Forums / Discussion / General

232,887 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Mods #4: Horseeater

Last posted Mar 31, 2010 at 05:31PM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2010 at 05:09PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Previous interview right here

Today's interviewee is external link whore Horseeater

Captain Blubber: Question 1: Why did you join Know Your Meme?

Horseeater: I think that it was because the pictures were funny, and that I thought the users had good imaginations (I thought the users had made the pictures). And I just wanted to contribute my vast knowledge of nothing. I thought that I could post some pictures that I made myself. My first two pictures to the site (as well as my first two contributions) were crappy pictures made in Preview, posted to meme entries that I had no clue existed. Over a very, very, very, very small amount of time (an hour or so), I found out that this was not a picture-making site.

CB: Question 2: What was your immediate reaction to becoming a mod?

H: I was stunned. I was really surprised and excited. I didn’t think I was mod-worthy, and I was rather shocked.

CB: Question 3: You’ve done research for plenty of entries, what is your favourite thing to learn about memes?

H: Their definite origins. God, it’s hard to find the origin to Internet-semi-old memes like Ding Fries Are Done. But once it’s found, my life is easier.

CB: Question 4: What has been your favourite experience on Know Your Meme?

H: https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/just-for-fun/topics/3175-community-building-experiment-test-chamber-2

CB: Question 5: What do you think was your biggest accomplishment was on Know Your Meme?

H: Having my first article not regarded as a complete waste of space or deadpooled. That sort of gave me the confidence to continue on the site.

CB: Question 6: If you could have any super power, what would it be?

H: Telekinesis. Moving objects with my mind would be so awesome. It would also be great for bar bets. And really, everything else too.

CB: Question 7: Which cartoon character do you think you could beat up in a fight?

H: Any of the South Park kids.

CB: Question 8: If you ran Know Your Meme for a day, what would you do?

H: Ban all spammers. And probably edit everyone’s avatars so that they were all pictures of George Clinton.

CB: Question 9: If you had an amusement park made in your honour, what would be the signature ride?

H: The Nausea Coaster. You eat Chinese food while riding the roller coaster. And strobe lights flash at you during the ride. And there is no way to be secured into it.

CB: Last Question: Do you have any words of advice for the KYM community?

H: Don’t be stupid. You have no idea what the power of stupidity holds.

CB: Thank you for your time.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!