Forums / Discussion / General

232,837 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

The New Youtube Design.

Last posted Apr 01, 2010 at 11:44AM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2010 at 09:34PM EDT
17 posts from 11 users

I just tried it myself, since I noticed that some of the APIs were no longer functional. Generic, over-simplified, horrible. But it is YouTube, and a lot of the same complaints were posted back when they switched over the channel pages. If they don't give us the option to choose between the new and old layouts, my guess is that the complaints will slow as people get used to the new system. In other words, exactly what happened with the channel redesigns.
It's necessary to remind ourselves that YouTube is a free service, and that Google can do whatever they please to the site. It isn't a democracy and we'll just have to accept their decisions.
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. Or maybe I know that, when it comes to YouTube, you can expect to be disappointed.

I think it's the worst design change the site has ever gone through. Why get rid of the simple-but-effective 5-Star System? That's always worked before. And the comments are all screwed up too, not to mention the complete Lack of the Other Videos by this Author Section. I hate it personally (And share my opinion with 99% of Interwebbers) and think that they really need to change it back to the Original Design.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!