Forums / Discussion / General

232,894 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

What everyone should be thankful for

Last posted Nov 30, 2014 at 04:06AM EST. Added Nov 27, 2014 at 09:53PM EST
20 posts from 19 users

The ability to understand and recognize your own brain's ability to be thankful for its existence which can not be proven or disproven to actually exist, and the good things you have in your life which may also not exist because your brain cannot comprehend the real world and thus all your sensory organs are creating a false reality that is only a fraction of a fraction of what may possibly exist, if it exists at all.

Nice post, but threads are supposed to be for open discussion, not just putting an opinion out there to float out into the abyss. Let's make this a discussion thread, shall we?

What is everyone thankful for? I personally am thankful for my infinitely entertaining family. Without them Thanksgiving would be the most boring holiday instead of one of my favorites.

Basilius wrote:

The ability to understand and recognize your own brain's ability to be thankful for its existence which can not be proven or disproven to actually exist, and the good things you have in your life which may also not exist because your brain cannot comprehend the real world and thus all your sensory organs are creating a false reality that is only a fraction of a fraction of what may possibly exist, if it exists at all.

>Not memes

Ever since I got dehydrated on a desert I have been thankful for the fact I live in a country with running water, plentiful food and good wealth.

Basilius wrote:

>taking radical skepticism seriously

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!