Forums / Discussion / General

232,739 total conversations in 7,781 threads

+ New Thread

Congrats to our new Forum Mods and Meme Database Editors!

Last posted Feb 28, 2010 at 04:19PM EST. Added Feb 26, 2010 at 09:53PM EST
23 posts from 14 users

The day has come and we've finally added some more moderators to the site.

Our new Forum Moderators are Shadowfury, Jostin Asuncion, and Mellow!

Our new Meme Database Editors so far are Tomberry, Horseeater, and Blah?!?!!

EDIT: as of February 28th, Frketson has also accepted his spot as a Meme Database Editor!

This concludes our first-round of Editors and Moderators selected from the community. Congratulations everyone! Make us proud!

Last edited Feb 28, 2010 at 05:26PM EST

Watcher has been high on our list, but we just didn't feel that he's quite ready yet. We definitely recognize his hard work, but simply feel that he might need a bit of time to get used to the idea of writing about memes that spread because they are offensive, rather than calling for them to be deadpooled. He works hard in everything he does on the site, he just needs more practice with his objectivity.

Same as Skankin and Nick. ;3

Although I feel a lil jealous, I can't help but realize the common sense in the decision.

Chances are there would've been a day when all words on the forums would've wordfiltered to PENIS.

Talking about me, not Watcher, btw.

Last edited Feb 26, 2010 at 10:23PM EST

YAY!
I think they all deserve it. Shadowfury,you're very intelligent and a very serious person, so you will have no trouble being committed to your work of moderating threads and posts. Jostin, you're also very intelligent and have a great sense of humor (no offense @Shadowfury), so you will definitely make good decisions about the forums that everyone can agree on. Mellow, you are very silly and I like that, but you know what you're talking about and when it's time to get serious, so you'll do a great job.

Tomberry, for the longest time I have looked up to you because you have a clear and unique understanding of memes which make you one of the top members on KYM. Horseeater, you and I have been around for about the same time, yet you have a much greater understanding of memes and what they are or not than I will ever have (you also have a lot more entries than I do.) Blah?!?!, you know so much more about Japanese memes than most people on the site. You are our (try saying that 5x fast) 1# supply of information about memes from the East. You even wrote the Geddan article, which became an EPISODE! I salute you.

I wish I could became either a mod or a editor.Unfortunately, I am not on the site nearly enough or make enough meme contributions to become one.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!