Forums / Discussion / General

232,778 total conversations in 7,784 threads

+ New Thread

Have you ever thought about what would happen if you died?

Last posted Mar 26, 2015 at 08:55PM EDT. Added Mar 21, 2015 at 02:19AM EDT
24 posts from 23 users

Not too often. I'm pretty secure in the fact that I'll be missed by my friends and family. As to what effect I had on the world or people I didn't think I would, it's hard to say.

I think as you get older, you realize all of the stuff you've done (or haven't done), and you come to learn how much you mean to the people around you. You've had time to do things in and for the world, and you've had more experience with your loved ones to know they care about you deeply. It's not something you can immediately grasp when you're able to grasp the reality of the world continuing to turn after you die.

It's sorta like being as smart as you'll ever be as a teen without having the experience most adults have.

To be frank, it's not my problem. It's sad that sad things like death have to happen, but when everyone is grieving I'll be dead, so I won't even be capable of giving a fuck.
Until medical science comes up with some way to make immortality a reality, we're all gonna die so we should just accept it and get on with living our lives while we have them.

Well, for one, I don't have a will written up, seeing as I'm 20, so My stuff goes to whomever. And I hardly think I'll be missed. My dad's an asshole, so I don't care what he thinks, My mom, Older and Younger Brother, and Sister would mourn me, along with AssDad, but fuck him. My friends would miss me as well.

If I died right now, I'd be just another brick in the wall.

My death probably wouldn't affect the world in any way. I just wish that when I'm gone, somebody thinks that I wasn't that terrible of a person.

Every time before I go to sleep. I know I'm aware of what I feel at the moment and what I'm thinking about, but then I wonder what it feels like to lose that sense and become nothing.

I mean, you all know what it feels like to think that you are the only person in the world who is self-aware of everything that is happening, but we rarely think of what will happen in the future once we die. What will happen to our conscience? What will it be of us?

I don't know… things like these make me wish there was a life after death…

The only ones who may naturally feel sad are close friends and family, other than that I would be like anyone else and just fade away. Nothing would change without me, and those close to me will just get on with their lives at some point, and honestly I prefer it that way. I always live life like a quiet shadow, blending in the background where nobody will notice, why should death be any different?

Last edited Mar 21, 2015 at 12:11PM EDT

I have. For me, it's a question of "Who would miss me if I was gone?" My close friends and family would probably miss me. When I think of this, I think of the Banksy quote: “I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” It's a scary thought. Maybe my contributions to society won't be enough to be remembered. I try not to dwell on the future, though. I take it one day at a time and go from there.

It's actually something I think about a lot. It may sound weird, but thinking of how my death would affect people is very comforting to me, particularly if I were to die now. I think about how much my boyfriend would miss me (I actually had a dream recently that I died and followed him around as a ghost and he committed suicide to be with me, it was freaky), and how much my immediate family would miss me too, particularly my little brother. I sometimes think about how my friends would react too. I also wonder what would become of my art. Personally I would wish for it to be sold and have the money put towards supporting my family and/or being put towards charity, but I imagine my family wouldn't be able to bring themselves to sell my work so they might just keep it and store it somewhere.

More than anything, I would love to be able to observe the world as a ghost when I die. Not only to see what becomes of my loved ones, but just to see how the world changes and evolves.

Last edited Mar 22, 2015 at 06:34PM EDT

I want to go out remembered.
Like, I want people to remember me when i die for generations to come. As for the afterlife, it'll be my ultimate fantasy. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if immediately after I died, I would really be able to ride Latios in my own personal world. T'would be a blissful existence.
Honestly, I have so much to accomplish in life, I'll go out as an exon, as "That guy who did it". And I'll be remembered just like Jimmy up there will be,
As one swood guy.

If I went, and depending on when, I'd either have my family grieving over my demise at a young age or my children, grandchildren, and such grieving over me. Either way, I'd have tried to be the best person I can be to them, teaching them to be accepting of everyone that deserves a right to live, and to teach that to their kids. Although I do know people that would actually celebrate my death, I can easily say the people that will be affected by me in a good way is more important.

As for afterlife or such, I hope to be reincarnated in some way or form. As anything other than a plant.

In fact, yes, to the point where I have panic attacks.

Coming from a Chinese background, I do believe in some certain Buddhist or at least Chinese religion elements.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!