Forums / Discussion / General

232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

What are our opinions about the iPad now?

Last posted Apr 01, 2010 at 11:02AM EDT. Added Mar 31, 2010 at 11:58PM EDT
5 posts from 4 users

When the iPad was announced not long ago, The community of Know Your Meme were comical about the idea.

Now, after it's been thoroughly introduced, I have to ask; Are your opinions still the same when it was announced or have you changed your aspect on the iPad?

Personally, I think this propaganda will easily become a disappointment. (as if hasn't already been)

BUT, I may be wrong…

(Can't wait for the reviews)

Your opinion?

Last edited Mar 31, 2010 at 11:58PM EDT

it's a giga-sized Ipod… With Flash enabled…
I don't think It will catch on, although it is "i" so Hipsters will flock to it. One would be better off just buying a Ebook or the like.

EDIT: nope no flash my bad…

Last edited Apr 01, 2010 at 12:59AM EDT

At first, I found it to be extremely underwhelming. "This isn't the device I've been waiting for for the past year or so," I thought.
I was probably wrong.
Upon further thought, it makes little sense to put a traditional OS on a device of this nature. Though personally, I am not a fan of iPhone OS, having used it in conjunction with Android 2.0 for some time now. Not that it's a bad OS, I just prefer Android.
As for the multitasking, there has been much speculation as to whether or not Apple will allow 3rd party multitasking, but Apple has yet to offer any clarification. As I see it, unless it gets 3rd party multitasking, it will never be anything but a novelty. Yes, you can jailbreak it to get multitasking now, but I shouldn't have to do that for a feature as basic as multitasking. However, the previously mentioned rumors concern this issue. Apple may choose to include 3rd party multitasking in iPhone OS 4.0. If this is true, it will solve most of the problems I--and many others, for that matter--have with it.
Among the issues I have with the hardware, are the processor and the decision to tie the 3G model onto AT&T's already taxed network. This was a mistake on their part; the exact same mistake that Apple made with the exclusivity deal with AT&T for the iPhone. If rumors concerning a CDMA model for the iPhone are true, I would like to see a CDMA iPad as well.
The other main issue I have with the hardware is the processor. Apple has opted for a single-core 1GHz A4 chip. That's fine. But I would like at least a dual-core chip. While the A4 is no slouch--especially with iPhone OS running on it--I can't see it handling heavier tasks as quickly as others. And if you toss in multitasking, you can imagine how much that extra thread would benefit the iPad.

Of course, I will need to get a hands on with it to make my final judgement. So we'll see.

Last edited Apr 01, 2010 at 05:26AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!