Forums / Discussion / General

232,747 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Taryn's quitting

Last posted Feb 20, 2010 at 01:56PM EST. Added Feb 20, 2010 at 01:04AM EST
11 posts from 10 users

Unfortunately, on IRC earlier, Taryn said he'll be spending his internet time on the Rooster Teeth website instead of on KYM. So, technically, he's quitting the site for now. I actually feel rather guilty about it because I think I may have triggered his leaving the site.

-------

Here's the convo:

[23:13] to be honest, Taryn, i find you much more annoying than when Griff was trollin us
[23:13] That's the point
[23:13] <Shadowfury> "I hate everything, now listen to me while I list everything that I hate to derail your conversation." [23:14] <Jostin> Shadowfury: exactly [23:14] <Taryn> That's the point. [23:14] <Shadowfury> To piss everyone off?
[23:14] What the fuck do you think trolling is?
[23:14] "Guys I am going to troll you after you finish your convo."
[23:14] "Please go on."
[23:15] <Shadowfury> So what you're telling me is that you don't intend to positively contribute to any conversation and that you're only here to troll? [23:16] <Taryn> Right now I'm supposed to say yes, and you would ban me or something like that right? [23:16] <Shadowfury> It's up to you.
[23:16] i doubt even Taryn wants to be b&d
[23:16] he hates being b&
[23:16] <Shadowfury> Nobody likes being b&. [23:17] <Taryn> What if I don't answer? What if I lie? What if I don't care? These questions boggle me. [23:17] <Taryn> The point is you would probably b& me either way. [23:18] <Shadowfury> I don't want to b& anyone.
[23:18] Taryn: yeah, "what if" questions are the kinds of questions that interest me the most
[23:18] But that's where your stuck, is it?
[23:19] <Shadowfury> I just don't see why you would troll us. [23:19] <Taryn> I have no intention to troll KYM [23:19] <Taryn> KYM is great at some points. [23:19] <Jostin> the KYM IRC, he means of course [23:20] <Taryn> The IRC has no places to go, exactly, you either go with the convo, or you stfu. [23:21] <Taryn> So I would rather amuse myself then stfu. [23:21] <Shadowfury> Or you could leave.
[23:21] That is not always the case, however.
[23:22] I am someone who does not have many friends on the internet.
[23:23] <Shadowfury> There's no shortage of entertainment on the internet. You could always just google something for instant entertainment. [23:23] <Taryn> I do that anyway, I just like to talk to people. [23:23] <Shadowfury> Then talk, don't troll.
[23:23] Taryn: even to the point of them not liking you as much as they probably should
[23:24] trolling is never the way to friendship
[23:25] I know.
[23:25] then why keep trolling?
[23:26] Because you people keep replying with "lol"?
[23:27] usually not to you though, sorry.
[23:27] <RG|MoF> Watever.
[23:27] <RG|MoF> !stats
[23:27] stats regenerated for channel, http://173.45.226.44/irc/knowyourmeme.html
[23:27] Hmm, I see.
[23:28] My intentions were originally to be funny.
[23:28] sorry man, you just went overboard with it. it would have been okay i guess if you kept it to a limit
[23:30] Well, I can not fix this, so I am quitting.
[23:30] don't man
[23:30] I must.
[23:30] I won't 404 my profile, it will still be there
[23:30] But I will not come back for a long while.
[23:31] It was fun, I guess.
[23:31] <RG|MoF> Dave has a new YouTube channel.
[23:31] if you must then fine. do whatever you want. i can't control your actions. though, remember that you have friends in KYM who will be waiting for your return
[23:31] like me
[23:32] i'll personally miss you even if you trolled us all for teh lulz
[23:32] you're part of the community and nothing can change that
[23:32] I know that I have developed a friendship to the community, and I will miss it.
[23:33] so, what are you gonna do while you're not on the site?
[23:33] I have one other profile on another site.
[23:33] I have not been there in a while.
[23:34] i see. well, it was fun having you around on KYM man. have fun on the other site
[23:34] i had to give up being on another site just to be on KYM too
[23:34] maybe i'll pay it a visit again sometime
[23:34] If you want to stalk me or whatever my profile is here; http://roosterteeth.com/spartonkille
[23:35] I will not be telling the others, so you are welcome to.
[23:35] Goodbye.
[23:35] == Taryn [~44331716@gateway/web/freenode/x-mgeoheqanbfsibel] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

-------

If you skipped all of that, he said that he's leaving because he feels guilty for trolling the IRC, thinking we guys appreciated it and thought it was funny and "[i]f you want to stalk [him] or whatever [his] profile is here; http://roosterteeth.com/spartonkille

Though, there is always the possibility of him coming back, so admins, don't 404 his account please.

We will miss you, Taryn. You were… ARE a smart and valuable member of the KYM community. Let no one ever tell you otherwise.

Last edited Feb 20, 2010 at 01:07AM EST

Well, if Taryn's actually leaving that's unfortunate because I thought he was a pretty cool guy.

But, if he's not actually leaving, he has found a wonderful way to trick us into complimenting him.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Taryn as well…

I'm not sure if he really hated me or not. But, I hope he/everyone else forgives me.
Take care, Taryn. I'll look forward for your return if you someday decide to come back. Stay strong.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!