Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Born to late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the galaxy.

Last posted Jan 18, 2015 at 01:08AM EST. Added Dec 20, 2014 at 12:41PM EST
20 posts from 17 users

That statement is only true in the present. a Medical breakthrough might greatly increase the life of a single person and allow them to stay alive long enough. Or make it possible to store a person's consciousness and memories in digital form, which could then be put inside a robotic body.

Actually we're right on the verge of getting ready to explore the galaxy. Many different organizations are working on the race to Mars. On top of that, NASA is working on both the Alcubierre warp drive and an engine that would allow ships to move without on board fuel.

Basilius wrote:

That statement is only true in the present. a Medical breakthrough might greatly increase the life of a single person and allow them to stay alive long enough. Or make it possible to store a person's consciousness and memories in digital form, which could then be put inside a robotic body.

by 2018 there can be a drug that could extend your life by 15% by 2050 we could be ageless
cool huh?

Last edited Dec 20, 2014 at 03:12PM EST

While it might be true that we're in an era where there isn't much left to physically explore, there's still a lot of things we can learn about the Universe while we're still here on Earth. Not only are physicists making brand new and amazing discoveries but practically every professional field still has lots left to discover. Medicine, psychology, archaeology, and even mathematics to name a few.

Ogreenworld wrote:

Yea, because people are SOOOO interested in the bottom of the ocean.

Well, with these kind of sea monsters lying within the depths

How can you not be interested? there might be some giant sea monster just waiting to be discovered down there.

Ogreenworld wrote:

Yea, because people are SOOOO interested in the bottom of the ocean.

The ocean has plenty of mysteries to uncover; and we might find chtulu in those dents, you can't really know until you tried so why not?

The problem is, stuff is advancing so fast nobody really knows for sure what's going to happen. Try using a bit of imagination, it makes the future seem way less bleak. Our generation could be the venerable elders that have to rebuild the world after World War 3. Or the ones that survived the greatest [disaster here] of all time. Or solved the environmental crisis. Or brought dinosaurs back to life Jurrasic Park style. Or built the first space elevator.

I think the problem is, our idea of what ancient exploration was like is really inaccurate (it was kinda shitty, if you think about it). And our idea of space exploration is mostly from sci-fi, which is more like the far future. We could be the ones to blow up the moon, I think thats cool enough.

Pls donate to my kickstarter "Blow up the moon".

Doeoeod wrote:

The problem is, stuff is advancing so fast nobody really knows for sure what's going to happen. Try using a bit of imagination, it makes the future seem way less bleak. Our generation could be the venerable elders that have to rebuild the world after World War 3. Or the ones that survived the greatest [disaster here] of all time. Or solved the environmental crisis. Or brought dinosaurs back to life Jurrasic Park style. Or built the first space elevator.

I think the problem is, our idea of what ancient exploration was like is really inaccurate (it was kinda shitty, if you think about it). And our idea of space exploration is mostly from sci-fi, which is more like the far future. We could be the ones to blow up the moon, I think thats cool enough.

Pls donate to my kickstarter "Blow up the moon".

1,000 YEARS LATER…

"Remember when the millenials fucked up the tides and destroyed most of human civilization with raining moon debris?"
"Yeah, those guys were douchebags."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!