Forums / Discussion / General

232,895 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

What makes a person an edgelord?

Last posted Feb 25, 2015 at 01:09PM EST. Added Feb 23, 2015 at 09:36AM EST
19 posts from 16 users

In case you don't know what im talking about edgelords are those people who try hard to be edgy. I believe that shit like, rooting for mass killings, being a neo-nazi just because, saying shit like "morals are fur dumb hoomans". I think these things make people tryhard edgy as fuck.

Ticklechap Crispybottom wrote:

Sounds like the term shoud be 'Huge Fucking Faggot'.

Aren't edgelords usally kinda pessimistic and/or nihilistic as well?

USUALLY?!

Last edited Feb 23, 2015 at 12:10PM EST

I think there's a connotation of a certain kind of pretentiousness that goes with the term. They'll think a book/movie etc is a masterpiece just because it's really depressing and disparaging against people and the world in general. Something like this, for example:

to me an Edgelord is someone who is overly pretentious and throws themselves at "dark" styles such as emo or punk stuff. dying their hair black, wearing black, and chains. They go around trying to be dark and brooding but come off as pathetic idiots who have no idea what is dark.

they will rant about how they plan to kill you and claim to be sociopathic, (a real sociopath wouldn't threaten, they would just fucking kill you), trying to act cool and dark when they come off more as just a whiny brat.

I think its worse depending on the age, middle schoolers are the worst when they try to be edgy,.

overall just a whiny brat who thinks by being "dark" and "brooding" they can be cool and special when they just look like a fucking idiot.

Guess I'll pitch in my two cents. Though I'm fairly certain a few of you, specifically OP, may have already branded me as one of "these" for one reason or another~

What makes a person an "edgelord" as you call it is a person who purposely does or says things that are out of the norm solely for the sake of being different and "cool" for not going with the flow.

In response to various above claims, being pessimistic or what not doesn't necessarily mean a person's trying to be "edgy". Having a negative and dark outlook on situations and life, for some, isn't some sort of act to show the world how cool you are, it usually means the person's depressed and/or legitimately jaded, or doesn't take the feelings of others into account since the topic in question doesn't personally bother or affect them.

It's one thing to list those kinds of dark thoughts and feelings in a place where those types of topics are encouraged and open too. However it's another to run around and openly express those unwarranted thoughts and feelings everywhere you go, especially when you're doing it for the sole intention of getting people to notice and respond to you. THAT'S when a person becomes an "edgelord". Double points of said person decorate themselves to stand out in a way that makes them vastly different than everyone else, mainly the typical "dark and dangerous" getup.

Last edited Feb 25, 2015 at 12:32AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!