Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

How Do You Follow?

Last posted Aug 23, 2014 at 10:09PM EDT. Added Aug 23, 2014 at 07:01PM EDT
18 posts from 17 users

So basically I'm asking how do you decide who you follow and friend and stuff? For me, if someone follows me, I have it up on my wall that for me to follow back they need to contact me or post something so I can know who they are if I don't already. However, after a week or something I usually cave in and follow them anyways since it kind of bothers me seeing one or two people just sitting in my followers box so my strategy isn't really that efficient. I basically friend everyone. As for who I follow, I'm not too strict on that. If I see you're cool, I follow you. However, from time to time I can unfollow people who don't reciprocate the action and I forget why I even followed them in the first place unless I really like them as a user. Also, I tend to avoid following people with more negative karma given than positive (received I couldn't care less) since it kind of says something bad about their character while received karma could mean nothing other than they have an unpopular opinion. I also don't follow people who don't friend anyone ever or are just really picky and only have 2-3 friends out of dozens of followers.

So, what's your method? Just thought it'd be cool to know.

I seem to be the only one like this, but I'm really fucking picky about the followers I friend. Just like in real life, actually. To this date, I've only done so for one person, and that was someone who I struck up a very long email exchange with a little more than a year ago. I assume no one's taking it the wrong way, but ehh… I don't know.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

I seem to be the only one like this, but I'm really fucking picky about the followers I friend. Just like in real life, actually. To this date, I've only done so for one person, and that was someone who I struck up a very long email exchange with a little more than a year ago. I assume no one's taking it the wrong way, but ehh… I don't know.

Know, I've seen plenty. MIMW is one of them I can think of right now. There was this one user who's inactive now from some time ago who had a massive amount of followers but never friended a single person. It's rare, but there are plenty of you out there. There are also moderate people who only follow like half the people back.

I'm mainly a follow back user just because I belive that having a friend is better than having no friends at all (and I blame the IRC for this habit as well).
If the account is Transformers related then I might automatically follow it regardless the user's activity or posts.
The rest of the users that I follow are what I think are pretty cool/epic to follow (mainly the currently active ones).

At the moment I'm trying to balance the Users-following-me-first to Me-following-the-user-first ratio, though I'm extremly picky on users that I want follow first.

I don't see the reason for following so I just forget about it and continue on. I also am thinking of removing the 3 friends I have on here too, since I don't really see the reason for that either.

I friend anyone who follows me. I follow people I like, but I'll unfollow if they don't friend me after a while.

Now that I think about it, this whole friend/follow thing is kinda pointless, to me at least. It's just for your dashboard, which I never use.

i follow people if they are a new user, or i like them very much (usually both).
I always find joy in welcoming people to this site, a ambassadors pleasure you might say.

Last edited Aug 23, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!