable that at one point i actually forgot her name, despite being one of the main characters.

and the musical numbers were annoying.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:28PM EDT

Deltamelon wrote:

Most people already mentioned what I would have, so I’ll just also chock in the Frozen Fandom.

Sure, it’s been a while since it was released, but that doesn’t change the fact that many Frozen fans are still just as crazed as brony zealots, where you can’t even give your honest opinion about how Frozen was “meh” without them all jumping down your throat and going on about how they “can’t believe” you didn’t love such a “masterpiece.”

Holy hell! I completely agree. In fact, I’m part of the Frozen fandom and I absolutely adore the movie, but the fans can’t stop shoving it in everyone’s faces all the time to this day. If other people don’t like it, fine! I don’t get upset or mad. I can even understand some of the reasons people don’t like it. Not many people are as forgiving as me though…

Also, the fan-art. The fan-art is awful half of the time.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:58PM EDT
Quote

After thinking for a while for a fandom that gets under my skin, I came to the conclusion it would more than likely be the Pokemon fandom. I myself do enjoy Pokemon, at least the games and some of the sub-games, but find so many unappealing things about the fans. The one thing that really disgusts me to an extent would have to be the fan art that not only sexualizes underage characters, but the Pokemon as well! Another thing I don’t understand are fans that worry about continuity and anything in the anime, does it even matter when Ash/Satoshi will more than likely repeat the same god damn events, i.e. never winning against the elite four, except with different side characters and a different region? I think not. Other than that I’m either okay or mixed with whatever the fans do.

Aug 22, 2014 at 01:09PM EDT
Quote

Since we’re talking about annoying and not cringeworthy fandoms I’ll spare the details about the Sonic Fandom and Weebs.

What’s annoying? Fangirls. Be it Doctor Who, Cumberbatch, or Tom Hiddleston or whoever British actor, they can get unbelievably loud and uncontrollable in a passionate sort of way. Like whoa ladies, control your orgasms please. Guys are lewd too but they’re significantly less clamorous than when fangirls get it on, wonder how come.

No offense to furries, but while I don’t see them being abhorrent and they consist of great artists here and there, I can’t help but notice the presence of one. Not in a bad way of course, but yeah… Furry sensors tingle when I see a user doing something along the lines of what the fandom is known for. They’re definitely the least annoying out of the three I talk about here.

As a brony, I actually must say that no doubt about it, Bronies have garnered a bad reputation. Denying it is preposterous. The very thought of grown men going on about liking a little girl’s show is enough to rub people the wrong way and immediately label all the fans as annoying. Lately though I’ve seen that they haven’t been as annoying as they were back then. The fandom has been generally (highly) organized, cleaning up the R34 popping up in unwanted places and as Sam said, keeping to themselves, usually at the wiki or their news website EqD. For being a fandom with a very low social skills ratio in general, you gotta admit what they’ve amassed sure is something.

Aug 22, 2014 at 01:16PM EDT
Quote

The Tumblrites. I can’t stand tumblr’s responses to anything. Post a joke, and they’ll say “I’m dying” or “my sides are in orbit”, or unfunny shit they pull out of their hat. Post any opinion that goes against the SJW hierarchy, and you may as well be public enemy number one. If you aren’t part of a fandom, you’re “fuckin’ weird”.

Tumblr: the land of people bullied in school and come to the site so they can be bullies to others.

Aug 22, 2014 at 01:18PM EDT
Quote

I’m just gonna talk about fandoms in general:

Missionaries: This one shove everything the show has into non-fans throat, they have a missionary complex trying to “convert” everyone into their fandom, the worst part is they get attracted to haters like if it was some kind of challenge, they usually lose they get trolled and start flaming and looking like morons.

Fanatic: To them the show is literally the best show ever existed, prefect writing,visuals… everything. Its easy for haters to bait these dudes, they get quickly offended.

Cringewhorty: They are either attention seekers or fetichists, they succeed getting attention with their shock fanart, they have love/hate relationship with the fandom, openly the fandom hates him, secretly there is a good part that like their fanart that’s why they are popular.

Whiners: From the same instant they joined the fandom they start complaining how the show sucks, how its getting worse and worse, how the fandom sucks, any little change the writers make that it’s not in their way of how the show should would be they start with “Omg this show sucks, I’m quitting this fandom, I’m so done”

Fake fans: They only joined because “it was popular” they really dont care about the show, when the fandom stop being trendy they turn into whinners and/or leave the fandom. If they leave there is a chance they turn into haters.

Cannon fodder: They could be a nice guy or any of the above, the thing is that they are either ugly or weird enough to become negative stereotype of how the fandom is. Today the ugly fat neckbeard with fedora its a prime example to portray mlp, sonic and anime negatively.

To make it worse these are just attributes, there could be mix of two or more attributes, well i think that covers every fandom.

Last edited Aug 22, 2014 at 01:50PM EDT
Aug 22, 2014 at 01:42PM EDT
Quote

KYM Enthusiast: OMG, don’t even get me started. These shitlords think they alone have the ability to rate, control, and create memes. The whole group just disgust me. I wish they all would just-


[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.]

Last edited Aug 22, 2014 at 02:38PM EDT
Aug 22, 2014 at 02:36PM EDT
Quote

Spider-byte wrote:

Bronies: If i could sum it up quickly is it’s not the fact that they like something I think is abysmal. It’s the fact that most MLP/Brony related stuff is extremely obnoxious. Reaction images are the worst of all of this. They always look so bloody smug and all I imagine is a fedora wearing neckbeard smelling his own farts when people post them. It’s not the fact I hate Bronies it’s just most are extremely annoying, obnoxious and childish. Like I feel like most of the time I’m talking to the actual target audience of the show.

Doctor Who: This really is at the top of my list of the fandoms. It’s so disappointing since I was a fan when I was young and I watched the older episodes. I liked the new series too. But it seems like with the new series brought the wrong audience. I just hate fans which consists of pre-teen and teen girls that fall in love with the new young doctors and the fans who take the characters and make fan content that is not even slightly close to any themes of the show. But the worst is people who love it because “OMG look at those wacky Brits. ALLONZEEE! GERONIMO! FISH AND CUSTARD LOL”. They only like it for the shitty dialogue and hide the good writing. And I don’t know why but I just find that it should have stayed a thing in the UK and wish it didn’t blow up in America. It just feels corrupted.

At least the next doctor is older (which his first episode is later today). That will PROBABLY weed out most of the teen and pre-teen girls.

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:24AM EDT
Quote

Sonic takes the cake for no. 1 worst fandom in the world.
A lot of Zelda fans nitpick about every little thing. (I’m a huge Zelda fan myself)
Bronies, when they force MLP into non-MLP things and places. Yeah, we get it, you watch MLP and you aren’t ashamed of it.

So yeah, pretty much what everyone says.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:48AM EDT
Quote

Remember Homestucks.
Homestucks were the worst.

Aug 23, 2014 at 01:15PM EDT
Quote

Bronies, when they force MLP into non-MLP things and places.

But really, what fandom doesn’t invade their passion/hobby/obsession into places it wasn’t invited?

Aug 23, 2014 at 01:54PM EDT
Quote

There are stupid zealots everywhere, regardless of the fandom they belong to. Not only those fans in question are annoying, but they even insult what they claim they support just because of their behavior and their actions. Fortunately most people in fandoms are not like this, but instead they’re mature and sensible enough to respect differences of opinion.

However I can’t stand the Beliebers. Do I really have to say why?

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:41PM EDT
Quote

We all have to agree that the worst fandom is the Slender fandom. No other fandom has real life murders by insane fans attributable to it (well, with the possible exception of Catcher in the Rye, but I don’t think enough people actually enjoy it for it to have a fandom).

But, aside from that, the fandom I hate most by far is the aggressively casual Pokemon/Smash fandoms. They deliberately misrepresent situations (the Pachurisu was there to fucking take hits for the guy’s more viable mons, dammit) and their opponents (Final Destination isn’t even remotely balanced). They insist that obviously unbalanced games are somehow still balanced (no one who’s ever actually played Brawl or Pokemon can claim that Meta Knight and Double Team aren’t as broken as fuck). They can’t grasp that fighting against flawed AI is any different from fighting an experienced competitive player. They constantly force their playstyle on everyone else while having the audacity to play the victim and claim the “turneyfags” are doing the same to them. I can’t fucking stand any of them.

Aug 23, 2014 at 02:57PM EDT
Quote

Not going to lie, but… (if this counts)

Whiny 90s kids.

Holy hell… I can’t stand them, I don’t care if you talk about your nostalgia on a thread created for the specific reason, but if you shove in randomly, then I’ll be pissed.

Aug 23, 2014 at 03:10PM EDT
Quote

Fillerthefreak wrote:

Not going to lie, but… (if this counts)

Whiny 90s kids.

Holy hell… I can’t stand them, I don’t care if you talk about your nostalgia on a thread created for the specific reason, but if you shove in randomly, then I’ll be pissed.

90s kids, you say?

Aug 23, 2014 at 03:15PM EDT
Quote

Every fandom that is fucking annoying, and that’s a lot of fandoms.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:29PM EDT

Well, it may not be anything you guys have really heard of, but in the distant music world, there exists a band called Genesis. And the fandom that follows is broken beyond repair.

You see, the band has a bit of history, and to summarize VERY quickly, when the band had five members, and even four, they produced progressive rock that is still one of the hallmarks of prog rock, and rock and roll respectively.
And when the band split into three members, they started to produce pop and rock songs, which pretty much skyrocketted Genesis into fame. (And actually it has been revealed why they switched, and it was over the fact that they saw prog as a dying form, and they needed to keep moving.)

Well, the Genesis fandom is split into three parts, the three man era fans, the all-era fans (Usually the most sane), and the five man era fans.

Oh god, the five maners. They criticize, and pretty much hate on any Genesis music from the three man era, complain that the five man era never gets air time (Considering that the most popular tunes played on radio are three man era), hate on Phil Collins and all his work, blame the members of the band for ruining the music, etc. And trust me, meeting these people in real life at concerts…it’s not fun.
I know it’s not a mainstream fandom, but the five man era Genesis fans are just annoying and rude.

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 02:23AM EDT
Aug 26, 2014 at 02:20AM EDT
Quote

My 4 least favorite fandoms:

Furries: Furries aren’t that bad because they usually keep to their own fandom, but when Furry Things wander into other places, it can get pretty annoying. To be honest, they are more cringy than annoying.

Weebs: Not that annoying, but they can get annoying when they shove their anime into your face.

Brogres: I like shrek jokes but Brogres are the people who never stop talking about shrek. Once, in an article about a girl being raped, some brogre posted “Looks like she should have checked herself before she shreked herself!” which is pretty messed up.

And Lastly, The Bronies:
Bronies are annoying to me because some of them can’t keep to themselves. Honestly, every fandom has it’s annoying people, but in the brony fandom, there are many more annoying people than sane people. You can’t go to a single youtube comment section without seeing someone talking about my little pony.

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 09:48AM EDT
Aug 26, 2014 at 09:47AM EDT
Quote

I’ll do three:

Blood on the Dance Floor Fans: Hot Topic-ites (not saying that’s a bad thing in general) who think they know shit about electronica (they don’t). Not to mention the fact their singer is a pedo, the band’s incredibly rude to their fans, and not to mention the whole Jessi Slaughter thing. I mean, at least Jeffree Star seems like an okay guy, but these two… ugh. Oh, and they totally cribbed their name from Michael Jackson.

Metalheads: Never in my life have I met a group of people so fearful of change. Metalheads generally only like one or two sub-genres, hate everything else, and will preach to you as to why their sub-genre is superior. Like so much as one nu-metal band (except Mudvayne, they seem to be respected)? Boy, are you in for a treat!

Sonic Fans: …I don’t think I need to explain here. I’m sure everyone’s already covered this to death and back.

Aug 26, 2014 at 04:43PM EDT
Quote

Time for me to pitch in!
FINAL FANTASY FANS: GOOD FUCKING ETRO, ARE THESE MORONS ANNOYING. Every game. Every goddamn game that comes out, a shitstorm erupts. I for one, am sick of them. Sure, there are some decent ones, but I personally cannot stand to look in the YouTube comments because of how ungodly stupid these people can be. Also, whatever game is your favorite (I personally love IX and XIII-2), there is someone throwing a tantrum about it. Just, like the game. Don’t join the fandom.
Sonic Fans: I used to be one, and I cringe thinking about it. I will still play the shit out of Sonic, but I will never associate myself with that fanbase ever again. Its like the FF Fanbase, only multiply the shittiness and add in the fact that OC’s are fucking all over the place, along with Rule 34 hitting the poor blue dude like an Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima.
Pokemon Fans (Namely, Genwunners and Elitists): Fuck these guys. Genwunners whine about a glitchy mess being better than all else, damn whatever is terrible about it. I personally found Kanto, despite being THE FIRST REGION, hilariously forgettable. I almost forgot who the freaking team boss was! Now, your opinion is fine, if Kanto is god-tier to you, then fine. Its these jackasses that shove it down everyone’s throats that I hate. Now, competitive elitists are just as bad. Spam some sets and they think they’ll always win. I’ve unintentionally become able to take down some of the best around simply because they always use the same shit. (I crushed an OU team with a Roserade, Flygon, and Mega-Gardevoir simply because the moron didn’t think to pack a single ice or bug type.) They need some originality for gods sake. Plus, I’m sick of having to kill the same Heatran set over and over.
MLP Fans: I personally cannot stand ponies in any way. I’ve always hated them. I was fine with people liking them, no doubt, but these guys just made sure that I will always wish I had a submachine gun whenever I see a ‘ponyfication’. Spamming ponies EVERYWHERE, overall sometimes being pretty fucking creepy (not all of them, some are pretty cool guys), and just they’ve become so annoying, I generally refuse to even go NEAR something like MLP. Combine this with the fact that ponies are everywhere in the Sonic Fandom too, and you’ve got a huge mess.
And Finally;
SPONGEBOB FANBASE: Look in a comment section of a Spongebob video. 150% guarantee someone is bitching about the newer seasons. KYM isn’t immune either, tons whine about how completely terrible the new seasons are. I disagree in FULL. Yes, there are a lot more shitty episodes and overall it has become a bit hard to watch. But I’ve always got a laugh out of a few episodes. Sand Castles in the Sand was a riot. Enchanted Tiki Island was pretty nice. Squiward in Clarinetland, while trippy and creepy, was also pretty hilarious too. All I can say is, the poor sponge took a beating, yes, but the old humor is not completely gone. Spongebob may have jumped the shark, but from recent episodes and the upcoming movie, I have a lot more faith. Hopefully we can say goodbye to Zeus Cervas too.

Aug 26, 2014 at 05:24PM EDT
Quote

PART FUCKIN’ TWO, BECAUSE I WAS TOO LAZY TOO INCLUDE THESE ONES
Tumblr-tards: Self-explanatory. Bad puns, unfunny jokes, spamming memes (I swear, if I see one more ‘bruh’), and the fuckin’ NEST of those goddamn SJW’s. The biggest reason why I can’t get into Tumblr. Sometimes there’s something funny, and tons of people there can actually make something funny as hell, but nowadays, its like Bubsy’s legacy in terms of funniness.
Weaboos: For the last goddamn time, I don’t know what the fuck you watch, and personally, I couldn’t give a damn. Anime is pretty good and all, but… just these people…
TMZ Fans: Something nobody mentions. TMZ is already the scum of the earth, but then you meet these people who claim that TMZ is borderline a religion. Seriously, I cannot like someone who thinks Kim Kardashian’s shoes are unstylish enough to warrant outrage.
Nostalgia Critic Fans: Don’t get me wrong, I watch the hell out of the Nostalgia Critic. The fans are the problem here. Just look at the comments if you want a daily dose of cringe.
MGS Fans: Like Final Fantasy fans, only dumbed down to a somewhat more tolerable level. At least they aren’t borderline omnipresent in the fanbase; instead they’re more like one out of 1,000. But that one out of 1,000 is an annoying fuck, let me tell you.
And, for real this time, finally;
2MLG4UFOOKENCASULHUE: A.K.A, that overly competitive and loud assfuck. Seriously, someone shut this guy up! Nobody gives a dick that you scored a killstreak, nobody gives a dick that you are good. That kind of shit is annoying as hell. They screech and bark into their earphones and make the game go from a hilarious experience to a night in hell for everyone, ranging from using insane pragmatism to outright cheating in a single minded effort to win. Also, the meme and dubstep spamming. Never welcome. These guys are worse than casual elitists, who insist on playing the game as dumb as possible in the name of fun. I ain’t fun when your oppenent does’nt even bother to fight you.

Aug 26, 2014 at 05:55PM EDT
Quote

Console Fanboys and the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race:

I have my own reasons for picking the hardware I play games on, but I get REALLY annoyed at all of the major sides going at eachothers necks and always butting into eachothers business.

ESPECIALLY the PC Gamer Fanbase. Who’s arguments are generally “PC is most powerful and I can Pirate any console games I actually want.”

… It’s really mostly the amount of disrespect these guys give to the industry as a whole.


Generally Any Fandom that feels it’s Competing with Another Fandom:

Speaks for itself. It doesn’t matter what type of media you enjoy as long as you enjoy it. If somebody else likes a similar but different media, yay for both of them until they get into an argument.

This is most prominent in Character vs Character battle arguments. 99% of the time the battle is never resolved, and it just makes people hate eachother.

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 07:08PM EDT
Aug 26, 2014 at 06:56PM EDT
Quote

Anyone who is a die hard fan of a Let’s Player. Any Let’s Player, doesn’t matter which one.

Now I’m not talking about just any fan; You know the type I’m talking about. the ones who think every single video they post is a gift from Baby Jesus above, and if anyone DARE criticize their beloved letsplayer,even if it is constructive, and polite, they will attack like a rabid dog.

Even when they aren’t being a guard dog for their hero, they’re annoying as hell. You will mainly find them in Youtube comments sections.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:58AM EDT
Quote

Pewdiepie X Tobuscus fanboys. I don’t need to give an example of the comments they put, do I?

Do I?

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:58PM EDT

Slime Cap wrote:

Pewdiepie X Tobuscus fanboys. I don’t need to give an example of the comments they put, do I?

Do I?

I always love a good pewdiepie/tobuscus post so why not.

Aug 29, 2014 at 04:01PM EDT

PKMN Trainer Dyani (Master Trollanort) wrote:

PART FUCKIN’ TWO, BECAUSE I WAS TOO LAZY TOO INCLUDE THESE ONES
Tumblr-tards: Self-explanatory. Bad puns, unfunny jokes, spamming memes (I swear, if I see one more ‘bruh’), and the fuckin’ NEST of those goddamn SJW’s. The biggest reason why I can’t get into Tumblr. Sometimes there’s something funny, and tons of people there can actually make something funny as hell, but nowadays, its like Bubsy’s legacy in terms of funniness.
Weaboos: For the last goddamn time, I don’t know what the fuck you watch, and personally, I couldn’t give a damn. Anime is pretty good and all, but… just these people…
TMZ Fans: Something nobody mentions. TMZ is already the scum of the earth, but then you meet these people who claim that TMZ is borderline a religion. Seriously, I cannot like someone who thinks Kim Kardashian’s shoes are unstylish enough to warrant outrage.
Nostalgia Critic Fans: Don’t get me wrong, I watch the hell out of the Nostalgia Critic. The fans are the problem here. Just look at the comments if you want a daily dose of cringe.
MGS Fans: Like Final Fantasy fans, only dumbed down to a somewhat more tolerable level. At least they aren’t borderline omnipresent in the fanbase; instead they’re more like one out of 1,000. But that one out of 1,000 is an annoying fuck, let me tell you.
And, for real this time, finally;
2MLG4UFOOKENCASULHUE: A.K.A, that overly competitive and loud assfuck. Seriously, someone shut this guy up! Nobody gives a dick that you scored a killstreak, nobody gives a dick that you are good. That kind of shit is annoying as hell. They screech and bark into their earphones and make the game go from a hilarious experience to a night in hell for everyone, ranging from using insane pragmatism to outright cheating in a single minded effort to win. Also, the meme and dubstep spamming. Never welcome. These guys are worse than casual elitists, who insist on playing the game as dumb as possible in the name of fun. I ain’t fun when your oppenent does’nt even bother to fight you.

On MGS, I’ve actually stopped going to comment sections on YouTube whenever it comes to MGS and I’ve done the same for Sonic and I’m starting to avoid Zelda-related comment sections.

I think the main problem with the MGS fandom isn’t entirely the fault of lots of the fans themselves. The actual content itself is partially at fault for breeding assholes and competing factions. Especially now with MGSV, no one can ever agree on anything. It’s always, “Ground Zeroes was too short”, “Ground Zeroes sucked”, “It didn’t feel like an MGS game”, “No it was great, take that back faggot!”, “This game is too serious and realistic, it’s not like MGS at all”, “This game is so damn silly, it’s not like MGS at all”, “David Hayter got fired, fuck you Kojima”, etc. There’s a hell of a lot more where that came from, but listing it would take hours. Also, it’s pretty annoying how just because there was this one big twist in MGS2 some people want to make these ridiculous theories they actually take seriously (one big example was Big Boss not really being Big Boss). Even when people debunk their loony theories to hell and back, they stand by it like the shit they made up is gospel.

The MGS fandom is a 50/50 thing for me. It’s not terrible, but it’s not great either.

Aug 29, 2014 at 06:23PM EDT
Quote

For me it’s basically any videogame fanbase that has a believe that the old games are better than the newer ones. They just won’t stop bitching about it that it’s just plain cringeworthy to be around them. (Lookin at you, Morrowind fags)

Last edited Aug 29, 2014 at 11:07PM EDT
Aug 29, 2014 at 11:06PM EDT
Quote

Minecraft fanboys can be extremely irritating. Many gaming channels on YouTube refuse to do Minecraft videos because of them. We get it guys, you like Minecraft, but there are already trillions of Minecraft videos on YouTube. So please do me a favor. SHUT THE FUCK UP, stop downvoting non-Minecraft videos and stop the endlessly shouting for more Minecraft videos.

Sep 01, 2014 at 05:26AM EDT
Quote

PKMN Trainer Dyani (Master Trollanort) wrote:

PART FUCKIN’ TWO, BECAUSE I WAS TOO LAZY TOO INCLUDE THESE ONES
Tumblr-tards: Self-explanatory. Bad puns, unfunny jokes, spamming memes (I swear, if I see one more ‘bruh’), and the fuckin’ NEST of those goddamn SJW’s. The biggest reason why I can’t get into Tumblr. Sometimes there’s something funny, and tons of people there can actually make something funny as hell, but nowadays, its like Bubsy’s legacy in terms of funniness.
Weaboos: For the last goddamn time, I don’t know what the fuck you watch, and personally, I couldn’t give a damn. Anime is pretty good and all, but… just these people…
TMZ Fans: Something nobody mentions. TMZ is already the scum of the earth, but then you meet these people who claim that TMZ is borderline a religion. Seriously, I cannot like someone who thinks Kim Kardashian’s shoes are unstylish enough to warrant outrage.
Nostalgia Critic Fans: Don’t get me wrong, I watch the hell out of the Nostalgia Critic. The fans are the problem here. Just look at the comments if you want a daily dose of cringe.
MGS Fans: Like Final Fantasy fans, only dumbed down to a somewhat more tolerable level. At least they aren’t borderline omnipresent in the fanbase; instead they’re more like one out of 1,000. But that one out of 1,000 is an annoying fuck, let me tell you.
And, for real this time, finally;
2MLG4UFOOKENCASULHUE: A.K.A, that overly competitive and loud assfuck. Seriously, someone shut this guy up! Nobody gives a dick that you scored a killstreak, nobody gives a dick that you are good. That kind of shit is annoying as hell. They screech and bark into their earphones and make the game go from a hilarious experience to a night in hell for everyone, ranging from using insane pragmatism to outright cheating in a single minded effort to win. Also, the meme and dubstep spamming. Never welcome. These guys are worse than casual elitists, who insist on playing the game as dumb as possible in the name of fun. I ain’t fun when your oppenent does’nt even bother to fight you.

Reads TMZ fans part I bet you watch The Nostalgia Critic.
Reads the next part Yep, I was right.

Last edited Sep 01, 2014 at 05:57AM EDT
Sep 01, 2014 at 05:57AM EDT
Quote

What about anti-fandoms? You know, a fandom dedicated on hating certain shows. Thought I’m not gonna give names, I think they’re as annoying, if not more, than most zealous fanboys out there.

(A lurker here by the way)

Last edited Sep 01, 2014 at 06:35AM EDT
Sep 01, 2014 at 06:18AM EDT
Quote

I think I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that Game Grumps has the worst fandom. At least the worst comments section, since good ol’ Pewdiepie has started disabling comments for his videos. I suppose it’s the price of popularity, but it’s a real shame cus the people that work on that channel put a lot of care into it and the videos to this day continue to be genuinely funny and yet any time I even glance at the comments I become at risk for cancer. Seriously, a recent episode of a game they were playing contained some pretty serious content about suicide so they put an annotation in the intro for a trigger warning about it. I want you to guess for me how many comments there were about that trigger warning compared to comments on the contents of the video. Go ahead. Just guess for me.

Every fandom has its ways of sucking and every fandom has its ways of being awesome, but jesus christ some blow more than others.

Sep 01, 2014 at 06:29AM EDT
Quote

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Bronies, when they force MLP into non-MLP things and places.

But really, what fandom doesn’t invade their passion/hobby/obsession into places it wasn’t invited?

It just appears that Bronies tend to be more obnoxious with it, especially if they MLP in jokes. Plus I think a lot of other fandoms can get away with stuff if the stuff they post is iconic and widely known, rather then say some epic maymay injoke about SparkleSunKiss pony or whatever.

Sep 01, 2014 at 08:13AM EDT
Quote

Greetings! You must login or signup first!