Forums / Discussion / General

232,895 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
#Gamergate Thread: How did the radical feminists, SJWs and journalism organisations were so successful in presenting their debunked narritive

Last posted Nov 22, 2014 at 11:23PM EST. Added Nov 22, 2014 at 10:51PM EST
3 posts from 3 users

One of the biggest things struck me about our foes is how much power and support they hold over their fabricated, and heavily debunked narrative, and I thought of a few speculative reasons as to why.
(This is my speculation on the issue).

Step 1: Spin the issue into something that no one will question's the issue on:

There are some topics/ideas/views in the world that no one questions, because they believe it is common sense to have this view. For example, no one questions the idea that it was horrific (and it was horrific) for the Australian Government to implement policies purposed to conduct cultural and racial genocide against the indigenous aboriginal people. The view to be chosen was so obvious that they felt that they didn't need to do research to prove that their view was right. This way of thinking is a lot more effective to clueless/ignorant people.
This was the same structure with the issue of harassment, no one will question/look into the idea that harassment is bad because the view to be chosen is obvious. Sometimes smart people might have this view structure and follow this view intelligently, but still too stubborn to listen to reason because of how obvious to them the view they should have on the issue.

So what I believe our foes did was to spin the issue into that sort of structured narrative, so that when clueless/ignorant people hear about gamergate and how the source thinks it's just about a harassment campaign, they will automatically believe it like it's common sense to view it in that way. There was an incident where my mum (who was clueless on the internet and gaming) just heard (and was in the midst of forming her views) about gamergate in a biased demonized way and I had to immediately speak to her that it's a fuck-ton more complex then that.

Step 2 Follow other people's views (as opposed to forming your own view):

There are shit tones of media outlets, video game journalism or not, promoting the false narrative the radfeminists and corrupted journalist groups concocted. I speculate that since there were a lot of video game journalistic websites in support of the rad feminists in the first place, other sites which had not heard of the issue just gone with the common view instead of dealing in an in depth look. Other reasons to not question the issue would be, pressure from our foes or trying to demonize gamergate to cover their corrupt asses since gamergate's focus is combating corruption (which i believe the starting journalist groups purpose was)

This eventually lead the main stream media to mention the bias view of the issue which caused a lot of the ignorant/clueless to formulate the same fabricated view.

Conclusion:

Even though I am disgusted about how they are dealing with opposition that are against questionable practices. Their methods are extremely impressive. You could argue that this is one of the most effective and successful modern propaganda campaigns i have ever seen. They have successfully used factors to formulate a structure for their concocted narrative to make an alarming amount of evidence against it, obsolete. This is beyond Emperior Palpatine's manipulative skills, he had to cover up evidence, These rad feminists and corrupted journalists made the idea of evidence in this subject, obsolete.

Other mysterious factors:

There are still things that mind boggle me though, the fact that bullies from our foes' side are not acknowledged by rational people in their side, some are outright cruel and yet, hardly any members of their side question it. It is possible that they just don't know what harassment in the internet was in the first place and so didn't identify it as bullying, maybe a majority in their side are just trolls or attention whores

How did tumblr become an exclusive hive for SJWs, did feminist groups declared tumblr their home base, did they host websites on tumblr and a heap of the radicals from those feminist groups just eventually merged with the tumblr community?

Last edited Nov 22, 2014 at 11:13PM EST

@Cultural Marxist

You may be an alt but you are still tied to the rules of this site. Follow them, please? I'd hate the idea of having to deactivate you and suspend your main account.

@OP

I'm sorry but you will have to take it here. The other thread is still open, feel free to bump it.

Locking.

Last edited Nov 22, 2014 at 11:25PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!