Forums / Discussion / General

232,594 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Things that you find offensive.

Last posted Feb 02, 2015 at 07:14PM EST. Added Jan 25, 2015 at 06:19AM EST
77 posts from 45 users

There comes the time where you find a thing so tasteless, disrespectful and cruel, that you just can't even.

Now, fellow users, tell me what things do you find offensive.
I'll put some mine examples:

-Death threats
-Using autism as an insult.
-Insulting or disrespecting war veterans and victims of something horrible
-Any kind of racism and sexism

Psychicpebles.

So tasteless in his works that they are not funny, For example STRONK. You can see why i don't like Psychicpebbles.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 06:24AM EST

-Hate art/killing art of fictional characters. I'm looking at you, Johnny Test hating bandwagon.
-Using autism as an insult just to be cool/edgy/special. Especially when it comes to Sonic, MLP, and Minecraft.
-Rabid fans and rabid haters.
-Cisphobist and Acephobist.

Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire wrote:

There comes the time where you find a thing so tasteless, disrespectful and cruel, that you just can't even.

Now, fellow users, tell me what things do you find offensive.
I'll put some mine examples:

-Death threats
-Using autism as an insult.
-Insulting or disrespecting war veterans and victims of something horrible
-Any kind of racism and sexism

I agree with the autism one. To expand upon that, I still don't like it when people say retard and faggot as insults, but people saying it all the time has gotten me kinda desensitized….

"Offensive"? Honestly nothing. I try not to let things get to me that deeply.
What bugs me on the other hand,

- People who seemingly seek out things that disgust them on purpose, then complain about it.
- Bias one sided circlejerks of any kind
- Obsessive fans

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 09:20AM EST

- Trans jokes. This usually depends on my mood. Sometimes I laugh at them a lot and make tons myself but on some days I refrain from making them and they can kinda sting. Overall the amount that they offend me depends on the person making them. Because some people who make them are totally joking, while some use them pretty seriously and actually believe in what they're saying even though it's meant to be funny.
- Thinking religion needs to be eradicated or is a disease, etc. You know these shitheads.

People who seriously use gay insults. I get that fag is pretty much a suffix equivalent to "person" online, but when people use it seriously as an insult, I'm half offended and half amused that that's their best. Similar to what Sam said about Trans jokes.

People taking shit into real life. Sending hate online is pretty bad. But harassing people with phone calls, mail… not cool. And "swatting" streamers too. Like, what the actual fuck. That's just dumb.

The mass hypocrisy of the vast majority of SJWs of Tumblr.

And yeah, Autism jokes. I know a couple aspies and they're 2 of the best people I know.

Using autism as an insult. Just remember, autistic people are smarter than non-autistic people, you jealous and edgy bigot.
Using gay as an insult.
Just like Jimmy said, Tea Party Republicans.
Antisemitism.
People who think anything that's a little racist or sexist is okay.
Using liberal as an insult.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 03:35PM EST

When a person's sex life is used to judge or hate on them. "The only Unnatural sex act is the one you can't do". I know several people who have used what someone did with their genitals to attack that person, while they are into something equally as weird. everyone has fetishes so why judge them for that? if everyone participating is consenting who cares what people do?

Certain special snowflake jokes. Like, ones that mention more well known sexualities/ gender identities like bisexual, pansexual, and genderfluid… I'm not saying SS who use these sexualities don't exist, they certainly do, but I still feel like by using those identities they end up unintentionally saying all people who identify as those are attention whores. :/

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 04:28PM EST

Old Man GigaChad wrote:

-Breaking the third commandment
-Racism/sexism
-Homophobia
-Child abusers
-Disrespect of veterans
-The NRA

Excuse me. What's NRA?

- The KKK.
- Fandom generalizers.
- People complaining about what's overrated/mainstream.
- Bigotry peoples.

Gary Mychalkin wrote:

Excuse me. What's NRA?

- The KKK.
- Fandom generalizers.
- People complaining about what's overrated/mainstream.
- Bigotry peoples.

You don't know what the National Rifle Association is?

People who are too easily offended. (Well, it's really more of an annoyance.) Especially by jokes where they don't seem to realize that the whole point of them is to shock. I say that as someone with autism spectrum disorder- we don't need you to defend us in this arena, but I will keep my insults directed at the joke-teller's intelligence armed and ready in case said jokes are shit. (Oh yeah, and speaking of insults, it does piss me off when the word is used that way.)

Sam said:

Trans jokes.

Uh… those exist?

Where?

Hipster Bowser said:

People who seriously use gay insults. I get that fag is pretty much a suffix equivalent to “person” online, but when people use it seriously as an insult, I’m half offended and half amused that that’s their best.

By law I have to post this in response to that.

@0.9999…=1
"Don't seem to realise that the whole point of them is too shock"

That does not change a thing. It is still very offensive.

The Old Testament --
If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Slaves are to be under the control of their masters in all respects, giving them satisfaction, not talking back to them or stealing from them, but exhibiting completely good faith, so as to adorn the doctrine of God our savior in every way. (Titus 2:9-10 NAB)

The Qur'an --
2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

2:216 Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 06:36PM EST

DCS WORLD wrote:

@0.9999…=1
"Don't seem to realise that the whole point of them is too shock"

That does not change a thing. It is still very offensive.

Really? So you don't think there's any difference in the intent between your average stand-up comedian in 2015 telling a racist joke and a guy wearing a white hood and holding a burning cross in 1920 doing the same?

0.9999...=1 wrote:

People who are too easily offended. (Well, it's really more of an annoyance.) Especially by jokes where they don't seem to realize that the whole point of them is to shock. I say that as someone with autism spectrum disorder- we don't need you to defend us in this arena, but I will keep my insults directed at the joke-teller's intelligence armed and ready in case said jokes are shit. (Oh yeah, and speaking of insults, it does piss me off when the word is used that way.)

Sam said:

Trans jokes.

Uh… those exist?

Where?

Hipster Bowser said:

People who seriously use gay insults. I get that fag is pretty much a suffix equivalent to “person” online, but when people use it seriously as an insult, I’m half offended and half amused that that’s their best.

By law I have to post this in response to that.

Taryn wrote:

The Old Testament --
If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Slaves are to be under the control of their masters in all respects, giving them satisfaction, not talking back to them or stealing from them, but exhibiting completely good faith, so as to adorn the doctrine of God our savior in every way. (Titus 2:9-10 NAB)

The Qur'an --
2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

2:216 Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

>tfw I have to deal with verses out of context.

The Quran verse(2:193) was made at a time Mohammad (saw) declared war against the Quraish tribe after a long period of assassination attempts by the Quraishis. It is called The Battle of Badr. And you see the Quraishis would honestly be described as criminals with authority so the "death or Islam" choice was really a win-win situation.

As for (2:216), You got offended by something so vague?
@0.9999…=1

Yes. That is exactly what i am saying.

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 07:24PM EST

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Not quite. "Tranny" is the slang shortening of trans-vestite, and is only rarely (incorrectly) used to refer to transsexuals. Those jokes on that page seem to correspond to the former meaning.

Welp, guess I'll have to look again.

I'm not "offended" by anything but if I have to choose one thing that grinds my gears is the choice of not vaccinating your child. I mean sure, people have beliefs, but it's just going to add to the spread of germs

-Parents that force children into religion
This is awful, just because you were raised in it does not mean your children have to be, they have a right to choose what they want. Its even sadder when the child is oblivious and accepts the religion without making his own philosophy
-Retarded Jokes
Its an awful thing to say period.
-Nigger or Nigga is a black word/ its ok with an "A"
No, a white man made it and no you're still a piece of shit

Last edited Jan 25, 2015 at 08:05PM EST

- Racist Mario. Fuck that video, I hope that shit burns in hell.
- Hardcore SJWs. Hell, I hate wishing death on people, even people like that fuckwit Bieber. Everyone deserves to live. Except for these toxic pieces of shit. Mostly the extreme ones who fucking think skin color is the defining factor of a human being and celebrate MASS GENOCIDE OF WHITE PEOPLE. Seriously, at this point, I think that some of the worst of them can't even be placed in mental asylums. Some of them just flat out need to die.
- Taking a joke too far.

Uh… those exist?

Where?

Like Girlie showed, it usually involves "lol trannies amirite?" And I don't really agree from what I've seen that the word is used when referring to drag queens. It usually is used by people who don't know the difference between transgender people and transvestites. I guess the word "tranny" itself is something I'd add to the things that offend me list under the overall trans jokes thing. The word overall makes me uncomfortable since a huge majority of the times I hear it are not in positive situations. I'm not heavily offended by it and I try not to be bothered by it in situations when people don't mean harm, but it still kinda irks me even if I don't want it to. I don't use the word myself really unless I'm talking about the actual word like here.

Speaking of words, like some people have said above, nigger is pretty much bad always unless you're talking about it like I am now. Niggah is usually okay depending on how you say it. I'm not gonna say white people shouldn't say it, it's more people white on the inside shouldn't say it. Like if someone has white skin but is very "black" in how they carry themselves and they say niggah I usually don't even think about it at all. But if some awkward pasty-ass white person says niggah I cringe and suggest they stop.

Taryn wrote:

The Old Testament --

The Qur'an --

Hebrews 8:7 – 13: "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away."

Nothing in the Old Testament is considered Biblical law anymore. It's all been obsolete for over 2,000 years. (Especially Leviticus. Fuck that shit!)

Taryn wrote:

The Old Testament --

The Qur'an --

-When people take biblical and Qur'anic verses out of context

Snickerway wrote:

Hebrews 8:7 – 13: "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away."

Nothing in the Old Testament is considered Biblical law anymore. It's all been obsolete for over 2,000 years. (Especially Leviticus. Fuck that shit!)

ahem

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

Ephesians 6:5-6

And Snick, I also find it very offensive that you've completely ignored the existence of Jews.

Nothing in the Old Testament is considered Biblical law anymore. It’s all been obsolete for over 2,000 years. (Especially Leviticus. Fuck that shit!)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

-When people take biblical and Qur’anic verses out of context

Please give me the context that justifies God condoning wrath and slavery.

Guys, Please don't derail the thread into a religious debate.
Also Taryn, Islam actually encourages its followers to free slaves, but again, that's for a different discussion.

Last edited Jan 26, 2015 at 02:30AM EST

In the Internet I have problem with anti-islam comment (which I try to avoid)
While in real life, I have proplem with anti-semitic

There's one girl said:
"If there's a good jewish, he/she is will never be jewish"

Her logic is that every jewish automatically evil.

Joseph Zenizhiv Green wrote:

In the Internet I have problem with anti-islam comment (which I try to avoid)
While in real life, I have proplem with anti-semitic

There's one girl said:
"If there's a good jewish, he/she is will never be jewish"

Her logic is that every jewish automatically evil.

i can totally understand that. There's a lot of anti-semitism going around mostly because of the hate against Israel. Just because the country's government did something that you think is bad, that doesn't mean all of the people and their religion is equally bad.

I know a guy who have autism. He's very talented in music and moding games, he has many knowledge and valid opinions for a lot of things, and he's one of the kindest and friendliest people I've ever met. I think that's a good enough reason for me to get offended by the "you're autistic" insults.

Last edited Jan 26, 2015 at 05:28PM EST

-Any kind of joke to do with the Hillsborough disaster. Since I come from Liverpool even the slightest humorous remark on it will have my blood boil. I know this is mighty hypocritical since I will make jokes about 9/11 all day. Guess its true that when it affects you, it seems like much more of a major deal.
-Any kind of 'kill yourself' insults. Thats just not cool
-General Sexism and Racism. But thats normal for a normal person isnt it?

Last edited Jan 26, 2015 at 05:17PM EST
  • Anti-fandoms. How bitter do you have to be to get mad at other peoples enjoyment?
  • Anytime someone wishes somebody else harm. People who do this make me nervous, especially with how often I see it happen online, like it's just a normal thing to say.
  • Overzealous advertising. Since the moment I first left the hospital as a baby I probably haven't gone a day without passing a fucking ad. I'm sick of people trying to sell me shit.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

ahem

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

Ephesians 6:5-6

And Snick, I also find it very offensive that you've completely ignored the existence of Jews.

The full title of the book of Ephesians is "Letter to the Ephesians." It was written by Paul, and was never intended to be the word of God. Naturally, being a person living 2,000 years ago, Paul had very archaic values; thus, his statements aren't necessarily relevant to Christians today.

As for "ignoring the existence of Jews," I didn't mention Jews because I am not a Jew and thus cannot speak for them.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

You're quoting things out of context yet again. The rest of the Sermon on the Mount basically consists of Jesus saying "the old saws are full of shit, I'm changing them." Examples:

"“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

"“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven."

Et cetera et cetera et cetera.

That's my rebuttal. Make your own thread if you want to continue this, because it's derailing the thread pretty badly.

Last edited Jan 26, 2015 at 07:34PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!