Forums / Discussion / General

232,752 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Moot retires from 4chan

Last posted Jan 21, 2015 at 05:16PM EST. Added Jan 21, 2015 at 12:07PM EST
7 posts from 6 users

today, Moot announced he will step down as admin of 4chan and let other people take place

you can read his blog post here

"That foundation will now be put to the ultimate test, as today I'm retiring as 4chan's administrator. From a user's perspective, nothing should change. A few senior volunteers--including 4chan's lead developer, managing moderator, and server administrator--have stepped up to ensure a smooth transition over the coming weeks."

"I'll need time away to decompress and reflect, but I look forward to one day returning to 4chan as its Admin Emeritus or just another Anonymous"

" I'm humbled to have had the privilege of both founding and presiding over what is easily one of the greatest communities to ever grace the Web"

Whoa! Wat? He's quitting just like that? I wonder what else he has planned up his sleeve. He must be moving on to something big if he's leaving the role that placed him on Time 100 and gave him the title "the most influential web entrepreneur you've never heard of."

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Whoa! Wat? He's quitting just like that? I wonder what else he has planned up his sleeve. He must be moving on to something big if he's leaving the role that placed him on Time 100 and gave him the title "the most influential web entrepreneur you've never heard of."

Simple statement to explain why he left:
"People change."

@Minty: Yeah, I guess that basically sums it up well. He said he was going to quit like 5 times already, didn't he? I can only imagine what 11 and a half years at that place would do to you. lol. Anyways, already updated the Moot and 4chan articles.

…Staying ahead of the game. B-)

Last edited Jan 21, 2015 at 01:38PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!