Forums / Discussion / General

232,593 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Clearing the Air 2.0

Last posted Dec 19, 2014 at 10:47PM EST. Added Dec 18, 2014 at 07:35PM EST
46 posts from 27 users

If you got shit to say say it here and now. Got a problem with someone say it. Got something to say about the site, say it (although i probably already been said before)

Mod Edit: If there are any off-topic posts itt, please just ignore them. No need to derail the thread any further.

Last edited Dec 19, 2014 at 01:40AM EST

Particle Mare wrote:

General Delphox should not have betrayed SAKAMOTO's trust by posting those private logs in #knowyourmeme. I won't deny that it was funny as hell, but it was wrong.

I've actually had a similar experience with me posting some logs on an irc to make someone else look stupid. It fucked up my friendship with the guy in question and made me look like a huge douche in front of everyone else, and I seriously regret the whole thing. Don't do stuff like that, Delphox, at least for your own sake if not Sakamoto's.

People like Mare, Bob and Spider have a hard time accepting that others may have different opinions and beliefs than them and feel the need to try and prove their stance when their is really no need to. Seeing as though a belief and an opinion cannot be factually wrong. (its really fucking annoying)

TripleA9000 wrote:

People like Mare, Bob and Spider have a hard time accepting that others may have different opinions and beliefs than them and feel the need to try and prove their stance when their is really no need to. Seeing as though a belief and an opinion cannot be factually wrong. (its really fucking annoying)

I haven't seen Bob and Mare do it, but I've seen Spider do it to some extent. He says he doesn't see his opinions as fact but he talks like it.

Also, how I see it, with morals and politics there can be some more objectivity. Sure they're still opinions and should be respected usually, but they're more solid and can be proven to some degree unlike opinions on music or entertainment or something.

Last edited Dec 18, 2014 at 07:58PM EST

TripleA9000 wrote:

Opinions and beliefs can be factually wrong.

Particle Mare wrote:

General Delphox should not have betrayed SAKAMOTO's trust by posting those private logs in #knowyourmeme. I won't deny that it was funny as hell, but it was wrong.

Yeah… I think you're right. I just like to have fun and all. I pretty much think of the consequences until much later. Not sure if I got into trouble with this kind of attitude, but I learn from my mistakes.

Beatrice Santello wrote:

My body is ready for your opinions.

Your attitude over the past few days (especially on the pokemon entry) was awful, really awful. I told you via PM but I think this way works too.

Your "IRC/Riff Raff" behavior is becoming a problem, you need to make change or else you will have troubles.

It's always annoyed me a bit when people make Don-related comments on entries nowadays. It's gotten to the point where pretty much every entry that Don created / has editorship to are filled with random comments about him, and I'm honestly just a bit tired of seeing the same Don image, or another use of "you've been memed on!!!!!" everywhere I go.

Last edited Dec 18, 2014 at 08:25PM EST

Loli wrote:

Your attitude over the past few days (especially on the pokemon entry) was awful, really awful. I told you via PM but I think this way works too.

Your "IRC/Riff Raff" behavior is becoming a problem, you need to make change or else you will have troubles.

Like I said before, I learn from my mistakes. Especially those when someone thinks i'm doing something terribly wrong. If you want, delete all those posts that you think is unacceptable, it's the least I could do to undo my mistakes.

@TripleA

Seeing as though a belief and an opinion cannot be factually wrong

I'd say that's only true if the opinion or believe is centered on something that has no real hard facts about it. And in Particle Mare's defense, she always argues facts

@On topic

I just wanna say I'm sorry to people who've I've argued bullshit towards incessantly.

I've come to notice that I seem to love arguing things that I have no real need to argue. Like in this thread for example. That thread was really none of my fucking business.

What KYM writes articles about affects me none and what the entry writers do is not my problem. I don't really have any say in what KYM should cover and nor should I care. I didn't have any facts or experience to even argue and I didn't even believe what I said….

…So after that argument I stopped and though "why the fuck did I do that?". My only conclusion was that I just felt like arguing. I was bored. I wanted the thrill of picking a stance and trying to battle it.

I need to stop doing that. I know I should only argue when I have a real reason and that sort of behaviour affects my reputation. I have no real beef with anybody and I don't want anybody to have beef with me

Last edited Dec 18, 2014 at 08:42PM EST

Well there are a few users who annoy me.

Spider-Byte – Cannot accept other's opinion and has acted like a "Britfag superiority type" on occasion.

0.9999…=1 – Guy is seems like a hipster and his posts seem like he's trying way to hard.

Don – He has accepted his memegod persona (and did not make me a mod in the last update)

I honestly don't have much air that I feel I have to clear right now. None of the users on the forum have been giving me headaches and It's been quite a while since anything I've said in the comments section was met with any malice. I can honestly say that, while far, far from perfect, the comments section situation has improved as far as people's immediate bad reactions to anything social justice related. The Don thing is annoying, but that's really none of my business anyway

@Kraken:
I personally do not hate you. I can't even think of a time you gave me a reason to not like you, so there you go.

@Bionic Kraken

Not really. But sometimes you say things that make you sound like a classical music elitist and that may cause some disdain (but not outright hate)

As a Trance fan, I'll respond to that with repulsion. But that's really just tongue-in-cheek. I don't hate you

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

My main account is ready for the coming hate. Give it all you got, I wouldn't be surprised by the hate I receive.

General Grievous wrote:

My main account is ready for the coming hate. Give it all you got, I wouldn't be surprised by the hate I receive.

yeah this isn't that kind of thread. if you are seeking attention then most people are going to ignore you or tell you to fuck off and leave it at that.

I really have nothing against anyone on this site, as most of the users I couldn't stand have either left or have been banned permanently. And like many had said earlier about the Don comments, what started out as a kind of funny in-joke has just been beaten to death and has even leaked into some of the Facebook comments. And to those of you that have an issue with me, for whatever reason, I'll try to correct mistakes for the foreseeable future.

im just gonna reiterate what some people have said before

delphox stop attention whoring, it has become largely annoying for pretty much anyone, and your riff raff/irc top trolle behaviour is not making you look cool

also stop saying everybody here hates you, im 90% sure that if we all did we would be more vocal about it, insecurities dont help.

Last edited Dec 18, 2014 at 10:37PM EST

General Grievous wrote:

You guys could at least give me your opinions about me when I was last active. I'm serious.

This thread is to discuss problems with other users and the site, not to ask for people's opinions about yourself.

Last edited Dec 18, 2014 at 10:57PM EST

General Grievous wrote:

You guys could at least give me your opinions about me when I was last active. I'm serious.

No one cares. If you want to discuss, feel free to come to the irc instead of further derailment.

Jesus will you people stop using this thread to bring attention towards yourselves. Because when you ask if people hate you here, some of us might really end up disliking you because of your attention whoring.

Last edited Dec 18, 2014 at 10:50PM EST

Everyone seems to be talking about members and tensions between them, but I could really use some clearing of the air regarding the topic of This thread. It seemed like a big-wigs only discussion, unlike this one that feels a bit more open to us users with less-than-mod titles. Seriously, is KYM just another news site? Given the name, I actually agree with Alex Mercer that it's all about memes and entries should have some online significance. Particle Mare thinks that KYM should keep making entries on worldly news despite not garnering enough internet culture and parodies to be considered an internet meme because regardless it still has spread and it satisfies regular readers of the site anyway. In short, should KYM just stick to memes or should it focus more on news as well because that's where KYM gets most of its page views I think.

Last edited Dec 19, 2014 at 01:24AM EST

It's been nearly three years, I can't edit for shit, can't get images, and all I do is comment, and half the time I refrain from doing so cause I'm scared I'll get yelled at. Three years and Senpai KYM has not noticed me.

*Grabs bottle of sparkling cider THREE YEARS. AND I'M NOTHING BUT A SHADOW IN THE IMAGE COMMENTS.

…sorry, rant over….I'll go back to the dryer now…

Last edited Dec 19, 2014 at 01:34AM EST

Some cotton headed ninnymuggins banned my sockpuppet for like 4 hours for no reason, and that made me a sad panda dang it.

I'm sorry I had to use such harsh language, but frick.

I should probably start by responding to your stuff, most of my opinion spouting and defending said opinions is often a joke but a lot of the time it is hard to get across it as that. I will also admit that I sometimes do argue too much, but that's not limited to KYM because I'm just talkative and I do enjoy debate and discussion. I want to make sure that everyone knows that unless what you are saying is insane and near unacceptable, I do actually respect all your opinions and tolerate them. I just like to push your buttons and pretend I don't.

Also the "Britfag" superiority is also mostly a joke. I only ever do it for satirical reasons, but I also like to do it to point out the differences between the US and other cultures. Sure there are some things I think other countries do better in, but for the most part the US is fine. However I find it very hypocritical when people are saying that "The US is the best, fuck everyone else." even if they don't mean it, but when someone else says something similar in a jokey manner, they get extremely uptight and defensive and claim that the person who made the joke is a Euro-superiortist or something.

I don't really have any major problems with people here. That being said, there are a couple of users that visit the IRC I get a bit tired of. People like Loli and Lil B and pretty much everyone who ends up acting like, possibly unintentionally, that they are better then others for simply finding the chat section on the website and who constantly pick out comments etc. just to insult random users. Even if the user says something extremely dumb, something wrong or says something that the general consensus of the IRC doesn't agree with, it doesn't mean you should constantly go completely out your way all the time to bring them to the IRC to insult and jack each other off because your not whoever today's punching bag is. It's made worse by the fact that you instigate by posting generally unfunny comments in response, not as a lighthearted joke but as one to antagonize and be a pain to other users.

I realize I have done this and it is not right. It's not funny or clever either.

@Spider

Well I kinda suspected you were exaggerating. Just commented on it because Triple brought it up. Like I said, sometimes you do sound pretty serious, so maybe try to make the sarcasm a little more obvious through text or something. I dunno, it never bothered me too much so you shouldn't feel obligated to change your mannerisms. It's more your preference and how you want to be perceived by some people who might misinterpret your exaggeration. About the Britfag thing, I feel that's more obviously a joke coming from you. No problems with that, just the personal opinions part. It is pretty hypocritical too when people make the exact same jokes about Murica being amazing.

And you also brought up a good point. The elitism and the condescendingness of the chat can become too much. Sure for the most part cyberbullying is a joke, but it still exists. People still have feelings on the internet even if you don't yourself. Like Spider said, sometimes you really aren't thinking when you go to reply to comments deemed stupid (as I have done many a time without thinking), but just try to be nicer and think first before belittling users passive-aggressively for dumb shit. The aura of hatred there is also kinda obnoxious. Like it's only human to have disdain for some people, but something's wrong when your shit-list of users can fill a book.

@Eternal, Samekichi, Alex, and Mangy

Please try to keep this thread on topic. Saying "I don't have anything to post" really isn't sufficient.

@Spider and Sam

I definitely agree that the IRC can go too far at times when it comes to bashing users or things that they don't like, even to the point where it encourages users to leave the site. Or moderators talking about how they might lock a gallery or use their powers to mess with people just for the shits and giggles. As an IRC user who has participated in these kinds of antics multiple times, this may sound pretty hypocritical, but gradually I've come to see how bad is really is, and honestly things like this shouldn't be allowed in the future, at least when they start to interfere with the site itself.

Last edited Dec 19, 2014 at 07:38PM EST

Particle Mare wrote:

its all good, no harsh feeling, but i'm not going to RP with him again anytime soon.

I dont really like the /S4S/tards. The guys like dreamteampalloza who shitpost all day and dont even keep it in riff-raff. I hate idiots like that. Also, i dont like igorthemii because he is an idiotic shitposter and spammer.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!