Forums / Discussion / General

232,725 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Tell me one thing you love that others hate

Last posted Jan 08, 2015 at 02:26AM EST. Added Jan 04, 2015 at 10:12AM EST
24 posts from 22 users

I like the valley girl stereotype for some reason… The obsessions with the mall, the speech patterns… Of course I don't like negative parts like the stupidness and the cattiness.

I was somewhat surprised when I saw so many people wanting to bomb the state of California on any video about them. XD

On a serious note, I don't agree with abortion, and I used to think most good people agreed with me….

But then I saw all these people who I liked and respected supporting abortion, and all these people thinking it's ridiculous to think abortion is killing a baby.

…. Makes me feel kinda bad about myself. Like I have the wrong opinion.

Last edited Jan 04, 2015 at 01:23PM EST

Ticklechap Crispybottom wrote:

Isn't this kind of like the unpopular opinions thread, which is still going?

I think it's just different enough. Certainly similar, but more for people who don't feel like getting pissed off.

At first I thought I didn't have anything, but I was just looking at another thread and remembered.
The KYM Comment section- that's where I got my start on this website before I discovered the forums, and I still go there fairly often. A lot of people, especially the really old users, have this idea that it's god-awful and horrendous and so on, which really just boggles my mind. Instead, I think it's actually one of the best across the entire internet (at least with this kind of "general" site), and certainly the best I've seen for whatever that's worth. Is it perfect? Of-fucking-course not, not even close. But remember, this is a place that literally anyone with an internet connection can join in less than a minute. Realizing that, it's practically a miracle just how cool most of the users are in dealing with other opinions. I've had a lot of fun there over the last two years.

Well…. This thread is specifically for talking about things that you like that nobody else doesn't… The other thread is for ALL the opinions you have that isn't popular….. So we could move all our posts to that thread, but we couldn't move some of the posts from the unpopular opinion thread to this thread if it wasn't talking about things you like that other people don't.

SHIT I GOT NINJA'D

Last edited Jan 04, 2015 at 02:16PM EST

I actually enjoyed Gone Home

Granted, this was before all the GG controversy came and removed any chance of it ever being taken seriously, which I think is really unfortunate because I believe "games" like that are the next step in the medium being taken seriously as an art form. Hell, it might even be an entirely new medium of interactive story telling, halfway between movies and video games. I don't get why so many people seem to think that's a bad thing.

The Twilight Saga & Superman 64.
I don't know which one will get me shot first.
With Twilight, even though I know the characters are kind of fucked up, (especially Edward) they're fucked up in the right way for each other. Their romance feels very real to me. And there are some genuinely suspenseful moments.

Superman 64 just takes some getting used to.
I know that that's a mark of a bad game. A good game should bend to the player instead of making the player bend to it.
But S64 is worth it.
The time limit starts to become more forgiving, you start to see more variety, & some of the missions are a lot of fun.
And I guess it's partly because I like it ironically. There are some really amusing glitches and stiff animations. It's like the videogame equivalent of the Room.

I would mention Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, but I've already mentioned that. So I've came up with this one.

I saw the original one, but I never quite got the humor or the plot that much (mostly because I was too young to understand it). This one however made me laugh a lot. Also I thought the plot and the solution to the mystery was more interesting. Also I enjoyed the sequel as well, though not as much as the first.

I think Toad from the Mario games is really cute. Everyone else seems to find him annoying. As long as his voice isn't made to sound like he inhaled coal dust mixed with helium, he doesn't annoy me a bit.

I'm surprised they went with that voice, though. I personally prefer how he sounded in Mario Party 3.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!