Forums / Discussion / General

232,629 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Your First Entry

Last posted Mar 25, 2010 at 03:59PM EDT. Added Mar 24, 2010 at 08:26PM EDT
15 posts from 15 users

What was it, and why did you originally write it?

In my aspect, Bugs Bunny Blackface was written because I'd felt dejected in this site unless I wrote a meme entry that people enjoyed and wanted to get information on. Basically, the main reason why I joined this site.

Also, have you devoted into documenting internet phenomenon, and enjoy writing here?

And you?

Last edited Mar 24, 2010 at 08:30PM EDT

Paffendorf

"My goodness, that's the cutest dance and nobody knows that" was my reaction back then…

Come to think of it, it's still not confirmed yet despite sooooooooooo many derivatives… I even put in an origin σ_σ

Diglett Underground

I signed up just to add pics, comment on stuff, and contribute a bit to the forums. Then I realized that everyone had an entry but me. I thought for weeks about what I could do to make an entry, and when I was playing Pokemon I remembered a bunch of threads on serebii.net were debating what Diglett looked like underground. I Googled some stuff and decided it had enough info for a submission, so I got to work.

tl;dr I felt silly for not having any entries and that was the first thing I thought of.

EDIT: and it still never got confirmed. I must suck at this.

Last edited Mar 25, 2010 at 08:39AM EDT

After being on the site for just about a month or two, the first internet meme that I noticed was not on the DB at the time was the Krystal Can't Enjoy Her Sandwich one. Originally, I was afraid of creating articles (not knowing all the fancy formats to make headers big and stuff and all and just basically because I've never done this kind of thing before) and I asked for help from a good old friend of mine, Jackal Lantern (a user who was quite active about 7-8 months ago), to create an article for the meme on this thread. He did it for me with the collected research we had on the thread and now the article is delightfully confirmed. Technically, this would have been my first meme entry if I weren't so scared at the time.

The second meme I noticed was not on the DB at the time was the Fake CCG Cards one. I also wanted other people to make the article for me instead of trying it out myself on this thread but when Frketson advised me to make the article myself, seeing as I was the one who suggested documenting the meme, I went out of my own way and created the article for it. Judging from the article's first few comments I received after I created it, I learned I had a knack for article making (even though Chris completely reverted the whole article to follow proper formatting as I was still a noob at the time (it was also after Chris edited that article that I learned of the additional textile and HTML formats by studying how they were made on the article's editing page)). The article became my first confirmed meme and it made me proud and determined to make more. The rest is history.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!