Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Post here once your X-Mas avatar is replaced.

Last posted Dec 27, 2009 at 11:10PM EST. Added Dec 26, 2009 at 12:01PM EST
25 posts from 18 users

@Joe

I've been drumming for well over a year now. The first time I ever used a drum set, I was just randomly doing a bunch of beats and rolls that seemed to sound right. A few minutes later, my friends (now my band members) noticed me and told me I was really good. When I told them that it was the first time I had ever drummed in my life, they told me to study for it. I was only taught by a drummer friend of mine and some self-practice books for two months, but I guess you only really need to know the basics to be a good drummer. From there, I just improvised and got better and better. Basically, it was a pretty average way to become a drummer.

On a completely unrelated note, listen to this guy's version of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen sung in the style of the 25 most annoying voices in the music industry (in his own words):

Nice. I've been drumming for over a year as well, and started for nearly the same reason (friend told me I wasn't half bad). Now I take weekly lessons for drumkit and tenor drums, with Tobin Wagstaff, who will be on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. And me. I am going to be on TV.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!