Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Why Did You Choose Your Avatar?

Last posted Jan 06, 2015 at 12:57PM EST. Added Dec 27, 2014 at 08:58PM EST
86 posts from 83 users

Sister thread to username one cuz why not? Since avs are usually changed more by people than usernames, just talk about your current one or your last few. Talk about however many you want, all that limits you is how much you think people will actually read your wall and of course the character limit. Many people have a common theme with their avs or can even keep the same one forever.

For me, Fiora is best character (which is a pretty good reason for an av to begin with and is why many choose what they do), and she's basically everything I wish I was and everything I aspire to be. Using her as my av makes me more comfortable and acts as an extension of myself as avatars should be, or rather what I dream I was. It's really deep shit I have a hard time putting into words. It sounds hella cheesy and stupid when I try to explain it, but it makes sense in my head. Ask questions if you'd like.

It all started with a silly thing I did while playing NFS Most Wanted. I decided to imagine the M3 GTR as having a sentient AI that could talk to me – and I really did talk to it mentally. But then I ended up getting too overattached to it, and… well, you know. I really consider it a friend. Maybe I should get out more…

Mine was actually a gift for Smissmas, This guy made a picture for the GamerGate image gallery. I commented that the Anons in the background were halfchan's Anon color, and not 8Chans. After that he replied noticing his tiny error (Which I consider newfriends to h8Chan), I said it was fine and that I still liked it. I Was going to recolor one of them and make them red.
BUT he surprised me with my current avatar, I couldn't thank 'em enough for what they did.

TL;DR: This guy made my day and I cannot repay him for what he gave me.

I've had this one for quite a while now

I always considered Ariel to be kinda like my persona. Little Mermaid was my favorite movie growing up, and I decided I just wanted to pick an avatar and stick with it, so there you go. I've never gotten tired of this one, I quite like it

I've been using this as my background for (almost) every avatar since the first year I joined this website.
Bonus points if you actually know where it comes from.

Most of my avatars are drawings from other people on this site. I use them to show my appreciation.

Here are some of them

Disturbed Pones by Crimson Locks

Disturbed Human Female by Natsuru

Disturbed Maid by Natsuru

Disturbed by Ann Hiro

(Ann, if you are reading this, I don't mean to make fun of you, but I look like a doll. I just find it amusing.)

Disturbed by MedleyManiac

The girl in my avatar is Eris from the webcomic "Olympus Overdrive"
So…Goddess of Chaos.
Full shot:

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 12:38AM EST

Whenever Im bored in school, I draw some Mario characters. Mostly Ludwig, of course. And I draw him always without eyebrows (I don't know why).
And then I came across a photoshoped image of an eyebrowless Ludwig, who looked like just the way I draw him, so I needed to make this my avatar. :D

I never really settle for one profile picture but my current one on this site is Erwin Matsumoto from the anime Girls und Panzer. She doesn't have a rather big role compared to the main character, but she is the commander for the StuG III (One of my favorite tanks) and looks awesome in her jacket + tri-point hat. She stood out to me more as an interesting character. Although my profile picture here is rather outdated compared to my Steam and Skype pictures that have changed several times, so I'm bound to change it.
Also:

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 06:33AM EST

I chose mine because Spider-Man is my favourite hero. But I am also British, so I made my avatar the new character "Spider-UK" (also he is a cross between Spidey and Captain Britain, another one of my favourites).

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 08:01AM EST

Kinda trying to find a new AV at the moment, but for my current one it's simply MTMTE Rung tasting Roller's juice (filled with C32 might I add) in MTMTE #36. Primus I love that comic series.

I just wanted to let people know that I am in a constant state of butthurt, even if my posts have a neutral tone or even seem reasonable at times.

Last edited Dec 28, 2014 at 06:34PM EST

I've watched Boxxy on Youtube and the video just stopped at the exact scene where I eventually used it as my avatar as is. Might change it soon.

Last edited Dec 29, 2014 at 02:13AM EST

Was playing Starcraft 2. Saw option for putting ghost as avatar in the game. With the whole nightvision looking setup going on, helmet, decided I liked it so went ahead and maded it avatar. Also, ghosts are some pretty cool cats, so there is also that too.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!