Forums / Discussion / General

169,950 total conversations in 5,441 threads

+ New Thread

Memespeak IRL

Last posted Oct 30, 2009 at 10:51PM EDT. Added Aug 27, 2009 at 07:52PM EDT
13 posts from 8 users

Do you use memespeak (eg: phrases in memes) in your daily life?

Post examples here, just for fun.

For example, today, I was at work (my current job is summer camp), and we are trying to get the children to line up. One of my co-workers says to them, “Come on, you guys go to school, you should know how to make a line.” To which I replied snarkily, “How do I straight line?”

Aug 27, 2009 at 07:52PM EDT

Never, never ever.

I don’t use meme speak when I’m typing either.

Mabye it’s just because I’m tired of hearing it from other people but I stray from all memespeak.

Aug 27, 2009 at 07:56PM EDT

Yes, i do. But only to the extent of making people confused and/or pissed off at me. And then, I laugh. Actually, I also use memespeak sometimes when I hang out with my best friend. He’s just as addicted to them as I am, maybe even moar. Hmm… Maybe I should convince him to join this site! LOL

Aug 27, 2009 at 08:11PM EDT

Lol, yeah I have a lot lot of friends who are very into internet culture as well, and we tend to use them sometimes.

Aug 27, 2009 at 08:45PM EDT

mmm sometimes i use it. Just random phrases, i like to combine…

Do it Faggot AND like a boss!

Aug 27, 2009 at 09:41PM EDT

Yeah, I do. Much to the confusion of the people I am speaking with.
Also, I like to use memes for IRL trolling.

Oct 30, 2009 at 01:03AM EDT

Same here. It confuses the heck out of people. They can’t come back because they’re trying to tell what I said.

Oct 30, 2009 at 01:16AM EDT

I often confuse other people with “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?” Their reactions are great.

Oct 30, 2009 at 01:22AM EDT

Yes. Even though no one understands, it’s fun. For an example… if someone says “How many” or similar, I’ll shout “OVER 9000”(and no one in irl can tell me it’s “overused”!). I just wish I had someone else that knows about memes(one kid in my class knows what lolcats are and goes to icanhascheezburger but that’s it). Someone else than my brother, who learned them from me.

Oct 30, 2009 at 09:49AM EDT

I pretty much only speak in memes. I think it’s why my wife left me. (kidding!)

Oct 30, 2009 at 11:23AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!